An encounter with Mr "CANNOT"

Ubc

Where do I start

Have been a customer for years

Had some tenants in my villa

They wanted to up grade to gold so I did

Then they checked out after 2 months

So went to down grade my packed to basic as villa was empty but apparently I could not down grade for 6 months

So I had to pay for. Extra 4 months for a box that I was not even using

So it did

Then they got a separate sheet paper

Then wrote me another bill of 150 baht to down grade

By this time I had blown a fuse and called head office in front of them

The counter looked worries an suddenly did not want to give me this bill for 150 baht

Then head office explained that I have been a customer for many years and I can up grade and down grade as many times as I want free of charge

So now I was down around 6000 baht for nothing

Can even suspend the package a few times a year

So I not back down I asked about he commission for down graded

The head office said what commission

I told then the separate sheet of paper that the stAff in big c now don't want to give me as I am on the phone to you

Head office told me there is no commission fee

And guess what I did not have to pay it

Now I am angry I told head office hat I want these people sacked

Head office excuse was not to trust hem and pay in 7 11 which is safer

So I should not rust a big c sub branch

Head office said yes

So back in circles if you cannot trust your own stAff then why can't u sack them

Head office spoken oh maybe then not know there job properly

So why or sack them

They know how to make their own recepts for nothing and know how to scam people and take their money

So head office said better to pay in 7 11

So my response is to cancel all my 5 boxes

So now they can understand

Had many phone calls asking me to stay with them

I said I would only stay if they sacked those staff members

So I have cancelled all boxes money for crap

Also they decided to tell me when it is too late that is I have a platinum package then I can have a second platinum package for 400 baht

Too late

Oh if I have 3 boxes then k can have 1 free

But no I have internet tv now which is better and cheaper

So they can kiss my ....

• Like 1

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always use the counter in Tesco. (Truemove/Truevisions - next to Bangkok Bank.)

Better service, honest people and prettier girls.

I have 12 satellite systems from UBC/Truevisions. I have complained about the UBC people in Big C time and time again. Bangkok say - contact us direct.

Just an observation - they have sacked a lot of the previous staff - but the new ones seem just as bad. I have been fighting these people for over 10 years about 'Samui charges'. In the end, I ordered 6 of my systems direct from Bangkok. No local 'charges'.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1

S***t electric

I ordered a box of PVC pipe fittings 2". Paid the bill and saw they billed me "PVC 1,5". Answer: "2 inch no hab"

B***** IT

New graphic card didnt work, ordered a new one under warranty condition. Two weeks later had a call: "You can come to pick up". Went there next day and showed the voucher. Answer: "Not come yet, come back tomorrow". Of course the GC was behind her on a shelf.

I see the CRF250L and jump on board. This is more what I want, but don't really need. My wife asks about the CRF M, which the woman says is 142,000b. OK, how long will it take to order one? After about 10 minutes on the computer the sales woman says, Honda have stopped making the CRF M. Really?? They only started making them 6 months ago?? Maybe she is correct and I apologise for thinking she is useless, but I have a sneaky feeling she just couldn't find out the time to order, so decided Honda have pulled the bike.

The real truth is probably that they have switched the line over to making the CRF-L...I had the same sort of answer when I wanted my CRF-L and the line was producing the CRF-M at the time.

OK. Apologies to the saleswoman, she is not completely useless, just semi-useless. :-)

S***t electric

I ordered a box of PVC pipe fittings 2". Paid the bill and saw they billed me "PVC 1,5". Answer: "2 inch no hab"

B***** IT

New graphic card didnt work, ordered a new one under warranty condition. Two weeks later had a call: "You can come to pick up". Went there next day and showed the voucher. Answer: "Not come yet, come back tomorrow". Of course the GC was behind her on a shelf.

I had a similar incident in the bookshop in Big C. I ordered a book and went in to see if it had arrived.

Me 'Has my book arrived?'

Her 'No'

Me 'I can see it behind you.'

Her 'Not for you.'

Naturally the book was for me as I spoke to another saleswoman who confirmed it was mine.

