Lost divorce papers

Harvey1903ch

Hi,

I lost my divorce papers from my marriage with my ex Thai.

I lost and divorced her 6 years ago,

I have since been in a relationship with my current girlfriend of 3 years.

We plan to wed but need my divorce certificate to show the embassy for my affirmation.

I have no idea where i got married/ signed the papers, it was Bangkok somewhere.

I also have no contact with my ex wife,

Question is:

Can anyone advise me on where to get a replacement paper or on what i can do?

Thanks

The divorce register is online, you could inquire at any amphur or khet about the correct procedure/how to get a copy. If they cna't help you, they can at least tell you at which amphur you divorced.

The divorce certificate must be turned in upon marrying again.

It's a relatively simple proceedure. I've done this a few times for various reasons.

First you need to file a loss report with the police. That only takes a few minutes and 20 or so Baht. The umphur won't issue you a copy of the divorce paperwork without the police report.

Next I recommend you visit Bang Rak Umphur as that is a popular place for Farang to marry and divorce. They're also familiar with these matters.

Take as much information as you can. Preferably any info on your ex wife, your passport number at time of divorce, any dates of marriage and divorce etc.

They can check their computer and tell you what Umphur. If lucky it will be BangRak, if not you may have to travel to the umphur you divorced at.

Once you find the correct Umphur they will issue you stamped photocopies of your original divorce paperwork (not the actual divorce certificate). You can ask for as many stamped copies as you like.

The stamped copies are recognised in Thai courts and Umphurs as official divorce documents.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's a relatively simple proceedure. I've done this a few times for various reasons.

First you need to file a loss report with the police. That only takes a few minutes and 20 or so Baht. The umphur won't issue you a copy of the divorce paperwork without the police report.

Next I recommend you visit Bang Rak Umphur as that is a popular place for Farang to marry and divorce. They're also familiar with these matters.

Take as much information as you can. Preferably any info on your ex wife, your passport number at time of divorce, any dates of marriage and divorce etc.

They can check their computer and tell you what Umphur. If lucky it will be BangRak, if not you may have to travel to the umphur you divorced at.

Once you find the correct Umphur they will issue you stamped photocopies of your original divorce paperwork (not the actual divorce certificate). You can ask for as many stamped copies as you like.

The stamped copies are recognised in Thai courts and Umphurs as official divorce documents.

Many thanks - great help.

Many thanks - great help.

Just a tip.....the report must state you lost the certificate in the area of the police station so make sure you lose it in the right place. smile.png