"A voyage around my brother"

"Gullibles travels"

"A dummy's guide to luxury travel"

"20,000 leagues under the average IQ"

My preference however is

"The hermit crab"

hi-so shopping for dummies vol. 1

Suranand: PM’s overseas trips necessary

BANGKOK, 20 September 2013 (NNT) – PM's Secretary-General Suranand Vejjajiva has assured the public that Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra's frequent trips abroad are necessary and that documents detailing her accomplishments will be distributed no later than early next month.

According to the Secretary-General to the Prime Minister, Miss Yingluck's overseas trips have been aimed at boosting confidence in the nation's political and economic stability, as well as enhancing bilateral relations and strengthening business partnership. He said the money spent on each visit should not be a cause for concern as it could not compare to the great benefits the country stands to reap in the future, adding that her missions and accomplishments will be compiled and distributed to the public either late this month or early next month.

The secretary also brushed aside claims that the government had spent 40-50 million baht for the Premier’s trips to the United Nations Human Rights Council to attend the meeting, Switzerland, Italy, and Montenegro.

Mr. Suranand also reiterated that Miss Yingluck’s visits enabled the world to understand Thailand better in terms of national security and political situation; in addition, each visit was to assure world leaders of Thailand’s stance on and commitment to a democratic system.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-09-20 footer_n.gif

First, a number of Thai businesses were given the opportunity in expanding their businesses. Second, the trips restored the country’s tarnished image, following the 2006 coup d’etat.

Number 3, someone got to do a LOT of travelling AND shopping, and number 4, someone hasn't been around to run the country or answer question for which she doesn't know the answers, which is the most important part.

That information will be in the appendix due out in 2050.

Anyone got the stats for leaders of countries and the amount of trips abroad they make?

Seems to me that she spends more time OUT of the country than she does in it. Mind you, that's probably not a bad thing.

The book title will be "Yingluck does Montenegro" ... (think "Debbie does Dallas") lol

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra ranks third among globe-trotting world figures for foreign trips according to

Sen Somchai, who sits on the Senate committee on foreign affairs. He said Ms Yingluck ranked No.3 among world leaders travelling abroad, after US President Barak Obama and former US president George W Bush. She ought to have many nice pics from her trips. Most will include her staged smile while she displays the v sign Thais love for inclusion on her facebook page.

I did read that her trips were a one two double blow as big bro set things up for her to mosey on in to town and sign a bunch of investment deals. However, whatever the truth in that one, it sure keeps her out of harms way leaving better brawlers to deal with the gutter politics game. It also winds her opponents up something chronic in to a frenzy where the make ill thought out comments that play politically into PT hands. Every attack on her has backfired against the perpetrator keeping Yingluck's popularity high up among the never polled regions and making sure PT are miles ahead of the Dems if it comes to an election. Plus lets be honest old Abhisit who never wins elections was pretty well hidden away and unseen when the army were all over the streets of Bangkok apparently controlled by him ( I see even Giles has defended Abhisit from the accusation of having ordered the army to do anything by saying quite simply Abhisit lacked the power to even think of doing such a thing and considering his quote to the western journo hounded out by dodgy doctoral degree man's law suits it is likely he is only a lacky for all vested interests). Now Yingluck I would say has far more power than that.

• 3 weeks later...

What this book will not tell you is how badly organised these trips are.

Last minute changes to schedules

No proper planning

Groundwork for meetings and agreements not coordinated.

An example was the last trip to Switzerland, Italy and Montenegro.

Along for the ride were the Science Minister, Preepan, and others.

the schedule was supposed to include a visit to France in the Friday by the Thai Science minister and the French Science Minister cancelled other meetings so that he could meet his Thai counterpart.

It was not until late Thursday that the French minister was informed that the science minister had to go to Montenegro with Yingluck and so would not be arriving at all.

The French were very p***ed at this.

On the agenda was a discussion for France to sponsor a set of science scholarships - probably will not now happen.

I hope the increased trade from Montenegro makes up for this.

Apparently, there are millions of copies of the benefits already printed and available in office supply shops.

The only benefit is that they can be reused as photo copy paper.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app