I will add though, that one of the women in there is very helpful and switched on. She will let you search on the computer for books and will call to see if the books are in stock.

I suspect Mr. Cannot saw the bag and thought you were going to ask for a refund.

In the world of retail in Thailand, this is a deeply offensive thing to do, asking, that is, and must be immediately halted before the whole thing gets out of hand. By the way, virtually nobody ever gets a refund.

• Like 1

I see the CRF250L and jump on board. This is more what I want, but don't really need. My wife asks about the CRF M, which the woman says is 142,000b. OK, how long will it take to order one? After about 10 minutes on the computer the sales woman says, Honda have stopped making the CRF M. Really?? They only started making them 6 months ago?? Maybe she is correct and I apologise for thinking she is useless, but I have a sneaky feeling she just couldn't find out the time to order, so decided Honda have pulled the bike.

The real truth is probably that they have switched the line over to making the CRF-L...I had the same sort of answer when I wanted my CRF-L and the line was producing the CRF-M at the time.

OK. Apologies to the saleswoman, she is not completely useless, just semi-useless. :-)

I am guessing which ever model it is that they don't sell many of either, so staff may not be up to speed on slow moving models..... speak to the owner or his wife if you go back, both very helpful and speak English quiet well .... they are usually between sales room and the repair shop on left...

I always had excellent service in there! thumbsup.gif.... Going to give credit where credit is due!wink.png Not all stores are full of useless staff, some actually go above and beyond.... thumbsup.gif

I suspect Mr. Cannot saw the bag and thought you were going to ask for a refund.

In the world of retail in Thailand, this is a deeply offensive thing to do, asking, that is, and must be immediately halted before the whole thing gets out of hand. By the way, virtually nobody ever gets a refund.

I think this is a language problem , OP assumes that the people working in a computer shop knows a little bit of English . But he only know how to say Cannot .

And as Briggsy I believe he looked at the bag and was sure you were asking for a refund so the automatic answer is: cannot.

Next time bring with you someone that speaks Thai and you will get another answer.

I think this is a language problem , OP assumes that the people working in a computer shop knows a little bit of English . But he only know how to say Cannot .

And as Briggsy I believe he looked at the bag and was sure you were asking for a refund so the automatic answer is: cannot.

Next time bring with you someone that speaks Thai and you will get another answer.

i reckonn the staff person was just lazy and could not be bothered

i wounder if he even tried to find out what he wants.

i have been to places before where no one speaks thai and they all work hard to find out what i want.

just lazyness plan and simple.

What time did he go in there.

If it was working hours then there would be no need to lock the door.

SOme staff are just bad some are not.

This minimum wage is killing thailand.

Thais are wanting to work for lesss hours and for more money. see it everywhere. nightmare

• Like 1

Hi All, OP here,

I see from the many replies, that my experience is not a unique one. To show that this was not a "one off", here is another example.........

TESCO LOTUS.

I see a fridge/freezer i would like to buy.....and i call over an assistant to help.

I would like to buy this one......Can you deliver?

CANNOT!

"you can not deliver?"

CANNOT SELL!

"Why not, ........something wrong with it?" (hoping for a reduction in price if scratched etc.)

NOT HAVE! (standing right next to said fridge)

How can you not have?......Here it is! (pointing to it)

TWO WEEK!

"Ah.....I see!........."This is the last one you have?"

YES!

"So why not sell to me now?"

PEOPLE NEED TO SEE!

"OK,.....If someone see fridge on display, and wants to buy,.....What will you say?" (all together now.................)

..............CANNOT!beatdeadhorse.gif

Edited by EveryDayTheSame
  • Like 2

I too have experienced the Mr Cannot's and Miss NoHave's in various shops... thankfully these idiots are not too common in Thailand.

For the whole part Thai's are polite and try hard to assist us, but a handful of 'wrong-uns' often tarnish the reputation of the many. For that reason alone maybe other 'less polite' Westerners have tarnished the reputation of the many and also ruined it for the 'good-uns'....

As I've witnessed it: By simply walking into a shop someone will make an immediate decision regarding how helpful they want to be. This is often the case for Thai's too. Some folk simply have a terrible attitude to everyone around them.

