Young Swede killed in tragic car accident in Rayong

webfact

Do they have to mention the 'head'? Unnecessarily graphic. Poor family.

Yes, they did because that's what happened! It's called reporting!

Rubbish! It's insensitive. Reporting who he was, the circumstances that led to the accident, and that he died, are details enough. The gruesome details of what happened to him go beyond mere reporting and step into sensationalism. Poor family.

Rubbish! It's insensitive.

Who says its insensitive?

This is Asia my friend, the attitude to life and death over here is a bit different to what you may have been used to, but it doesnt make it insensitive, just different.

Travel broadens the mind, the cultural imperialists dont appreciate that, best you stay home if it offends you.

You want some more insensitivity?

The locals will be buying lottery numbers that match the tabien motocy.

You want even more, go to your local newspaper stand and buy the magazine 191, everything in graphic detail.

The family of the deceased is not Thai. How would they feel? Don't people everywhere you go always speak about being sensitive to other cultures etc etc.

I've been over here 10 years, and yeah, I'm still not used to some of the shit I see. Telling me that I should go home however, that won't make the things that are wrong, right. It just means there will be one less voice to complain about them. I for one want to see Thailand move forward, and yes, on it's on terms. Me going home however, won't help this country advance beyond the quagmire it is currently stuck in.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. You can be the most cautious, safest, and best drive in the world, car or bike, but you can NOT control the actions of idiots on the road, Nor do you have any control over animals, little kids, or even full grown adults, suddenly darting out in front of you.

Ofcourse you can't control the behavior of others. However by driving a safe vehicle defensively at or under the speed limit you CAN minimize the risk of you having an accident and the consequences should one be unavoidable.

• 4 weeks later...

RIP. My sincere condoloences go to this guys family. As a father myself this story shakes me to the core.

Yes maybe the kid made bad decisions, but <deleted> give some sympathy and understanding and compassion for the family.

The family might even read this thread at one point.

Im sure if the posters here had dealt with the untimely death of a loved one they might find it better to keep their shitty comments

to themselves.

• Like 2