Cigarettes for Good Price

realthaideal

Hey. I'm about to take a trip to the US and have a request to bring the allowed 2 carton amount back with me.

Who's got the real cigarettes - Marlboros - for the right price? What does a carton of Marlboro Red cost? I have no idea....

I don't smoke. Have never. Don't really endorse it either, but am doing it as a favor, so I could use pointers as to where in Chiang Mai to go.

Thanks.

You can only bring one carton or 200 cigs into Thailand.

CUSTOMS & DUTY FREE ALLOWANCES AND RESTRICTIONS
Tobacco....................200 cigarettes
Liquor.......................1 litre
Cameras....................No restrictions
Film...........................Reasonable amount for personal use
Perfume.....................Reasonable amount for personal use
Gifts...........................No duty free allowance
Currency....................Must be declared on arrival

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/119829-cigarettes-and-wine-into-thailand/

Just get them at 7-11 or Lotus

Get the boxes, the hard packs. Soft packs at small thai mom and pop shops can be fake.

There are two different size cigarettes, the regular width and the smaller 7.1mm width these are in black boxes. You friend probably wants the regular width. Say Marlboro 'dang' - dang means red.

At 7-11 they are about 90 baht per pack, at a small thai shop they are about 68-78 baht - but you run the risk of getting fake ones if you dont smoke and dont know what they are suppose to taste like.

Dont ask for a carton , they wont know what the hell youre talking about, just ask for 20 packs (yeesip or sao gong) - 1 carton equals 10 packs and come wrapped in clear plastic, not paper carton boxes.

Edited by KRS1

Are you going through Seoul, Korea? Have heard that you can buy duty free Marlboro's there for less than in Thailand.

correct. you can also buy them in duty free in BKK airport if you're flying international from bangkok. marlboro reds were 500b for a carton of ten packs last time i was there in the summer. seoul airport was a similar price earlier this year too.

I think he probably wants the non-Thai ones because they don't taste like the inside of a turkish wrestlers jockstrap.

The tobacco phillip morris foist on Thailand is execrable.

The cost in the US varies from state to state, but I have no idea if "Duty Free" means "state tax" free as well. I'm sure one of our American smokers can enlighten the OP.

The limit is ONE carton, they have nice signs around baggage claim now telling you so.

You are helping some one commit suacide on the lay away plan as a favor.whistling.gif

Ummmm yes. True. Breathing here in hot season dangerous. Eating meat kills animals and us as well. Stress about what kills us, kills us. So yes. You are right. But that's not the question. It's a disgusting habit and a sign of being controlled by a drug. Don't endorse it at all. So....you're preachin' to the choir.

Anyway, not sure what I said that confused people. I am in CM, Thailand. I am going to the US. I want to buy cigarettes from here, for cheaper than they are in the US, to take to the US, not the other way around. So for those who got it, thanks for the advice. I'll have a look around town, and maybe just hold out for the airports. Time will tell. Having no experience with this stuff, advice is appreciated.