Fortunately more often than not the shop keeper will make the immediate decision that they'd like to be extremely helpful... but for the Mr Cannot and Miss NoHave they are readily recognisable and easily dismissed.

Hi All, OP here,

I see from the many replies, that my experience is not a unique one. To show that this was not a "one off", here is another example.........

TESCO LOTUS.

I see a fridge/freezer i would like to buy.....and i call over an assistant to help.

CANNOT!

"you can not deliver?"

CANNOT SELL!

"Why not, ........something wrong with it?" (hoping for a reduction in price if scratched etc.)

TWO WEEK!

YES!

PEOPLE NEED TO SEE!

"OK,.....If someone see fridge on display, and wants to buy,.....What will you say?" (all together now.................)

This is normal in most big stores they have one on display like a TV would you want to buy the one that's been on display for a month turned on and off so many times. So if they don't have the model you require in the store room it takes 1 or 2 weeks to get from Bkk. Try Homepro as an example if the one on display is the one you want and none in the store room they will order. Maybe your Thai is not good and you don't understand the cannot and no have after a while you will catch on to what they mean.

Hi All, OP here,

TESCO LOTUS.

CANNOT!

"you can not deliver?"

CANNOT SELL!

TWO WEEK!

YES!

PEOPLE NEED TO SEE!

This is normal in most big stores they have one on display like a TV would you want to buy the one that's been on display for a month turned on and off so many times. So if they don't have the model you require in the store room it takes 1 or 2 weeks to get from Bkk. Try Homepro as an example if the one on display is the one you want and none in the store room they will order. Maybe your Thai is not good and you don't understand the cannot and no have after a while you will catch on to what they mean.

If the display item is never for sale, then presumably, when they decide to no longer stock that particular item they return the said item to the manufacturer?......If so, i hope the manufacturer says.."SORRY........CANNOT!"

or try the the other Tesco, they may "hab"!!! (but they won't usually phone to find out for you, unless you speak Thai.... ) Happened to me recently .... one no hab .... but other hab! wink.png

A few months ago, I was looking for some silly little part, for something, first few stores "no have", but both told me of some obscure place in Chawang that hab!.... After finding the store, facepalm.gif ...not only did they have the part, he attached it.... (it was a 20 baht part) thumbsup.gif

I really wonder if this is an issue of whether these working guys or gals, are properly paid on time? .... Some of these national stores hand out pretty good bonuses two or three times a year based on sales.... so not to get sales would really affect their bonus income ...... at least for the managers.... perhaps if managers are not around the staff attitude perhaps changes?...

Having said that, there is one company I know of that has video cams broad casting every last thing to head office in BKK.... perhaps why some stores better than others? "Big brother" is watching! wink.png

I have been to this computer store across from Makro and have very good service.

Perhaps I got lucky?

I bought a bare bones for 20,000 bt. They had it pieced together in an hour and even stayed over a bit after closing to help me get it tied safely on my scooter.

I agree with Worg, just got my new, original laptop battery from Ebay US for 800B, free shipping(one week)and no duties. The shops around here wanted 2800B and two weeks for delivery. I only buy food and drinks in Thailand these days as everything else, except women, is much cheaper on the internet. Don't expect Thais to get frendlier, either, as those days are long gone along with the smiles.

Question: what is your success rate for buying on the internet?

I have always wanted to, but have little faith in the mail system here.

Almost 50% of mail sent to me in Thailand from USA has never arrived!

I also wonder if there is any hassle with customs.

Is there any tariff on purchased item from outside of Thailand?

As stated above, I would love to buy online. I did so for years in the states and was pleased most of the time.

Any advice you could share would be greatly appreciated.

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to address this in the forum.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey.. I have a similar experience just about every day in Thailand... I get the feeling shopkeepers prefer us not to bother them, that way they can carry on eating noodles.

Lazy.. yes, Racist.. possibly but more lazy.

