Metal Epoxy Resin

McGregor21

Hi,

Any one know where i can buy Metal Epoxy in Thailand?

Have taken a pretty big chip out of my engine casing, I went to a few places but i had no idea how to ask for this in Thai.

Thanks

All most impossible to find things like that here, I couldn't even find something as simple as rubber cement, best to order from the USA !!

I would think that any decent automotive parts store would have this. We are not the only ones to need to fix stuff like this. As for what to ask for in Thai? A picture is worth 1000 words. Just print out a few different pictures of what you want and go to a decent auto parts store. Who knows Homepro might even have it.

Loctite lists both small packet knead-able 3463 (up to 120C) and hi-temp 3479 (190C) but in larger butter-like containers. Loctite HQ is off Sukhumvit in the low hundreds on the other side of Bangna-Trat. I have bought some 480 rubberised super glue from them, have it on my desk. If the engine is water cooled the 120C small packet version maybe OK as the casing is cooled by oil and the oil will be a similar temp to the coolant.

Marine supply places also list Devcon metal epoxy in places like Rayong and Songkhla but the OP didn't say where he is!

best to order from the USA !!

I think it is presumptuous to think that Australia or UK or France doesn't have this stuff.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

Amen to that. If it wasn't raining I'd walk 500-600m to my nearest one and verify. They even had a bearing the correct size when I wanted to fix the shop vacuum cleaner!

Although in fairness it maybe more a confidence with communication problem that a supply problem. Pictures,pictures,pictures. Oh and many technical things are the same in Thai and English so Epoxy maybe Epoxy

Edited by VocalNeal

Amen to that. If it wasn't raining I'd walk 500-600m to my nearest one and verify. They even had a bearing the correct size when I wanted to fix the shop vacuum cleaner!

Although in fairness it maybe more a confidence with communication problem that a supply problem. Pictures,pictures,pictures. Oh and many technical things are the same in Thai and English so Epoxy maybe Epoxy

That's right! Just say Eeeeee-pock-seee (high tone on the end) really slowly and you'll get what you want!