Map and plotting points

playbgnow

Has anyone started pinning points of interest that come up in topics on TV on google maps yet?

Could be a nice reference point for those of us trying to find places like Chiang Mai immigration, btw can someone plot the CM Immigration office for me?

While at it, places to buy gourmet food would come in handy.

Thanks M8's

The easiest way is it is in between the airport Mall and the airport on the right hand side. There is a gas station right across the street from it. hope that helps.

Edit

That is if you are coming from the airport. It is a short walk from either the airport or the Mall. Some people park at one or the other and walk to it.

Edited by hellodolly
  • Like 1

Rimping is a good source for many of your quality Western foodstuff needs as well as Makro, esp. the Hang Dong location. For baking as well as other supplies there is Baker's Friend and Yok. I also like checking out what the King's Project has for sale on any particular day as rainbow chard or fresh and/or smoked trout can be found on some days for example.. If your requiring speciality items there are wholesalers in town many whom will also sell to the general public. If you tell me what in particular your looking for perhaps I'll be able to point you in the right direction.

You can search using Google Earth to find the general location then jump into "street view" (if available) to locate the precise location.

That usually is the way I do it. However I was looking for a shop and used the name of it and it located it with a flag/marker for it. Went to streetview and did a virtual walk around for several sois around it looking for the sign of the shop with no luck. Even stood right in front of a store where the marker was. Ended up being several hundred meters away from there. So generally yes it works but can't rely upon it 100%. Suspect those markers are put in by the general public and some just get it wrong.

Talking of maps, I bought a nice German made one of Chiang Mai and the outer suburbs recently.

It was most interesting to see all the subway stations marked, and soon I'll take the subway from Kad Suan Keow to Warawot market.

Wow, was someone dreaming when they thought this one up!