What exterior eye candy mods have you done to your bike (if any?)

Beardog

Have you done any eye candy exterior mods to your BIKE?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have a 2011 Kawasaki KSR and have done the following :

Scott Grips

SP Takegawa Fork Adjusters

Bride Seat

Kitaco LED Blinkers

Daytona BSC Mirrors

Pro Taper SE Bars

Dunlop 'Moto GP' Tires

YSS Rear shock

AC+ Rear Tail Light / Number Plate bracket

Tsukigi Exhaust System

Daiichi Rims

Kawasaki Team Green Graphics

SP Takegawa Oil Drain Bolt

SP Takegawa Foot Pegs

Faito Japan Lead & Coil

Bikers Levers

Bikers Oil Cap

Bikers Front Sprocket Cover

Bikers Bar Clap Set

Bikers Front & Rear Brake fluid Caps

Kawasaki Rear Foot Pegs

SP Takegawa Fuel Cap

Sp Takegawa Clutch Kit

Still need to get a SP Takegawa 138cc bore up kit for it, but spend most of my money and time on my KE~70 Corolla.

I wouldn't bother doing anything to a scooter if I had one except practical things like suspension,mirrors & grips.

Nice bike which you like, some people like scooters and do more to them than you have done to your bike, what an interesting world we live in!!

Yeah for sure. I am down with any style of motorbike / scooter that you can see someone is keen on & have changed things the way they want.

Edited by JedSmith

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!

I thought beauty was in the eye of the beer holder ;)

I've a Ducati Carbon Red 2011

Termi exhaust

Ducati Smoked screen

Ducati Grips

Ducati frame plugs

Ducati Carbon Belly Pan

Ducati Carbon Hugger

Carbon Air Tubes

Carbon Instrument Cover

Carbon Chain Cover

AMG style seat

Tail Tidy

Rizoma Oil Pump Cover

Rizoma Water Pump Cover

Rizoma Fluid caps

Rizoma Mirrors

Rizoma Adjustable Levers

Rear Ohlin still to be fitted

post-95277-0-18864100-1379832573_thumb.j

post-95277-0-99266900-1379832581_thumb.j

post-95277-0-96998600-1379832601_thumb.j

post-95277-0-36465000-1379832619_thumb.j

• Like 2

When you do those changes it's just for you trying to get your money back good luck

Mods on a bike have absolutely zero about getting money back. If you don't have a decent bike to start with why bother. I don't think I would do too much on a scooter. Mods for your ride are more a statement of personal preference on how you want your ride to look feel & handle. I never spent more than a customizing a seat & yss shocks on my scooters. But most bigger bikes you know you are going to spend 20-80,000 on mods to make it your pride & joy. Not all things are about money. I have an engine that I paid $200,000 at an auction for breast cancer that is a Jack Roush motor that Mark Martin won in the NASCAR Winston Cup in 1997 at Sears Point where I race. I was there at this race.

Will I ever get my money back..Probably not but I didn't get it for making money. It is my Baby & well worth every hard earned cent I paid for it!

I don't understand your quote, "if you don't have a decent bike why bother" what is a decent bike? to some it is what they can afford, mods have nothing to do with getting money back it is a hobby and something people do to make something there's in a style that suits them, mods can be extreme, have you seen some of the big scooters, here are a few examples for you, too extreme for me but I can appreciate the effort that has been put into bikes like this.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1379821143.480450.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1379821152.509552.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1379821163.642049.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1379821173.193422.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1379821182.089863.jpg

I don't think "show" bikes really count, in this post. The bikes in your pix could next be ridden on any road.

Aside from a Thundermax EFI, Vance and Hines Straight pipes, highway pegs, saddle bags, and smaller indicator lights; look up any picture of a black 2010 Street Bob and you have a picture of my bike. I prefer a go bike, not a show bike. As the old saying goes, "chrome don't get you home"!

• Like 1

Aside from a Thundermax EFI, Vance and Hines Straight pipes, highway pegs, saddle bags, and smaller indicator lights; look up any picture of a black 2010 Street Bob and you have a picture of my bike. I prefer a go bike, not a show bike. As the old saying goes, "chrome don't get you home"!

