Bus from Nong Khai to Chiang Mai

rosst

Wow, I had no idea how hard this would be??? I am not a newbie to TV, Tripadvisor etc. and trying to get assistance with this heading, forget it.

Not one single thread answered this description. All the threads were Chiang Mai to Udon, Chiang Mai to Nong Khai, Chiang Mai to Vientiane, not one single thread about the return trip unless you booked in Chiang Mai.

I am hoping to get some reliable information on bus details from either Nong Khai, Udon Thani or even Khon Kaen if needed. I live East of Nong Khai and I can get a bus to Nong Khai or Udon Thani but as there are three bus station in Udon and the bus station in Nong Khai is 60 plus Kilometres away it is difficult to plan my trip.

I would like to go on a decent VIP bus and would prefer to book before I travel to ensure a seat.

A bus company and phone number would help.

Thanks for anybody able to assist.

Bus

Nong Khai’s main bus terminal (0 4241 1612) is located just off Th Prajak, over 1km from the riverside guesthouses.

Read more: http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thailand/nong-khai-province/nong-khai/transport/getting-there-away#ixzz2f6pgB26J

rosst, i was in nong kai bus terminal a couple of years ago and remember seeing a v.i.p. bus going to chiang mai.

try the above number, may be they can help.

also try www.phetpraset.com. 056 720 720. who do a v.i.p from kohn kaen to chiang mai.

happy travels.