Toyota Fortuner 3.0 VS 2.5G

dagling

Have got a quote on a Toyota Fortuner 2.5 G 2013 model with automatic transmission.

Anyone know if there a big difference between 2.5 and 3.0 performance with normal driving.

I run sometimes up to 130-140 km per hour on good roads.

What about fuel consumption, lower by 2.5 than 3.0? What about resale value and will be sold as easily as a 3.0?

Appreciate the help of knowledgeable persons.

Fortuner 3.0: Max Torque 360/1,400-3,200 Max. Power HP: 171

Fortuner 2.5: Max Torque 343/1,600-2,800 Max. Power HP: 144

Big noticeable difference in performance? I do not know, but I hope you know;-)

Do a Toyota search and it will show you horse power and Torque for both engines. Remember torque is the key for heavy rides for normal driving which is done well below 2000 rpm.

Fortuner 3.0: Max Torque 360/1,400-3,200 Max. Power HP: 171

Fortuner 2.5: Max Torque 343/1,600-2,800 Max. Power HP: 144

Big noticeable difference in performance? I do not know, but I hope you know;-)

Do a Toyota search and it will show you horse power and Torque for both engines. Remember torque is the key for heavy rides for normal driving which is done well below 2000 rpm.

As you can see the grunt on the 3.0 is where you want it, low down in the user range rpm.

• Like 1

According to these figures the 2.5 might have a slight turbo lag, after you´re rolling the torque is almost identical. So no big difference until higher speeds when the additional horsepower is needed. But these turbo delays can be really annoying in slow and rolling traffic. I´ve only driven the 3.0 and liked it.

The 2.5 doesn´t have vehicle stability control? I think thats important for such a big/high car, specially in the rainy season with slippy roads. After all a test drive might help, you will be driving this car and noone else. If you´re going to keep this car for a while and want to enjoy it as much as possible, take the 3.0.