What exterior eye candy mods have you done to your bike (if any?)

Beardog

Have you done any eye candy exterior mods to your BIKE?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

honda wave 125x, cbr150, cbr250r, and cbr500r, all modified inside and outside.

I love to mod my bikes. I feel like they do not belong to me if i do not mod them and yes, i lost 1000s of bucks bc of mods still, i will do again and again.

for honda wave 125x:

modified pipe, valves from sonic and also piston as well, carb mods etc bike runs well, no battery though:)

for cbr150:

pro arm, ecu, k&n air filter, modified stock pipe, yss gas shocks, upside down forks, brake dics, levers and all cosmetics like custom rear seat cover. spent a lot on this bike, more that the bike itself!

It was a fast small bike, still in my garden, hope to find time to repair it - cams are screwed as always. also there were some engine mods like a better piston and cylinder work and it was 160 cc after that if i dont remember wrong now.

for cbr250r:

api tech ecu, dna airfilter, dan moto pipe - burned - , bikers cosmetic stuff like levers, sliders, rearset and rear pegs, shock stabilizer, brake caliper protector and may more. spent a lot again like half teh price i paid for the bike - 88 k i paid for it -

post-184955-0-64162700-1379918581_thumb.

post-184955-0-85407200-1379918582.jpg

post-184955-0-97905500-1379918587_thumb.

post-184955-0-11073100-1379918591_thumb.

post-184955-0-36355700-1379918594_thumb.

post-184955-0-84558400-1379918596_thumb.

post-184955-0-17503500-1379918661_thumb.

post-184955-0-74737000-1379918663_thumb.

post-184955-0-00765000-1379918668_thumb.

post-184955-0-05286900-1379918671_thumb.

post-184955-0-17211300-1379918693_thumb.

Edited by ll2
  • Like 1

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

continued from my last post:

for cbr500r:

rear pegs, levers, brake protector, master triple clamp nut, bluekraft pipe, carbon look front fender, rear hugger - custom -, taller windscreen and more cosmetic stuff etc. more might come but prospect cbr650 puts me off a bit on more mods now.

i like modding my bikes!

post-184955-0-17653400-1379920527_thumb.

post-184955-0-72248300-1379920539_thumb.

post-184955-0-64686400-1379920546_thumb.

post-184955-0-65472400-1379920554_thumb.

post-184955-0-78716600-1379920591_thumb.

post-184955-0-41145700-1379920600_thumb.

post-184955-0-25034900-1379920605_thumb.

post-184955-0-19335800-1379920606_thumb.

post-184955-0-33396000-1379920607_thumb.

post-184955-0-65775700-1379920608_thumb.

honda wave 125x, cbr150, cbr250r, and cbr500r, all modified inside and outside.

I love to mod my bikes. I feel like they do not belong to me if i do not mod them and yes, i lost 1000s of bucks bc of mods still, i will do again and again.

for honda wave 125x:

modified pipe, valves from sonic and also piston as well, carb mods etc bike runs well, no battery though:)

for cbr150:

pro arm, ecu, k&n air filter, modified stock pipe, yss gas shocks, upside down forks, brake dics, levers and all cosmetics like custom rear seat cover. spent a lot on this bike, more that the bike itself!

It was a fast small bike, still in my garden, hope to find time to repair it - cams are screwed as always. also there were some engine mods like a better piston and cylinder work and it was 160 cc after that if i dont remember wrong now.

for cbr250r:

api tech ecu, dna airfilter, dan moto pipe - burned - , bikers cosmetic stuff like levers, sliders, rearset and rear pegs, shock stabilizer, brake caliper protector and may more. spent a lot again like half teh price i paid for the bike - 88 k i paid for it -

Nice collection of bikes

I peeled the stickers off of my Wave 110i...looks a lot better.

(Off topic but I've averaged 64 km/l on 91 gasohol. Little wonder this is the best selling vehicle in the world !! )

Edited by metisdead
Font reset to default forum font.

PCX for Saigon added rear seat padding with grab bar. Chrome crash bars along the side then gel coated the whole bike for less than $20 after 12 mths will replace the gel. Paintwork under neath looks brand new.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-155105-13800424672083_thumb.jpg

Peeled all the stickers, bar the silver "S" on the front, off my 7 year old Suzuki Best 125 and have gaffered a lot of the bodywork back together again to extend its useful mileage. Now I am a family man my wife won't ride the bike with me (good logic, only 1 of us dies in an accident) so that has sped things up a lot!

