Anyone one know when the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and smart watch will be released in Thailand?

ThailandNeil

makloey - did you pick up the Galaxy Gear yesterday?

I'm interested to know what you think of it.

Plus, I'd like to know when it's available in stores here in Thailand. Seems a lot of other countries are getting the Note 3 now, but have to wait til Oct 4 for the Gear.

I got the new Note 3 and here is a preliminary opinion:

- screen much better than Note 2, although size increase not noticeable

- double the RAM (32 GB instead of 16GB)

- longer battery life

- lighter

- USB 3.0 for file transfer. This means a wider plug in the Note 3, but the previous cable with USB 2.0 can still be used. Clever!

Still exploring the software.. more to follow

• Like 1

Got the note 3 also today for a GF, her iPhone 4s will be gone tomorrow. Finally no more stupid iFruit problems...

x2 what previous poster said.

One weird thing though, when plugged into the computer and the phone is being used, battery barely stays at the same level is no CPU demanding apps are running. You HAVE to use the supplied Samsung changer (with 2A power output) to actually charge it while using.

Battery life is incredible, but I'm comparing to my older S2.

The guy at the Samsung shop threw in a bunch of apps before giving it to us, among them there is a Sygic GPS app. On a way back home I tried it and got a lock almost immediately and that was with the shitty rainy weather we are having right now. On my phone sygic was never very fast to get a lock even in a very good weather it was slower than the other GPS apps, and here I was almost shocked at with surprise.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

You can order on the 18th from true, 23500 baht for the octacore processor one year insurence and 32 gb micro sd included. if you have any other questions feel free to ask 

Is that on contract, or sim free price?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4

Sim free.

Picked mine up on Wednesday after being desirous of the Note 2 for ages. The S3 has been great but I really wanted the bigger screen.

I've not got into the s-pen so much and miss the ability to turn on and off multi alarms from the alarm widget but the speed of doing everything with multi windows is incredible.

The camera is also awesome and feature rich while being easy to use.

The host of features available on simple phone calls is easily missable with phone to ear but there's noise canceling and extra volume to be had.

The video player supports on screen gestures now for quick easy adjustments to vol, bright etc and watching movies on the screen is gorgeous.

Does get hot (very) on calls but surprisingly battery usage is way down! The faux leather back looks good until you touch it and think hmmm or take it off and realize its really horrible. But overall build quality is very very special.

Not sure if it's worth the upgrade from N2 at first adopter price particularly with the software updates coming to N2 but no regrets from (apples to oranges I know) S3.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You can order on the 18th from true, 23500 baht for the octacore processor one year insurence and 32 gb micro sd included. if you have any other questions feel free to ask

Is that on contract, or sim free price?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4

I think that specific promotional package from TrueMove H is tied to a contract, or post-paid, plan...

http://booking.truecorp.co.th/note3fortruecard/note3

Galaxy Lite, or Galaxy Bonus...

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/campaign/entry/1694

I am pretty sure the unit is generally available at the MSRP of 23,500 THB anywhere/everywhere SIM-free/unlocked, just maybe not without a few extras, or a discounted plan? Sometimes the bundled uSD cards are (obviously) less than ideal.

It also looks like the local unit is the N9000, so no LTE in case that is a requirement for anyone? (N9005 for LTE but different chip-set, CPU, GPU).

There may be more details associated with the upcoming Mobile Expo, not all of which require one to attend in person; many shops will honor show promotions.

http://www.thaimobilecenter.com/news-2556/news-7888.asp

http://www.thailandmobileexpo.com/2013Showcase/th/

Edited by lomatopo

Here's a link to the 3 available variants of the Note 3.

http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_3-5665.php

N9000 is the lowest specs of the 3 and is the model available locally. Would be nice to get my hands on the N9005 as its the most advanced, however I was expecting N3 to be a dual SIM phone and I would take over the other 2 if I can find one.

Anyone has any ideas where or/and when the N9002 is available?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You could look for the N9002 model in those countries where multiple SIMs are a requirement: India, China, etc.

More SGN3 variants:

SM-N9000 International variant

SM-N9002 Dual Sim variant for Chinese Market

SM-N9005 LTE variant
SM-N900K for KT Telecom South Korea
SM-N900L for LGU+ South Korea
SM-N900S for SK Telecom South Korea
SM-N900A for AT&T United States
SM-N900T for T-Mobile USA
SM-N900V for Verizon Wireless
SLC22 for KDDI AU Japan
SGH-N075 and SGH-N099 for NTT Docomo Japan

I got the new Note 3 and here is a preliminary opinion:

- screen much better than Note 2, although size increase not noticeable

- double the RAM (32 GB instead of 16GB)

- longer battery life

- lighter

- USB 3.0 for file transfer. This means a wider plug in the Note 3, but the previous cable with USB 2.0 can still be used. Clever!

