Foreign Marriage to Thai woman

AYJAYDEE

I have just read a claim on thaivisa that Thailand does not recognize a thai woman's marriage to a foreign man taking place in the foreign country if she does not change her last name to his. And , the claim was then made that if she DID change her name, she would be ineligible to own property in Thailand. Has anyone here ever heard anything about this and if so can they guide me to the relevant legislation?

That was a totally bogus an inaccurate piece of nonsense !

As I read it it related to all marriages between a Thai lady and a foreigner regardless of where the marriage took place !

well that is a very dangerous thing for that guy to be claiming!! It is going to confuse one hell of a lot of folks that were married in the husbands home country! Is there nothing the moderators can do about false information??

As I read it it related to all marriages between a Thai lady and a foreigner regardless of where the marriage took place !

well that is a very dangerous thing for that guy to be claiming!! It is going to confuse one hell of a lot of folks that were married in the husbands home country! Is there nothing the moderators can do about false information??

The information is indeed wrong.

The information is indeed wrong.

thank you very much Mario