Thai Font Overwrites

phibunmike

Hi,

When I go to various websites in Thai, some of them display ok, but some have occasional text overwrites - characters written on top of each other. See this example from Google:

post-21307-1145683116_thumb.jpg

It doesn't seem to happen in any Roman fonts. Anyone know what the problem is, or how I can fix it ?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi

Don’t know if this will help. Have you tried – View – Encoding – Auto Select or/and Thai - Western European Windows (or ISO) or any of the others?

This usually sorts out gibberish on my screen.

Sometimes just reloading the page does the trick.

:o:D

Edited by Beachcomber

Hi

Don’t know if this will help. Have you tried – View – Encoding – Auto Select or/and Thai - Western European Windows (or ISO) or any of the others?

This usually sorts out gibberish on my screen.

Sometimes just reloading the page does the trick.

:o:D

Thanks, I have tried adding other Thai fonts into the "Auto Detect" list - but it didn't change anything. Reloading doesn't help, as the errors are always in the same places, one day to the next.

I have enlarged the text on the Google page, and I can see that the problem is in the font itself - as though there is a character that is missing from the font:

post-21307-1145767017_thumb.jpg

(You will need to enlarge this to see what I mean)

The text detects as "Unicode (UTF-8)". If I select Thai fonts manually, it is just garbage...