Bangkok: Prominent businessman Chaikiri Srifuengfung commits suicide

webfact

I knew him and he was the kindest, most generous person I have ever met. He was down to earth, approachable, friendly and practiced what he preached. He always tried to make the world a better place for future generations. He was completely selfless in his quest of sharing what was good. I was shocked to hear the news, absolutely devastated. What a loss. He was one of the greats and I wish that he didn't feel the need to do this, he shared so much happiness. I'd hate for anyone to say any less about him. I will never forget his wise words and what I learnt from watching him. Family, education, success.

There is a Chinese saying: Good flower seldom blossom, good people seldom live long.

I know it is sad.

He may be a good person, but his father was a know to be ruthless business tycoon, who monopolized Thailand's glass industry for half a century. Rumor that his father bribed the government to ensure that high tax tariff was imposed on imports (to protect his margin), plus preventing others from invest (limit the glass factory license) in the glass industry until Guardian (of USA) finally broke the monopoly a few years ago.

I knew him and he was the kindest, most generous person I have ever met. He was down to earth, approachable, friendly and practiced what he preached. He always tried to make the world a better place for future generations. He was completely selfless in his quest of sharing what was good. I was shocked to hear the news, absolutely devastated. What a loss. He was one of the greats and I wish that he didn't feel the need to do this, he shared so much happiness. I'd hate for anyone to say any less about him. I will never forget his wise words and what I learnt from watching him. Family, education, success.

Extremely well said. I too knew him and couldn't have put it better. I'm going to Wat That Thong on Monday and have printed a copy of your quote to give to the family. Thank you.

My grandmother is a srifuengfung - hopefully I'll see you there?

Arrived around 11 ish and stayed for about 1 hour. Looked to be over 300 individual flower wreaths. Very moving. Paid our respects and left feeling very sad. I left a copy of your quote in a Horseshoe Point envelope marked for "The Srifuengfung Family" in a bowl on a side table. Our thoughts are with you. Very best wishes.

He and his family....down to earth? Really? I knew him and his family especially his kids....and I beg to differ. Were you their employee?

Not ure bot the man , but worst service ever at the hotel. Real shame, too gorgeous property but mismanaged through and through - was gonna do a trip Advisor on it , a real comedy of mai pen rai Oh well

Edited by MacChine

Not that unusual that the hoity-toity of inherited wealth succumb in such a manner to stress. I never met the man, nor any of his peers, as I hang with rice farmers who endure one calamity after another and somehow just keep on trucking. As Janis sang it; "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose."

• Like 1

Ray, thank you so much for doing that. I am so touched and honored. Even before his death I always wondered how I could thank him and after the news I felt that it was too late. Thanks to your wonderful gesture I can rest a little easier. Do you know if his remains will be brought to the Three Kingdoms Park?

Extremely well said. I too knew him and couldn't have put it better. I'm going to Wat That Thong on Monday and have printed a copy of your quote to give to the family. Thank you.