Phuket camera grabbers quickly caught

webfact

Phuket camera grabbers quickly caught
Eakkapop Thongtub

1379491041_1.jpg
Smile! Rosemary Kaberra gets her stolen camera back.

PHUKET: -- Swift action by Karon police resulted in the arrest of two teenage snatch-and-run artists and the return of the expensive Nikon camera they had grabbed from a Brazilian tourist less than 48 hours earlier.

Rosemary Maria Kaberra reported on Monday (September 16) that she had been walking along Soi Kaetkwan in Karon at about 2 am when the duo came alongside on a motorbike and snatched the camera from her shoulder.

She was unable to give police the make or number of the bike, so they checked security cameras around the area.

Just over a day later, acting on what they saw in the camera footage, officers arrested a 22-year-old Thai man, Kanin Kongchana and a Burmese teenager who cannot be named because he is under 18 years of age.

They also recovered the stolen camera and seized a Yamaha Fino motorbike used in the robbery.

Both confessed to the theft and were taken to Karon Police Station where they were booked on a charge of robbery while using motorised transport.

Pol Maj Gen Choti Chavalviwat, Commander of Phuket Provincial Police, praised to Karon officers for their swift action.

The camera was returned to the delighted tourist, who also said how impressed she was with the efficiency of the police and how grateful she was to get her Nikon back.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-camera-grabbers-quickly-caught-41963.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-09-18

• Like 1

Well done to the police. Hope we hear many more stories like this in future. Phuket is getting safer.

I think to say that Phuket is getting safer after one camera is returned but people are still getting robbed, stabbed , falling/pushed from balconies and ripped off by tuk-tuk drivers and cabbies - one returned camera hardly makes Phuket safe.

• Like 1

Well done to the police. Hope we hear many more stories like this in future. Phuket is getting safer.

I think to say that Phuket is getting safer after one camera is returned but people are still getting robbed, stabbed , falling/pushed from balconies and ripped off by tuk-tuk drivers and cabbies - one returned camera hardly makes Phuket safe.

smile.png Don't forget smile.pngthumbsup.gif

I hope that is true, but I seriously doubt it ...

Are you actually so cynical that you believe this entire story was made up and is not true? Sounds to me like you actually "hope" the story's not true.

She could be a Thai lady and the whole story is just a PR stunt for the police.

That makes more sense...

Believing that those punks actually didnt sell it and had hold of that camera for those few days, doesnt make sense!

If what you say is true, then what "punks" are you talking about?