Migration of Pattaya residents to Chiang Mai

whereyoufrom

So the cost of property in similar!

The night life is non existent!

Half the year CM is covered in thick smog!

No beach!

CCC

Hey, we have three go go's and we do have a beach, I personally wouldn't go to either but others might enjoy.

The beach is all the ash from the smog landing in the back yard, it's hard up north but we make do!

CCC

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No beach!

CCC

Hey, we have three go go's and we do have a beach, I personally wouldn't go to either but others might enjoy.

The beach is all the ash from the smog landing in the back yard, it's hard up north but we make do!

CCC

Wrong again, we have a fully fledged beach with great swimming, fishing and boating - I'm a northerner from both the UK and Thailand, I should know! biggrin.png

No beach!

CCC

CCC

Wrong again, we have a fully fledged beach with great swimming, fishing and boating - I'm a northerner from both the UK and Thailand, I should know! biggrin.png

I don't think a Pattaya resident reading this thread will be sold on the relocation.

Maybe Phuket but that's another story.

CCC

CCC

I don't think a Pattaya resident reading this thread will be sold on the relocation.

CCC

Game set and match then.laugh.png

my method is using the postings of Chiang Mai residents in Thaivisa. nearly all postings prove that rentals as well as property purchases are a fraction of those in Pattaya.

Curiosity got the better of me so I did do some counting - I visited two large CM real estate agents web sites and this is what they say:

Houses Fof Sale - number of properties advertised

<10 mill = 70 & 13

5-10 mill = 90 & 19

2-5 mill = 90 & 50

1-2 mill = 20 % 18

>1 mill = 0 & 2

Houses for Rent - number of properties advertised

<10k = 95

10-25k = 195

25-50k = 61

<50k = 5

I don't know how meaningful that data is but it's probably a step up from gut feel and counting advertsing boards along the highway.

As for posts/claims made by CM residents: as memory serves me there are one or two people who are especially voluble about how little it costs to live up here, they claim that housing in particular can be had for next to nothing but in both cases I think they refer to space under a bridge!

figures from a big Pattaya Real Estate Agency:

Houses for rent

<10k = 0

10-15k = 2

15-20k = 15

100k and > = 26

i rest my case.

Edited by Naam

Aaaah...Chiang Mai, the Hua Hin of the North.......BORING!!:-)

the goddess of asthma and bronchitis whistling.gif

i was once in Chiang Mai, found something i liked very much and what we miss in Pattaya, namely real cold water from a tap for a face rinse after a wet shave thumbsup.gif

my method is using the postings of Chiang Mai residents in Thaivisa. nearly all postings prove that rentals as well as property purchases are a fraction of those in Pattaya.

Curiosity got the better of me so I did do some counting - I visited two large CM real estate agents web sites and this is what they say:

<10 mill = 70 & 13

5-10 mill = 90 & 19

2-5 mill = 90 & 50

1-2 mill = 20 % 18

>1 mill = 0 & 2

<10k = 95

10-25k = 195

25-50k = 61

<50k = 5

I don't know how meaningful that data is but it's probably a step up from gut feel and counting advertsing boards along the highway.

As for posts/claims made by CM residents: as memory serves me there are one or two people who are especially voluble about how little it costs to live up here, they claim that housing in particular can be had for next to nothing but in both cases I think they refer to space under a bridge!

Houses for rent

<10k = 0

10-15k = 2

15-20k = 15

100k and > = 26

i rest my case.

I don't want to appear competitive on this issue because that's not the objective, but, I don't think you've really proven your case with that meagre showing of 43 properties for rent from a single "big" agency, I think we you it needs more data to seal the deal, particularly sales value data.

Edited by chiang mai

<10 mill = 70 & 13

5-10 mill = 90 & 19

2-5 mill = 90 & 50

1-2 mill = 20 % 18

>1 mill = 0 & 2

<10k = 95

10-25k = 195

25-50k = 61

<50k = 5

Houses for rent

<10k = 0

10-15k = 2

15-20k = 15

100k and > = 26

i rest my case.

But you know why that is don't you ?

The ones below 15K are all rented out biggrin.png

• Like 1

In this site's classifieds, the area breakdown includes only Chon Buri/Pattaya. But there are 58 apartments for rent between 5,000 and 10,000 bpm, many in Pattaya.

I think it's OK to post a link to this site? LINK

In CM, there are 115. LINK

Since most owners don't advertise on this site and many not at all, there has to be a lot more.

There isnt anything special about Chiang Mai, quite a boring place really. Food is dreadful, mosquitos the size of birds, traffic is hell on earth. Its expensive. Did I mention it was boring. Why would anyone from Pattaya want to come and live in Chiang Mai. Bangkok is far more suitable place and nearer too. Leave Chiang Mai alone, give it a miss. Nothing really there. Your not wanted . . . get it.

yeah everyone got our of town as they knew such a idiot was going there (you), and who brags about his millions. you are the one not wanted as you said once "goodbye" and you came back and everybody was pi** off

• Like 1

Might be better asking the folk in the Pattaya forum -they come across as a contented bunch living normal lives well away from Central Pattaya's traffic and tourist hordes. More power to them.

Lot's of nice places to live in Pattaya, I think some people think it's just about soi 6, 7 and 8, bless em...laugh.png

I'm sure there are nice places to live in Pattaya but the chances of a farang sex addict moving in next door are 100 times higher than anywhere else in the country.