As that is a saying and not actually true chrome can and does get bikes home that has it!

I thought beauty was in the eye of the beer holder ;)

Termi exhaust

Ducati Smoked screen

Ducati Grips

Ducati frame plugs

Ducati Carbon Belly Pan

Ducati Carbon Hugger

Carbon Air Tubes

Carbon Instrument Cover

Carbon Chain Cover

AMG style seat

Tail Tidy

Rizoma Oil Pump Cover

Rizoma Water Pump Cover

Rizoma Fluid caps

Rizoma Mirrors

Rizoma Adjustable Levers

In my opinion the exhaust can make or break a bike, yours is superb!!

I can't imagine what mods I could possibly do to my bike to make it look better than it already looks.

I have done mods of course but only for practical reasons. Fly screen keeps my cockpit clean, GPS tells me where I am, carrier frame and givi box for carrying my bits, 12v socket for charging the battery, leather seats for riding comfort. What more could I want?

post-111239-0-60785600-1379835869_thumb.

I still want to change my wheels and add rear-sets and a quick-shifter, and I haven't finished programming my ECU- I'm also thinking about a suspension upgrade- there will always be something I'll want to change or improve- to me, that's part of the fun of owning a bike (though I can understand leaving it stock as well).

The first pic isn't my actual bike (though it's the same color in the right light), but it's what I started with.

tgyb.jpg

zatx.jpg

I can't imagine what mods I could possibly do to my bike to make it look better than it already looks.

I have done mods of course but only for practical reasons. Fly screen keeps my cockpit clean, GPS tells me where I am, carrier frame and givi box for carrying my bits, 12v socket for charging the battery, leather seats for riding comfort. What more could I want?

Yes, at the end of the day the one thing that made a difference was the box,

and in my case, since i drive 2 km per month, a solar charger to keep battery up to snuff

i kinda addicted to transform every of my bikes to something unique.

ER6N

- Akrapovic exhaust

- Frame sliders

- Rizoma handle bar + grips + bar ends

- J2K Studio mirrors

- YSS Shock

- Tiny tail

- Radiator cover

S4R

- Termignoni shorty

- Rizoma clutch cover + pressure plate

- Rizoma Fluid tanks

- Rizoma grips

- Oehlins forks

- Radial brembo calipers

- Anti slipper clutch

- Wilbers rear shock

- Bar end mirrors

- Light aluminum fly wheel

- Foot pegs

- many carbon + aluminum parts

currently iam working on a R6....

P1000853.jpg

dsc0636z.jpg

When you do those changes it's just for you trying to get your money back good luck

Mods on a bike have absolutely zero about getting money back. If you don't have a decent bike to start with why bother. I don't think I would do too much on a scooter. Mods for your ride are more a statement of personal preference on how you want your ride to look feel & handle. I never spent more than a customizing a seat & yss shocks on my scooters. But most bigger bikes you know you are going to spend 20-80,000 on mods to make it your pride & joy. Not all things are about money. I have an engine that I paid $200,000 at an auction for breast cancer that is a Jack Roush motor that Mark Martin won in the NASCAR Winston Cup in 1997 at Sears Point where I race. I was there at this race.

Will I ever get my money back..Probably not but I didn't get it for making money. It is my Baby & well worth every hard earned cent I paid for it!

I don't understand your quote, "if you don't have a decent bike why bother" what is a decent bike? to some it is what they can afford, mods have nothing to do with getting money back it is a hobby and something people do to make something there's in a style that suits them, mods can be extreme, have you seen some of the big scooters, here are a few examples for you, too extreme for me but I can appreciate the effort that has been put into bikes like this.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1379821143.480450.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1379821152.509552.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1379821163.642049.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1379821173.193422.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1379821182.089863.jpg

