Re entry permit - Need to arrive at CM immigration early?

maanoi

On Wednesday I arrived for a re-entry permit at 1pm. I received my queue ticket and was shocked to see that I could go straight to the counter. There the official was very chatty and smiling. I was out inside of 15 minutes in a total state of shock. The week before I waited an hour and a half for an online booking for my business visa renewal whilst 'agents' with no queue ticket or online appointment went ahead of me. I guess it's just a lottery.

As Brother Frank James says, a visit later in the day could work quite well, but I do hope that you'll visit and add knowledgeably to this thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/652816-visiting-the-chiang-mai-immigration-office/page-3?hl=%2Bvisiting+%2Bchiang+%2Bmai+%2Bimmigration#entry6814361

I hope that this thread is updated frequently. There is such confusion of so many threads with such specific questions.

Seems to me we've outlived at least one pinned thread on 90-day business.

Edited by Mapguy

Even quicker if you do it at the airport before you fly out....

To add to that, and what I think VIBE meant, is that you can just do it at the airport on the way out. It's quick and easy as there is often no one there. CM has to be your point of disembarkation though.

To add to that, and what I think VIBE meant, is that you can just do it at the airport on the way out.  It's quick and easy as there is often no one there.  CM has to be your point of disembarkation though.

Yeh im flying to phuket first for a couple days then onto singapore so i guess i cant do it at the airport

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

To add to that, and what I think VIBE meant, is that you can just do it at the airport on the way out. It's quick and easy as there is often no one there. CM has to be your point of disembarkation though.
Yeh im flying to phuket first for a couple days then onto singapore so i guess i cant do it at the airport

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I've never tried it in Phuket but I assume you can do it there as well. Can anyone confirm that?