Then why 99 % of the time, with me shopkeepers are smiling and also most of the time trying to help? ...my ko jy? facepalm.gif

I agree with Worg, just got my new, original laptop battery from Ebay US for 800B, free shipping(one week)and no duties. The shops around here wanted 2800B and two weeks for delivery. I only buy food and drinks in Thailand these days as everything else, except women, is much cheaper on the internet. Don't expect Thais to get frendlier, either, as those days are long gone along with the smiles.

As stated above, I would love to buy online. I did so for years in the states and was pleased most of the time.

Thanks in advance!

Interesting worth to open a new thread.

Have bought on line for 8 years and never had a lost item, I was advised 8 years ago to get a PO box which I did and get everything delivered there.

Thanks in advance!

I went into AIS to ask about the iphone 5c that is coming out on the 25th. I was told I can order online now. I asked how much it will be and was told to look at the internet site. As they have computers in AIS, I asked if they could look for me to see the price. I was told 'cannot' because the computer is for work only. Errrmmm, what?

or try the the other Tesco, they may "hab"!!! (but they won't usually phone to find out for you, unless you speak Thai.... ) Happened to me recently .... one no hab .... but other hab! xwink.png.pagespeed.ic.HJgPQ3U3SA.png

A few months ago, I was looking for some silly little part, for something, first few stores "no have", but both told me of some obscure place in Chawang that hab!.... After finding the store, facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif alt=facepalm.gif width=24 height=18> ...not only did they have the part, he attached it.... (it was a 20 baht part) thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

I really wonder if this is an issue of whether these working guys or gals, are properly paid on time? .... Some of these national stores hand out pretty good bonuses two or three times a year based on sales.... so not to get sales would really affect their bonus income ...... at least for the managers.... perhaps if managers are not around the staff attitude perhaps changes?...

Having said that, there is one company I know of that has video cams broad casting every last thing to head office in BKK.... perhaps why some stores better than others? "Big brother" is watching! xwink.png.pagespeed.ic.HJgPQ3U3SA.png

i love tescos and home pro. the amount of time i have been to tescos or home pro and they say no have try home pro. then i go home pro and they say no have go tescos tescos have. then tell them i have already been to tescos so they send me to another shop out side down the road. then that shop tell me to try tescos or home pro. GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! lol

• Like 1

how many times have you gone into a stor. you get stalked straight away by a tv salesman or a carpet man or something. then you ask for what u want and they say. no have.

so experience tells me to keep looking and guess what i find it a few rows down and normally is is something simple like a plug socket or a pair of socks or somethinng,

• Like 1

I went into AIS to ask about the iphone 5c that is coming out on the 25th. I was told I can order online now. I asked how much it will be and was told to look at the internet site. As they have computers in AIS, I asked if they could look for me to see the price. I was told 'cannot' because the computer is for work only. Errrmmm, what?

have to watch them at AIS i put some credit on the wrong phone then when i realised my mistake i ask them to take it off.

they told me they cannnot as it is my mistake. to i called head office infront of them 1175. then the staff attidude changed but i was not interested in talkjing to them as i knew they were wrong.

then whilst i was giving head office their names they pleaded with me to get off the phone. so i did and they gave me my money back.

i know what they wanted to do. take the money off and put it on their own phones cheeky gits.

then they were all very sorry. i was like laters. not like it was an error they could not fix. just them trying to scam me for a few hundred baht pathetic

Dont buy an Iphone through a Phone company. Their warranty is their own policy, and usually for a shorter period, then you are on your own. BY the phone from the maker and you will have it serviced, replaced if any problems exist.

Dont buy an Iphone through a Phone company. Their warranty is their own policy, and usually for a shorter period, then you are on your own. BY the phone from the maker and you will have it serviced, replaced if any problems exist.

yes they replaced my old Iphone after sending to bangkok as it still had 4 mmonths warrenty on it. the only thing that can effect the warrenty is if it was damaged by water.

they have a sticker inside the phone. if that sticker turnes a different color then the phone was damaged by water.

they replaced my phone ffor free plus if it was water damage i would have had to pay 7000 bbaht to replace it rarther than the full price.

all my apps were backed up on my itunes and the phone book was copied over.

• Like 1