Now those look worthy I was talking about a fino wave or Yamaha Nuovo. The riders on this site are usually modding bigger bikes 500 & up. But I built a minibike for a kings ransom when I was younger & no bike in Wisconsin came even close to the custom look or the HP it put out. Don't get me wrong for me I have grown out of customising scooters unless it is someone else's ride & I get paid to build a custom accordingly- but a small 110-125 is just To Me throwing out money I could spend on a 650 or up bike. I could easily spend 100,000 baht plus modding a small scooter & at the end of the day it isn't worth much more than what you paid for it. And the best I can do with an 8hp motor is maybe 23-16 hp. when it's done so it just doesn't juke me. But mods are cool on any bike & nice to look at tricked out rides. Now that being said there are some pretty nice mods for PCX models & your bike looks great. Your bike is also not the low end Honda either!

Edited by Beardog

I've got a cbr250r and so far done;

Pirelli Diablo Rosso II front and rear

Carbon front and rear fenders

Tyga front preload adjusters

Tyga maggot full exhaust system

Bazzaz fuel injection controller

Rear sprocket change to aluminium and larger size

Fender eliminator rear

K&n high flow air filter

Small LED indicators

More to come. Will post pics later.

I thought beauty was in the eye of the beer holder wink.png

Termi exhaust

Ducati Smoked screen

Ducati Grips

Ducati frame plugs

Ducati Carbon Belly Pan

Ducati Carbon Hugger

Carbon Air Tubes

Carbon Instrument Cover

Carbon Chain Cover

AMG style seat

Tail Tidy

Rizoma Oil Pump Cover

Rizoma Water Pump Cover

Rizoma Fluid caps

Rizoma Mirrors

Rizoma Adjustable Levers

man back in the uk at the moment and keep meeting one of these things on my morning commute,first time i met it at traffic lights didnt have a clue what it was,by the time i was hitting the rev limit in first gear on my 600 hornet it was about 8 bike lenghts clear of me ,beast of a bike with an 8 inch rear tyre....

I've not added any mods as such but I bought a few packets of MOGLO Hi Vis reflective stickers to my black Kawasaki 250 D-Tracker & also my black Caberg flip front helmet, the stickers are black so you cant see them until you shine light on them, you certainly need them while riding at night in Thailand, I've also bought a pair of twin snail horns to replace the standard horn on my return to Thailand in a weeks time, im not saying that any of these will save my life but they will certainly help! smile.png

post-44026-0-42474000-1379861085_thumb.j

post-44026-0-00643000-1379861127_thumb.j

I'm probably gonna buy an MSX-125 next month, and if I do I'm gonna mod the crap out of it just for fun (and it will be nice not to have to import my accessories for a change).;)

Might be looking at a KTM 690 SMC for myself in the next year :D

Sent using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

PCX 150: Only YSS XL shocks and a net for the seat and that's it.

Don't want to waste money on "eye candy" mods, what's the point, it's still only a PCX.

A shop in soi bakhao in pattaya have one for sale for 300k baht, <deleted>, that is kawa en6 money, I know which one I prefer.

Why should it matter what bike you have, people add accessories because that's what they want to do, so what if its just a PCX it's the persons PCX he should be able to do what he likes to it, it's his money, up to them! I add lots if extras even knowing its all lost money, what makes you happy cant be bad! we have a shop here that sells modified PCX's big money, there's obviously a market for this so good luck to them! attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1379804192.917360.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1379804210.564729.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1379804223.301724.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1379804250.894226.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1379804272.178301.jpg

A few of my mods so far on my Forza, waiting for the Aparpovic to arrive, waiting for the big brake disc to arrive, my friends little boy loves the spinner so will get it for him, all lost money when the time comes to sell but I am a modifier who adds things purely for my own satisfaction!

I own a PCX in Thailand and recent addition here in Canada was a SilverWing Honda...a PCX on steriods..yes 600cc and very fast 0-90 mph in 8 seconds...I am interested in upgrade my PCX to a Forza, can you give me some feed back on performance and handlling in traffic...your experience on this new bike Forza..appreciate it Rotor Ron...Canada-Thailand

As that is a saying and not actually true chrome can and does get bikes home that has it!

Please give an example of that actuallity--where the chrome on your bike got you home