Phuket: Naughty abbot caught on camera in sex romp

webfact

Phuket: Naughty abbot caught on camera in sex romp
Eakkapop Thongtub

1379480343_3093.jpg
Footage from the videotape.

PHUKET: -- Video of a Phang Nga monk – allegedly a well-known abbot with many adherents – apparently having sex with the middle-aged wife of a local businessman has caused a furore in the local online community.

The footage has also been copied to VCD and widely distributed across Phuket, Phang Nga and the South of Thailand

While some commentators have deplored the actions of the monk and his paramour, others have decried the footage as false, saying that it does not show the abbot, and that it was somehow created using video technology.

One adherent warned that those distributing the video would be sued.

The tryst was photographed at a house in Srisoonthorn Village 5 in Thalang.

There is no arguing that what is seen in the video is highly inappropriate. There are two chapters. In the first, which lasts just under 20 minutes, the woman is seen welcoming the monk, after which they sit and chat, enjoy snacks together and count money.

The woman then stands up and the monk says, “It’s time.” They both strip and, holding hands, walk to a part of the room that is off-camera.

The second section lasts for two hours, during most of which nothing can be seen happening. Towards the end, however, the two again walk in front of the camera, naked, before putting their clothes on again.

The back-story being related around the island is that the woman is married to a local businessman. He and his relatives had long been aware of the ongoing affair between the monk and the wife. The husband had tried to get his wife to agree to a divorce but she would not go along with the terms offered.

The relatives then persuaded the husband that tougher measures were needed, hence the decision to set up a camera in the living room to film the couple.

The wife has apparently been shown the video, but it is not known what her reaction was.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-naughty-abbot-caught-on-camera-in-sex-romp-41959.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-09-18

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst I know monks are supposed to remain celibate I think that is the most difficult thing for any man to do. Although he has broken his vows I hope (if he is otherwise a good monk) allowed to remain a monk if he stops seeing this lady.

• Like 2

Obviously this one, monks stealing money and the jetset-monk are just separate cases, but these do lessen the "moral" credibility of the institution.

Are there still some entites in Thailand which provide, by their own example, teachings how to live like a human for the younger generations?

Poor businessman must actually still love his wife, otherwise he would just have her clipped and move on.

Don't you think public humiliation is far more effective?

Whilst I know monks are supposed to remain celibate I think that is the most difficult thing for any man to do. Although he has broken his vows I hope (if he is otherwise a good monk) allowed to remain a monk if he stops seeing this lady.

He's not a good monk full stop. If he was a novice first beginning the practice, you could sort of understand giving into temptation.

But he's an abbot for Buddha's sake. If you can't practice mindfulness as an Abbot, you are not a Buddhist at all.

And think what example he is setting all the monks in his community, not to mention the lay people.

Thai people have a saying like in most countries "don't mess with people's wives". If its true for lay people, its 100 times true for monks.

He's broken about 100 of the 227 precepts he is supposed to abide by if he really has done this.

He should be disrobed, and then expect whatever treatment people that going around shagging other peoples wives get.

Its called karma. He should know all about that.

• Like 2

Im surprised there isnt a furore every morning when they go round begging for food, so much a pick up has to follow them near me and then they all jump in and go back to the temple puffing on their fags.

The whole thing is a farce.....................yet the gullible fall over themselves and cough up endless amounts of money to build "yet another monument to stupidity"

Wow - such total ignorance of what buddhism is about. If you don't like it, fine, but I doubt you have ever even read a book on the subject.

I agree on one thing - modern Buddhism appears more and more "ill" - but the concept of alms giving is not part of the sickness. And monks don't "beg", it has nothing to do with begging. Just a quote from wiki about alms giving:

In Buddhism, alms or almsgiving is the respect given by a lay Buddhist to a Buddhist monk, nun, spiritually-developed person or other sentient being. It is not charity as presumed by Western interpreters. It is closer to a symbolic connection to the spiritual realm and to show humbleness and respect in the presence of the secular society.[note 1] The act of alms giving assists in connecting the human to the monk or nun and what he/she represents. As the Buddha has stated:

Householders & the homeless or charity [monastics]

in mutual dependence

both reach the true Dhamma....

• Like 2

Thai Monks chasing women and enriching themselves, perverted catholic priests abusing young boys - surely this says something about celibacy. Has this always happened but gets exposed more now? (No pun intended).

Not sure of the connection between celibacy and abusing young boys.

So if they didn't have to be celibate it would be open season on young boys? I think it is a sick mind, nothing to do with celibacy.

I was told by a Cambodian that the Thai's do not practice real Buddhism - I never got much into the subject as I was still busy reading my book on "fairy tales by the Grimm brothers"

I also never quite understand what happens to the fruit and red sodas that are put out at these "shrines" on every corner?? I heard that if someone stole that fruit & sodas they would be punished by maybe coming back in the next life as a rat or something....

Thai Monks chasing women and enriching themselves, perverted catholic priests abusing young boys - surely this says something about celibacy. Has this always happened but gets exposed more now? (No pun intended).

Not sure of the connection between celibacy and abusing young boys.

So if they didn't have to be celibate it would be open season on young boys? I think it is a sick mind, nothing to do with celibacy.

I think they cannot control their celibacy and pick on young boys as they are more vulnerable

• Like 1

You gotta be joking. and what is you job spec for a "good monk"?? bah.gifcoffee1.gif