Bank Of China Thai gold account

Mccw; translator? Ok - will do that - I send the bill to you? Presume you also want it certified by embassy, foreign ministry and a holy spirit? smile.png From opening accounts elsewhere I expect at least 10 closely written pages of stuff - probably more.

Yeah - it's spooky stuff indeed. I could not find there either (planned to use google translate to get me more info) Imagine a homepage not updated with correct info...and then in Thailand....wink.png Maybe that Sathorn Branch is all fake too?

I did get a flyer from them (all in Thai) at last visit. That and the banner(s) are so far the only marketing I have seen for this account.

The flyer DOES however stipulate their hotline: 02 663 9333. Give them a buzz and ask about "ICBC (Thai) Gold Savings".

Cheers!

ICBC = Industrial and Commercial Bank of China not "Bank of China" as you mentioned before!

and here's the beef fine print. no such thing like 2.7% interest on top of the gold holdings!

note: when something sounds too good to be true, it most probably is tongue.png

http://www.icbc.com.cn/ICBC/Personal%20Banking/Investment%20and%20Financing/Gold%20Expert%20Personal%20Account%20Gold%20Trading/

gold case closed. a stern warning to witness Firefan that frivolous claims generating hyper-salivating TV-members is a punishable misdemeanour!

Bailiff... next.

and don't you dare to come up with plaintiffs whining about ATM charges!

L-dog%20very%20cut%20small.jpg

Yes Naam, I meant ICBC - my mistake. Meanwhile the link you send is to China based ICBC with their gold options. I found that too in my search and agree those accounts are gold TRADING accounts with no interest and instead storage and trading costs. That is NOT the same as the Thai Gold SAVINGS account.

I will investigate further; but feel free to call the hotline to prove me wrong! :)

Wonder what their ATM charges are....? ;)

Cheers!

Fire fan.

A translator costs what ? A few hundred bht. I'd think you might potentially loose a lot more than that if you have no idea what your signing! How can you sign a contract and hand money over without knowing what your signing? Up to u man. Personally I'd not be giving my money to Chinese or any other bank or biz with our checking all terms, conditions, fees etc first. Chock dee

• 6 months later...