Still exploring the software.. more to follow

I've seen specs on this phone for 16, 32, and 64 GB. Are the "standard" Thai models all 32 GB?

Secondly, in the past I've seen Samsung phones and tablets spec listings with different memory options, but I never actually see them at retailers. Does Samsung Thailand limit which memory variants are sold in Thailand? Or do you just need to go to a special retailer to find them?

Re: SM-N9500 internal memory: pretty sure the stock, base-model, local MSRP of 23,500 THB, has 32 GB. There may be a 64 GB variant available in some markets. This does not include the 3 GB of RAM or the up to 64 GB possible with a uSD card.

At least that's what the Samsung sites say.

http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxynote3-gear/spec.html

Typically Samsung Thailand localizes one, single variant.

In the past, most of the variants with more memory, be it 32 GB or 64 GB - if the base model has 16 GB - have shown up as carrier-branded/subsidized models, in the U.S and a few other countries.

Edited by lomatopo

Bought my N-9000 N3 last week, very happy with it, great screen. I don't think the quality of the back is an issue. I quite like it but it went straight into a case anyway.

There has been a lot of talk on the web about the region locking, mainly from Europe where they sell the N-9005. Conflicting reports on whether the phone is region locked even if you start it with the correct regional SIM. Does anyone know if an asian N-9000 (started with an asian SIM) can be used in another continent with a local SIM there. I don't travel that much so it's not a big issue for me but interesting to know. If the phones are locked i can see Samsung losing a lot of sales from Europe/USA.

When I travel through Hong-Kong next time, I'll try to find the N9002 in the duty free shops, if there's any mention of the country lock of any sorts on the box (there was nothing on the one I bought here), then I'm pretty much done with Samsung, will go look at the Sony xpedia Z again.

Why on earth would you buy a phone at this price (same as a computer) when on the other hand you have excellent chinese phones now, at almost half of that ? Of course the Note 3 is a great phone. But waaay too expensive !

The chinese phones have made an impressive progress during the last 12 months. Look at Xiaomi, Oppo, Zopo, Faea etc. Times are changing.

Now the chinese smartphones have gorilla glass, IPS screen from Sharp, APN from Sony. The only point may be the Mediatek processor, which is slower (Antutu 13,000 vs 20,000 for a quad core @1,5Ghz and 30,000 for the Note 3). But not all of them use the Mediatek processor, for example the Oppo Find 5, which has a Antutu score of 20,000. This is visible when catching a FHD movie or playing some games. But not in normal day to day usage. And the best chinese phones coming end 2013 will be based on the new Mediatek octacore, which wil solve the speed issue. Samsung must sleep badly at night. Prices are going to freefall in 2014, I think.

Why on earth would you buy a phone at this price (same as a computer) when on the other hand you have excellent chinese phones now, at almost half of that ? Of course the Note 3 is a great phone. But waaay too expensive !

The chinese phones have made an impressive progress during the last 12 months. Look at Xiaomi, Oppo, Zopo, Faea etc. Times are changing.

For starters, the Note 3 has 3gb of RAM, most Chinese have only 1gb.

Sure, but first do you need that, second does it justify such a crazy price, third why don't you wait for the bunch of mediatek octocores coming out of China end of the year ? The note 3 is just plain unreasonable. You will not find a rational argument, I think.

Sent from my Find 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And I think that we are just at the beginning of a market change. The Chinese phones have just reached liftoff. Oppo, Xiaomi, Zopo, Faea, who had heard of those brands before 2013 ? I'm pretty sure they are going to make a big buzz in the near future.

Sent from my Find 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Went with the 9005 variant (Malaysian - No Sim Lock) instead of the N9000. Performance / battery life all seem way better than the crippled octa. And the GPU is providing 15-20fps more on games. And heat seems to be less according to XDA and android website reports.

Worth considering if your in the market for a N3.

• Like 2

of course offically the only model is 9000 in Thailand. You pay your money you take your chance.

Luckily i am in Malaysia every few weeks so not an issue for me. Having said that in 12 years of smartphone ownership i have never had to claim anything on warranty, so as a gambling man it's a risk worth taking.