Might be better asking the folk in the Pattaya forum -they come across as a contented bunch living normal lives well away from Central Pattaya's traffic and tourist hordes. More power to them.

Lot's of nice places to live in Pattaya, I think some people think it's just about soi 6, 7 and 8, bless em...laugh.png

I'm sure there are nice places to live in Pattaya but the chances of a farang sex addict moving in next door are 100 times higher than anywhere else in the country.

Does a sex addict neighbor spreads a bad smell, is noisy or what ?

Maybe not all, but you would not want them watching your children going to school.

Food for thought?

CCC

• Like 2

Maybe not all, but you would not want them watching your children going to school.

Food for thought?

CCC

A sex addict and a pedo are two different things. And how about me watching them smile.png

Let's face it both Pattaya and CM are sh*t.

Pattaya is a run down shit hole, full of undesirables, and has TERRIBLE night life (assuming you aren't a whoremonger) and a filthy beach. Unless you like hookers there's little to draw you here.

Chiang Mai is nicer but dull as dishwater, unexciting nightlife that only seems to kick off at the weekend and very little to do in the city it's self. Not sure what there is to draw you here actually.

Don't get me started on Phuket.

Neither compare to the mighty BKK.

• Like 1

Food for thought?

CCC

A sex addict and a pedo are two different things. And how about me watching them smile.png

There is a much higher risk in a place like Pattaya compared to other major cities, due to the nature of the infrastructure.

I would not feel comfortable with anyone watching my family and would move to somewhere more family orientated where everyone new each other and their neighbours well.

CCC

Pattaya nightlife is OK if you are a whoremongers if not there's very little IME

Just finding a bar where you can have a quiet drink with no bar girls bothering you is a challenge.

Think you can forget about finding a club where regular Thai's go.

Was only there for 12 days or so maybe I just couldn't find this stuff?

Pattaya nightlife is OK if you are a whoremongers if not there's very little IME

Just finding a bar where you can have a quiet drink with no bar girls bothering you is a challenge.

Think you can forget about finding a club where regular Thai's go.

Was only there for 12 days or so maybe I just couldn't find this stuff?

Nah, Pattaya is lacking a lot of things, a decent nightlife is not one of them.

Quite a few thai orientated pubs/clubs along third road.

There is also a decent chunk of regular thais hitting up the main clubs along Walking St. I have been out there with chicks from BKK many times, and met some there.

Also been to some great parties at the Hard Rock, and all the other events that a place like Pattaya like the International Music Festival.

I'm sure you could find bars where you won't get bothered but most of the bars I have seen on the beach side of third road obviously cater towards the mongering crowd. I've been to a few bars and karioki places along and past third road. Bit of a mixed bag there. Didn't feel too welcome in a few of them.

Personally my favorite part about the place is that it is interesting to walk around at night. Good people watching.

====

As I said before though. Different place and caters mostly to a different crowd. Obviously as you are similar to me being a 20s expat, we find Bangkok to be much better for nightlife. You can't exactly walk around in shorts, singlet, holding a beer and enjoy the crazyness of walking street in Bangkok though. Those guys in their 40s are not going to enjoy Bangkok nightlife like we do and would prefer Pattaya.

Pattaya is somewhere I like to go for a short trip like a weekend or a couple days. Bangkok nightlife I can do every week with a lot more varied options and scenes that suit me better.

===

Different type of nightlife, but certainly not lacking &lt;deleted&gt;.

Edited by Metapod

Can't wait for them to make a soap opera about Chang mai, It'll be a mix of Eastenders, Emmerdale, Coronation Street and last Of the Summer Wine....

Queue up for the parts of Cleggy, Compo,Foggy and Cyril, I'm sure their are plenty who might be just the ones for the parts...facepalm.gif

• Like 1

Pattaya is actually derived from the word "Pah-taiy-ah", dating back to 3000 BC. This was where the devil worshipers went to fornicate with each other, and once a soul went to this place....they were never the same. They made you walk the plank into the abyss.... now they call it "walking street." If ever in Egypt, ask for "Pattahyaizini" and you will be imprisoned for 100 lifetimes.

*coffee is good today. smile.png

oh, and Chiang Mai has to do with Heaven and ....... well, you get the idea.

• Like 1

No beach!

CCC

CCC

Haha, you mean you have an old tin bath and a sand pit in the backyard, bet you even got an outside toilet and use Izal to wipe your self...wink.png

pattay will allways have a bit of a name,

im not sayibg its bad, ive had some brillient times there many years ago, my friend from the same town as me in england Phil owns the coral reef bar soi 8 hes been there for over 20 years, its changed we all know that, there is the eastern europe people who dont like spending money and bar owners are finding it hard,

ive been to chang mai stayed in the royal princess hotel, visited all the tourist places, the water falls, hot spa, orchid farm, wood carvin ect, was good for a holiday, me and the wife like to have hollidays away from nokarn nowere,

but in the end im happy to get back to my farm,

in the end what does it matter were people live?

just be happy were you lay your hat,

jake

Right that's it Jake, all Pattaya residents looking to move are coming to live next door to you, I'm sure you'll welcome them with open arms and a big smile, not like some of the wannabe Toffs of Chang Mai...tongue.png

these should do the job,,lol,,

dad as just got to train lad now,,lol

No kidding, Jake. I'm coming to live next door to you. All of my life I've dreamed only of spending my day mucking out pig chit. I really got tired as a youngun of mucking out stalls with horse, cow, and calf chit and it's time for me to move up to pigs!!!!!!

laugh.png

• Like 1