Motorcyclist killed in Pattaya road crash

webfact

Motorcyclist killed in Pattaya road crash

crash-23.jpg

PATTAYA: -- An unidentified Thai man thought to be aged between 45 and 50 was killed in a road crash at a crossroads in the Kaow Mai Geaw area in Banglamung on Tuesday Morning.

The crash involved the victim and his motorbike along with a Toyota Fortuna driven by Khun Rojana aged 30 who was on her way to work at the time of the crash which also left the bikes passenger with serious and potentially life-threatening injuries.

The female Fortuna driver who works for the PTT Company, was uninjured and remained at the scene to explain the crash to Police Investigators who were told that she was approaching a crossroads and claimed to be driving at low speed.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/102912/motorcyclist-killed-pattaya-road-crash/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-09-18

Why was she arrested?

Isnt it common knowledge that at a crossroad, nobody gives way, except when presented by force? or a horn "beep"

RIP...

I have been told that the driver of the larger vehicle is always in the wrong

I heard something like that too, its to make car drivers be more careful. I doubt it works though. When I cross somewhere be it on one of my bikes or my car i always check. But still there are so many idiots here jumping red lights how can you expect a normal crossing without signs to be save. It must be carnage.

Why was she arrested?

Isnt it common knowledge that at a crossroad, nobody gives way, except when presented by force? or a horn "beep"

RIP...

Could be,but rather wrong than dead!

Why was she arrested?

RIP...

Could be,but rather wrong than dead!

This is not philosophical. I have ridden a motorbike from London to Calcutta and know about defensive driving. . . .

As a survivor . . .I see many people who don't . . .

My partner is always reminding me when driving the pick up. It applies to trucks and buses.

The point is, that as a result, other people driving motor bikes and so on are not as survival oriented

and do lots of stupid things. . .

I don't think that the law says that the larger vehicle is at fault, I believe that when there is an accident between a car and a motorcycle, the car driver's insurance pays

When i was turning left into a garage ,and indicating ,a m/cycle with two girls on tried to undertake me and crashed into me ,both were slightly injured a relative tried to get me to pay ,i refused as they were at fault ,they got nothing from my insurance.end of.

Is Banglamung in Pattaya????

No

The other way around

Banglamung is a district IN Pattaya. When you drive from the North you see signs that say "Welcome to Pattaya" then you drive through Banglamung. Pattaya begins just after Laemchabang and ends around NaJomtien.

Banglamung is at the Northern most end of Pattaya.

No

The other way around

Banglamung is a district IN Pattaya. When you drive from the North you see signs that say "Welcome to Pattaya" then you drive through Banglamung. Pattaya begins just after Laemchabang and ends around NaJomtien.

WRONG - Pattaya is in Banglamung , even addresses in Huay Yai have Banglamung in them. The signs across the road have nothing to do with it.

• Like 2

No

The other way around

Living in Pattaya my official address is

Nong Prue (Tamboon or Sub-District)

Bangmalung (District)

Chonburi (Province)

But I think we are wandering a bit off topic.

Edited by pcliff069

No

The other way around

wrong

Pattaya is not even mentioned in peoples official addresses

only folks who don't know add it

Why was she arrested?

RIP...

You were told wrong.

Why was she arrested?

RIP...

You were told wrong.

EXTRAPOLATION

There is a lot more 'perception' in what people expect. I am told this 'perception' by Thai people, who have been my passengers in my pickups over many years. It is based on the understanding of what's fair.

One may be in the right legally, or in the wrong, however there is this understanding that if you push your 'rights' with motor bikers or whatever it is that is smaller than you, the perception will go the way of the smaller vehicle unless proven otherwise.

Its like the English law of being innocent until proven guilty. Which "used" to be law in countries which inherited the magna carta.

I say "used to" because traffic "regulations" are now subverting those laws innocence in the West

Modern camera technology, is now 'presumed' to imply your guilt unless you 'prove' your innocence. This is legal poppycock, but fighting it in the courts has become very difficult.

Thai people tell me there is this "understanding" leading to a 'perception' that the smaller vehicle has to be considered by the large vehicle.

So its like saying 'be careful' of the smaller vehicle, because, they, the police will decide against you.

My understanding of that is, it promotes fairness and discourages bullying by size.

This could open a huge discourse on what actually happens on the roads, however, I took it on board, in the light that it was given.

A cautionary tale.

I don't know where this comes from. Maybe someone else can explain.

The bike does not seem to be seriously damaged, the deceased does not appear to have been wearing a helmet. It's speculation for sure but I suspect that this accident and alot of other relatively low speed collisions would be survivable if the MC rider had been wearing a proper lid.

In these cases were easily preventable head trauma is the COD I believe no blame should be apportioned to the other party. If this rule were to be applied across the board then just maybe some of these idiots driving with no head protection would reconsider their choices.

Why was she arrested?

RIP...

You were told wrong.

EXTRAPOLATION

There is a lot more 'perception' in what people expect. I am told this 'perception' by Thai people, who have been my passengers in my pickups over many years. It is based on the understanding of what's fair.

One may be in the right legally, or in the wrong, however there is this understanding that if you push your 'rights' with motor bikers or whatever it is that is smaller than you, the perception will go the way of the smaller vehicle unless proven otherwise.

Its like the English law of being innocent until proven guilty. Which "used" to be law in countries which inherited the magna carta.

I say "used to" because traffic "regulations" are now subverting those laws innocence in the West

Modern camera technology, is now 'presumed' to imply your guilt unless you 'prove' your innocence. This is legal poppycock, but fighting it in the courts has become very difficult.

Thai people tell me there is this "understanding" leading to a 'perception' that the smaller vehicle has to be considered by the large vehicle.

So its like saying 'be careful' of the smaller vehicle, because, they, the police will decide against you.

My understanding of that is, it promotes fairness and discourages bullying by size.

This could open a huge discourse on what actually happens on the roads, however, I took it on board, in the light that it was given.

A cautionary tale.

I don't know where this comes from. Maybe someone else can explain.

I find many Thai car and truck drivers are quite aware of motorcycles, and make allowances for them. Bullying by idiots in larger vehicles is thankfully very rare. I always thought it was a result of the fact that nearly all drivers had at some point been a motorcyclist, and that most car drivers currently have a close relative or two tootling around on motorcycles. Not so much a result of perceptions, but experience. BTW this question of experience may explain why a large proportion of the idiot car drivers I have encountered are falangs.
  • Like 2

No

The other way around

WRONG - Pattaya is in Banglamung , even addresses in Huay Yai have Banglamung in them. The signs across the road have nothing to do with it.

WRONG whistling.gif

Bang Lamung is a district (amphoe) but there is also a township/subdistrict (thasaban tambon) called Bang Lamung within the amphoe of Bang Lamung.

I guess an easy to understand comparative use is NY City and NY State. Same name, different geographical status.

WRONG whistling.gif

Bang Lamung is a district (amphoe) but there is also a township/subdistrict (thasaban tambon) called Bang Lamung within the amphoe of Bang Lamung.

I guess an easy to understand comparative use is NY City and NY State. Same name, different geographical status.

We could also complicate things further by saying Chon Buri is a township (tambon) within the District (amphoe) of Chon Buri within the province (changwat? no doubt will be corrected) of Chon Buri.

But let's not.

Why was she arrested?

RIP...

Might has right! Right?