Options when missing 1-year extension of stay?

Hi All

I'm currently in Thailand on a Non-Immigrant O Single Entry - Visa for retirees.

Which are my options for staying longer than these three months should I miss the deadline for a 1-year extension application?

The problem is due to postal delay problems of the ORIGINAL pension-confirmation which the Consulate wants to see for issuing the "income letter". They decline documents sent by Fax or e-mail.

Thank you in advance for any constructive help!

@Suradit69

Thanks, didn't think of UPS etc. The document is on the way now since 3 weeks from Switzerland to a Ban at the outskirts of Ubon. Unfortunately the Issuing Office isn't cooperative at all as regards a direct fax or email to the embassy.

@Ubonjoe

Thanks, you're always ready to help (True Vision has been rapidly installed to my full satisfaction).

What options for a new visa do I have now? In case must I do a "border run"? Do you know a suitable place to go from Ubon?

Sorry for my ignorance.

Savannakhet across the river from Mukdahan for a visa.

You would only get15 days just crossing the border.

I would of suggested doing a border run and doing a conversion to a visa entry but Phibun does not do them.

Even if you have to go to Bangkok for income letter doing a conversion at immigration there would mean another trip because you have to wait 15 days for visa stamp.

If you are lucky maybe the 7 day option will be enough.

Edit: If you are married to Thai lady you could get a 60 day extension to visit her. Didn't think to ask before.

Edited by ubonjoe

Thanks a lot UbonJoe. With your tip of Savannaket you've given me back some peace of mind...

I've seen that it should be possible there to ask for a double tourist visa entry (2x60+30) which should concede me enough time prior to my next flight home in March.

Anyway, as regards the missing document... I've not given up all the hope yet...

I'll keep you updated later.

By the way I'm widowed and not planning to marry again at 68 :-)