Phuket motorbike driver with axe to grind arrested

webfact

Phuket motorbike driver with axe to grind arrested
Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- A friendly argument took a serious turn yesterday morning when a Patong motorbike taxi driver took out an axe and struck a colleague twice, sending him to the hospital.

When police arrived at the motorbike taxi queue in Soi Kebsap (map here) just before 10am, they found only a pool of blood, said Maj Jakkrapong Luang-aon of Patong Police.

Sompong Pukanka, 41, had already been taken to the hospital with axe wounds to his head and foot. His attacker had fled.

“We learned the suspect is Saroj Chaiyasit, 34,” Maj Jakkrapong said. “We tracked him to the beach road and arrested him.”

“They were joking at first, but then started arguing. We don’t know what about,” he said.

Police are waiting for Mr Sompong to recover, then will call him in for questioning.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Phuket-motorbike-driver-with-axe-to-grind-arrested-22276.html

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-09-19

Sounds like the common Thai way to me.

Having been here a decade I wouldn't put it past any Thai.

For example if they perceive that someone they perceive as lower than them instructs them to do something, criticizes them, tries to offer advise, or doesn't give way to them in some manner, if there was an axe on hand it could likely be used, as they may very explode.

Thai culture of face, delicate ego, and deep psychological inferiority complex.

Your bigoted and biased comment really does not deserve a response, but I have nothing more important to do at the moment.

Seems you have made up your mind that it is ok to spend the last 10 years surrounded by potential axe murderers. You really are not too fussy about where you live, are you ? Must be terrible to be holed up in your condo or house waiting for a tap on the door.

Whatever you do, do not speak to any Thai, or even make eye contact, you may well provoke an axe attack. And with a pathetic attitude like yours, it won't be far away.

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like the common Thai way to me.

Having been here a decade I wouldn't put it past any Thai.

For example if they perceive that someone they perceive as lower than them instructs them to do something, criticizes them, tries to offer advise, or doesn't give way to them in some manner, if there was an axe on hand it could likely be used, as they may very explode.

Thai culture of face, delicate ego, and deep psychological inferiority complex.

Your bigoted and biased comment really does not deserve a response, but I have nothing more important to do at the moment.

Seems you have made up your mind that it is ok to spend the last 10 years surrounded by potential axe murderers. You really are not too fussy about where you live, are you ? Must be terrible to be holed up in your condo or house waiting for a tap on the door.

Whatever you do, do not speak to any Thai, or even make eye contact, you may well provoke an axe attack. And with a pathetic attitude like yours, it won't be far away.

But he is right.

Yes I agree he IS right. Maybe the second commentor does not read the many stories of this kind of behavior ever present here at TV.