British man rescued from Si Saket forest

webfact

Couldn't make it up....Great that he's fine, but you'd be hard pushed to find a person who read the original story that didn't think he'd been 'offed' by the GF and accomplices due to their late reporting of the car going missing.

A lesson perhaps for our own cynicism and also that, in Thailand, nothing is ever logical or as straightforward as it appears....

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully it is just alittle dementia and a few pills will lessen the symptoms. I really hope he was not running away because he was scared of his wife and her friends, because if he was he is going to go right back to the lions den when they release him from the hospital.

Do you have any reason, information, whatever, to say that?

I was just talking to the tourist police guy from Ubon. ( Sisaket belongs to Ubon as well) and I'd like to find out if anybody knows this guy? I can't go and talk to him before Saturday, as I'm not in Sisaket right now.

There're some issues I won't discuss on TVF. Please contact me if you know him. Thanks.-wai2.gif .

Couldn't make it up....Great that he's fine, but you'd be hard pushed to find a person who read the original story that didn't think he'd been 'offed' by the GF and accomplices due to their late reporting of the car going missing.

A lesson perhaps for our own cynicism and also that, in Thailand, nothing is ever logical or as straightforward as it appears....

On both items you make very big assumptions.

Edited by scorecard

I was just talking to the tourist police guy from Ubon. ( Sisaket belongs to Ubon as well) and I'd like to find out if anybody knows this guy? I can't go and talk to him before Saturday, as I'm not in Sisaket right now.

There're some issues I won't discuss on TVF. Please contact me if you know him. Thanks.-wai2.gif .

As you know this man can you at least shed some light on how old his wife is and how long they have been together?

It can't have been much if a search party if he was only 3-4km from the car and it took a passing fisherman to hear him...

Let this be a lesson to you all!!

3-4km is a long, long way.

I promise you that no one can see you if you are just a few metres from the trail.

If you have been lost in the forest just once, you'll not forget it. Happened to me this year when trekking with a buddy and that made for a long and hard day's hike. Fortunately we are both level headed types which is why things dodn't get worse.

If you don't believe me, try it. You might regret it, but you wont forget it ^^

• Like 1

Glad the man was found and wish him a speedy recovery. thumbsup.gif

I was going to say it won't be long before the conspiracy theorists begin suggesting his wife is the culprit, but I am too late.

And I noticed one of the mods removed a post because it contained "unsubstantiated speculation". Some of you guys may as well pack up your computers now and go look for another hobby ! cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by mikemac

As you know this man can you at least shed some light on how old his wife is and how long they have been together?

I do NOT know this man yet. Nor do I understand why it would be in your interest to know how long they've been together.

I'm just trying to help him, as a promise to my friend from the tourist police.If you're looking for a wife, try Thailoveblabla.....-wai2.gif

• Like 1

I do NOT know this man yet. Nor do I understand why it would be in your interest to know how long they've been together.

I'm just trying to help him, as a promise to my friend from the tourist police.If you're looking for a wife, try Thailoveblabla.....-wai2.gif

Good one. Not looking for a wife. I just thought you might know some real facts rather than what we have to glean from the shoddy reporting from the papers. Nothing else and no conspiracy theory in mind. I'm glad the guy was found and hope he gets proper care. After all at this age we deserve it.

Edited by Pimay1

seems that they got the reports mixed up, yeaterday it was he had been missing for a week today it is since the 14th, still have to wonder why the wife never reported it to the police. No matter what anyone says it is still very suss that she was not concerned about him, especially given his mental state but if she had access to his bank account who cares..

...there is still something 'not right' in all of this..

...wasn't the initial report 7 or 8 days....???

...and if he has this condition, why would he be allowed to drive anywhere alone....

....I would guess....he is of no more use to his wife....(no disrespect intended towards him)....some of us have experienced that predicament already.....

Hopefully it is just alittle dementia and a few pills will lessen the symptoms. I really hope he was not running away because he was scared of his wife and her friends, because if he was he is going to go right back to the lions den when they release him from the hospital.

A few pills can not deal with dementia, taking certain pills continuously might or might not be effective because dementia / Alzheimer is caused after people get aged, some are lucky, some are not.

Due to his mental problems he is obviously no longer able to assess matters and activities clearly, hence his strange departure from home into the forest, leaving his car in a heavy bog and then disappears into the forest, and then crying for rescue.

Due to all of this he needs someone to look after him, his wife does not appear to do it, so he must find someone else, lets hope he will find someone.

• Like 2

Happy ending for that guy ..... poor man !!! but I still dont understand why the wife has waited so long to inform the police ... anyway the essential is that he is alive .... Thanks to the rescuers.

Because this isn't Europe. People don't go to the police automatically as their first choice with problems here. They try to sort out themselves first. The report says she was looking for him with neighbours, friends etc. Also this report says missing since 14th. Thais have a different sense of urgency to Westerners concerning most things.

Says something about the Mai Pen Rai attitude hey, he was missing and now we find he has mental health issues and suffers from blackouts when stressed..

Anyway at least he's been found and is safe..(for now at least)..

"Mr. Walton′s wife said he had a mental disability and tends to "black out" when he is stressed. "Sometimes he does things without being aware of it," his wife said."

A I missing something here? How can it be that Mr. Walton is not under permanent supervision and how can any person who knows and (loves?) him allow this guy to drive a F$#$ng car, respectively allow him to participate in any activity that would not only put him, but countless other people in danger as well?

Would be great to know if the police had this "Mr. Walton′s wife said he had a mental disability and tends to "black out" when he is stressed. "Sometimes he does things without being aware of it," his wife said." information as well when he was reported missing.

Un-f####ng believeable...

...there is still something 'not right' in all of this..

...wasn't the initial report 7 or 8 days....???

...and if he has this condition, why would he be allowed to drive anywhere alone....

....I would guess....he is of no more use to his wife....(no disrespect intended towards him)....some of us have experienced that predicament already.....

7-8 days. And if you read the report about the car again, it was the police who went to her when the car was found. She infact reported nothing. :blink: