Mistaken Identity Murder in North Pattaya

webfact

Mistaken Identity Murder in North Pattaya

kill-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 42 year old Hotel Electrician is thought to have been beaten to death due to a dispute between two Motorbike Taxi ranks in the same road with the aggressor believing the victim to be one of the taxi drivers who had made adverse comments about them.

On Saturday afternoon Police and rescue services were called to Soi Potisan in Naklua, in front of Soi 8, to deal with the alleged murder which resulted in the death of Khun Samlan, who would often sit and speak with the motorbike taxi drivers stationed at the location before he returned home after work.

A well-known gangster figure from Soi Potisan known only as Mr. Oot, who works at a Taxi Rank nearby approached Khun Samlan on Saturday afternoon and accused him of making the adverse comments. Khun Samlan remained silent during the altercation which culminated in Mr. Oot repeatedly punching Khun Samlan in the face until he fell to the floor where the vicious beating continued until he died. 8 other men accompanied Mr. Oot but did not involve themselves in the altercation according to witnesses.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/103443/mistaken-identity-murder-north-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-09-23

sorry the guy lost his life but if you fly with crows is very likely you will be shot down with them

So you think it's ok to kill somebody because that person was talking to people you don't like or have some grudge against.

What a sad outlook on life.

That was not really what blackman said now was it?

He simply stated that if you hang out with the wrong crowd, you are likely to get into trouble. A basic rule of life most mums teach their kids.

sorry the guy lost his life but if you fly with crows is very likely you will be shot down with them

So you think it's ok to kill somebody because that person was talking to people you don't like or have some grudge against.

i think you are sad reading that wholesale misinterpretation into my comment

monkeycountry was right when he said:

''That was not really what blackman said now was it?

He simply stated that if you hang out with the wrong crowd, you are likely to get into trouble. A basic rule of life most mums teach their kids.''

Hopefully this tragic death will teach others to distance themselves from taxi drivers - it seems bad things happen around taxi drivers all the time, and usually the taxi drivers themselves are the ones causing the trouble.

And if they are referring to "motosai" taxi drivers in Pattaya, most tend to be fairly well inebriated by mid-afternoon. burp.gif

I think it's more than just a sad outlook on life. For feeling no compassion, Karma would suggest that the next person murdered for doing nothing more than talking to a friend, or perhaps just being in the wrong place at the wrong time, might well be your own. So try thinking about what you say before you say it. Marcus Aurelius once said (and I paraphrase), "tis better to sit quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

I think it's more than just a sad outlook on life. For feeling no compassion, Karma would suggest that the next person murdered for doing nothing more than talking to a friend, or perhaps just being in the wrong place at the wrong time, might well be your own. So try thinking about what you say before you say it. Marcus Aurelius once said (and I paraphrase), "tis better to sit quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

i suggest you take another look at my comment

try to understand its meaning not alter it, misinterpret it or paraphrase it like baerboxer and then take your own advise:

"tis better to sit quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

although it was not Marcus Aurelius who said it but Mark Twain and this was the quote:

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain

(sometimes also attributed to Abe Lincoln )

Edited by blackman
  • Like 2

where did i say any of the words you have tried to attribute to me?

show me where i said , its ok to kill anybody?

show me where i said , its ok to kill anybody who is talking to people i don't like?

show me where i said , its ok to kill anybody who is talking to people i have a grudge against?

show me where i said i do not like motorcycle taxi drivers?

show me where i said i have a grudge against motorcycle taxi drivers?

you are making assumptions and only asses make assumptions

"What a sad outlook on life."

Most of the posts before yours suggest that many of us are flying with a sad flock of farang crows here at TV.

If anyone thinks that brutal thuggery only occurs in Thailand or that it's typical behavior amongst the 67 million Thai people or that chatting with motorcycle taxi drivers means you're cavorting with the underworld is living in a bubble of delusional prejudice ... or maybe they're just scared silly by the big, bad Thai motorcy taxi drivers.

Edited by Suradit69

"What a sad outlook on life."

Most of the posts before yours suggest that many of us are flying with a sad flock of farang crows here at TV.

If anyone thinks that brutal thuggery only occurs in Thailand or that it's typical behavior amongst the 67 million Thai people or that chatting with motorcycle taxi drivers means you're cavorting with the underworld is living in a bubble of delusional prejudice ... or maybe they're just scared silly by the big, bad Thai motorcy taxi drivers.

i see you ''liked'' Bareboxers post

so this applies to you too:

where did i say any of the words you have tried to attribute to me?

show me where i said , its ok to kill anybody?

show me where i said , its ok to kill anybody who is talking to people i don't like?

show me where i said , its ok to kill anybody who is talking to people i have a grudge against?

show me where i said i do not like motorcycle taxi drivers?

show me where i said i have a grudge against motorcycle taxi drivers?

and just for you i add:

show me where i said that brutal thuggery only occurs in Thailand?

show me where i said that brutal thuggery is typical behavior amongst the 67 million Thai people

show me where i said that chatting with motorcycle taxi drivers means you're cavorting with the underworld

just like the others you are making assumptions

Thainess rears its head yet again.

Indeed, brain dead morons. Thai men just can't resolve a problem in a (civilized) manner without having to beat someone's brains out.

Unfortunately I don't see this mentality ever changing. A shame, another innocent person looses their life because one of these cretins can't handle a few words, and thinks he's lost big face!!!

• Like 1

I dont think this has nothing to do with flying crows or mamas child hood lessons, etc. etc. Its about being in the wrong place at the wrong time...in other words...fate.

When your times up it up.

Cheers to the poor fellow who died...RIP.

"8 other men accompanied Mr. Oot but did not involve themselves in the altercation according to witnesses"

Bullsh*t !!!!!

I'm convinced that there hasn't been a Thai man in the history of their culture who has even fought his own battle. At least 5 or 6 on 1 is the norm here. And as if anybody is going to come forward as a witness when vicious thugs are involved. These is clearly no protection offered to possible witnesses with this joke of a Thai justice system. Cripes, they release violent murders on bail with a pittance of a bond put up.

"8 other men accompanied Mr. Oot but did not involve themselves in the altercation according to witnesses"

Bullsh*t !!!!!

I'm convinced that there hasn't been a Thai man in the history of their culture who has even fought his own battle. At least 5 or 6 on 1 is the norm here. And as if anybody is going to come forward as a witness when vicious thugs are involved. These is clearly no protection offered to possible witnesses with this joke of a Thai justice system. Cripes, they release violent murders on bail with a pittance of a bond put up.

Up until a couple of days ago, I would have agreed with you, but then I read an article on TV - see link below. I do believe that is the only time I have ever heard of a "fair" fight in LOS though.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/668493-chonburi-man-beaten-to-death-for-long-phone-call/

Edited by monkeycountry

Arrest and prosecute the criminal and his accomplices. They are all conspirators of murder.

Have they arrested Vorayuth Yoovidhaya yet?

​This is a country that lets a convicted criminal out waiting an appeal against his sentence and his wife who is facing serious charges leave the country for a trip to the olympic games in China and wonders why they do not return?

Closer to home there is Somchai Khunpluem, AKA "Godfather of Chonburi" need I say any more, what a fiasco.

in reality the alleged offender in this murder is a nobody who will just keep his head down for a few weeks until all is forgotten, easier for the the local constabulary just to do the occasional round up down Walking St or "Coconut Bar" of petty criminals.

Just how long before Pattaya is renamed "Keystone"... sad.png

No! I do not think blackman thinks this, but I'll go you one better, and suggest you focus your attention on Mr. Oot!

Mr. Oot thinks it is ok, and that appears to have a greater, negative impact on society's ills than blackman's comment.

The fight is in the ring, and you are sitting in the back row throwing pop corn at the back of people's heads.