Wrought Iron Security Door in Pattaya?

barrysworld59

I am looking for shop/ phone that could build me a custom-made wrought iron security door with mosquito screen. The ones you add to the regular door and allow airflow, when regular door open. I am located by Big C Extra and have had trouble finding aplace that can measure my door and give me reasonable price...Any ideas would be greatly appreciated..
Thank you! BL

Edited by Rimmer
Please do not use oversize or bold fonts

Wrought iron or steel ?

Think he means steel, think these days would be very hard pressed to find wrought iron anywhere

Wrought iron has become a generic term for "scrolled" steel work one would find on gates etc, but they are not using real wrought iron, and if they were it wouldn't be cheap...

I would canvas for some quotes and get my wife/GF or a friendly Thai to make the inquiries.

Painting and keeping the door clear will prove to be a pain. I scrub my 5 doors using old toothbrushes every 4 to 6 weeks.

What cleaning solution do you use please Bagwan?

http://www.artsteel.net/

Used them 4 years ago for my old place

Run by foreigners and very professional.

Ask for Glenn

Do they do custom pieces like security/screen doors? I don't see any category for doors on the web site. I'm in the market for a decent looking steel security door with screens, as well.

Thank you guys for all your help...Yes, indeed, I just met with Morten from artsteel.net and in answer to some of the comments..

Yes, they use wrought iron, for standard security door will cost 3500bht..

They are, indeed, very professional and will do custom made if you want.

So, it will take 1 week before installation and, so far, I am very pleased as to their way of handling business. If anyone is interested here are the details:

Thanks, Barry

Edited by Rimmer
Weird fonts removed, please contact the poster via PM for detail, see the forum rules
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I finally got my security door from http://www.artsteel.net/ and was quite satisfied with their work and professionalism..It did take longer than expected (owner was having medical issues) but he kept to his word and the price was exactly what he quoted me which I think was quite fair 3,500bht..

Thanks for the help, guys

Barry

Edited by Rimmer
Please DO NOT post in non standard fonts thank you
  • Like 1

OK, I finally got my security door from http://www.artsteel.net/ and was quite satisfied with their work and professionalism..It did take longer than expected (owner was having medical issues) but he kept to his word and the price was exactly what he quoted me which I think was quite fair 3,500bht..

Thanks for the help, guys

Barry

Thanks for the info Barry and other posters. I'll be giving them a go too. I pass there every day and didn't spot the place.

btw the website is wrong on the office phone number - it's 090 778 2100, on the 08 number I was told the 'boss has gone to Norway'.

Cheers All!

Actually, the owner said he was leaving to Norway because of medical treatment, so, I believe the phone# is correct.Morten is the current owner of this business..I believe he will be gone for about 1 or 2 weeks..

Good Luck to you all, Barry