Aside from a Thundermax EFI, Vance and Hines Straight pipes, highway pegs, saddle bags, and smaller indicator lights; look up any picture of a black 2010 Street Bob and you have a picture of my bike. I prefer a go bike, not a show bike. As the old saying goes, "chrome don't get you home"!

As that is a saying and not actually true chrome can and does get bikes home that has it!
Please give an example of that actuallity--where the chrome on your bike got you home

Please give me an example where chrome did not get you home?

Aside from a Thundermax EFI, Vance and Hines Straight pipes, highway pegs, saddle bags, and smaller indicator lights; look up any picture of a black 2010 Street Bob and you have a picture of my bike. I prefer a go bike, not a show bike. As the old saying goes, "chrome don't get you home"!

As that is a saying and not actually true chrome can and does get bikes home that has it!
Please give an example of that actuallity--where the chrome on your bike got you home

I do not remember that being part of the discussion, at a loss are you? Well, I'll answer your question, how about when I walked?

• Like 1

I do not remember that being part of the discussion, at a loss are you? Well, I'll answer your question, how about when I walked?

Same here I walked as well!!

I'm a bit cramped from the pegs to the tank cutout, so I got a set of 1" lower pegs as a stop-gap until I pick up some rearsets. Very nice quality (beautiful, actually) though a bit pricey at $150 + shipping.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Those are exactly what I am looking for for my rear set! Those look very nice. I will wait till I go back to the U.S. . I have access to a CNC lathe & will make a set of 4 for the front & rear. This topic is helping me a lot in finding ways to spend money on things I didn't know existed for bikes! DOH!!!!!!

I'm a bit cramped from the pegs to the tank cutout, so I got a set of 1" lower pegs as a stop-gap until I pick up some rearsets. Very nice quality (beautiful, actually) though a bit pricey at $150 + shipping.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Pricey is a understatement! Not sure if all bikes are different but ive seen vortex rearsets on sale in the mid 3s...And a nice locally made set from rsv for 4500baht

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Pricey is a understatement! Not sure if all bikes are different but ive seen vortex rearsets on sale in the mid 3s...And a nice locally made set from rsv for 4500baht

My ABS brakes create issues with the Vortex rearsets (which I don't really like in any case)- I'm going to get a quickshifter eventually and I'll choose rearsets that will best accommodate it (probably Sato or D-Axis, which will be $500+)- there still isn't much out for the 2nd-gen 14R, but that will change eventually.

Posted Imageimage.jpg

My ABS brakes create issues with the Vortex rearsets (which I don't really like in any case)- I'm going to get a quickshifter eventually and I'll choose rearsets that will best accommodate it (probably Sato or D-Axis, which will be $500+)- there still isn't much out for the 2nd-gen 14R, but that will change eventually.

You can't go wrong with Sato's. I have them on my Ducati and the feel and precision is excellent :)

Sent using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Got a set of carbon fiber look (not real CF) mirrors off eBay for 2300bt delivered to LOS- they're OEM quality and better than I expected (I had a scratch in my stock mirror housing that really annoyed me;)):

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That looks great amazing how handy the carbon fiber stuff is!

Got a set of carbon fiber look (not real CF) mirrors off eBay for 2300bt delivered to LOS- they're OEM quality and better than I expected (I had a scratch in my stock mirror housing that really annoyed me;)):

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

It's not real CF- it just has the look- they would have been way more expensive if they were made out of carbon fiber.;)

• Like 1

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

It's not real CF- it just has the look- they would have been way more expensive if they were made out of carbon fiber.wink.png

They don't look half bad considering. :)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

It's not real CF- it just has the look- they would have been way more expensive if they were made out of carbon fiber.wink.png

Yes real carbon fiber would cost an arm & a leg for. My lower part on my bike is all carbon fiber wrap. The wrap is way handy....although I will be ditching the rear hugger & 1/2 of the front fender when I get the last of the bike repainted.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

They don't look half bad considering. :)

They look great- they were about the same price as OEM replacements- they're solid and have good weight- I was pleasantly surprised.;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...