Carrying case for tablets

Confuscious

I purchased a carrying case for my tablet with a wired keyboard included.

The keyboard seems to work fine, but I can find no way to switch languages.

Is there a "hot switch" method to switch languages on the keyboard or do I need to install another input application on my tablet?

TIA

post-176122-0-55434000-1379997709_thumb.

Good question! Very difficult to answer, given the limited information.

I'm judging by your picture of the carrying case with the tablet. I'm assuming it's an Android of some sort. I'm also assuming the case and keyboard came with no documentation. Generally with Android systems, unless the tablet came with the keyboard. Usually there's no way to change an external keyboard layout with an external keyboard unless you install an app for the external keyboard.

However, you might try an app called "External Keyboard Helper Pro" which is a paid for app (about 78 baht). Before purchasing it, I would suggest you install and check it to see it works with "External Keyboard Helper Demo". The demo version has the space button disabled, but the rest of the functionality is there.

Another suggestion without the external keyboard helper app installed, would be with the external keyboard connected go to System -> Language and Keyboards to see if your particular tablet has an application installed to switch the language. If not, try checking the options on the "Android Keyboard" and see if it effects the external keyboard. It usually only effects the Android touch display keyboard. Anyway, It's worth a try.

Edited by BB1950

Good question! Very difficult to answer, given the limited information.

I'm judging by your picture of the carrying case with the tablet. I'm assuming it's an Android of some sort. I'm also assuming the case and keyboard came with no documentation. Generally with Android systems, unless the tablet came with the keyboard. Usually there's no way to change an external keyboard layout with an external keyboard unless you install an app for the external keyboard.

However, you might try an app called "External Keyboard Helper Pro" which is a paid for app (about 78 baht). Before purchasing it, I would suggest you install and check it to see it works with "External Keyboard Helper Demo". The demo version has the space button disabled, but the rest of the functionality is there.

Another suggestion without the external keyboard helper app installed, would be with the external keyboard connected go to System -> Language and Keyboards to see if your particular tablet has an application installed to switch the language. If not, try checking the options on the "Android Keyboard" and see if it effects the external keyboard. It usually only effects the Android touch display keyboard. Anyway, It's worth a try.

The carrying case came without a label or any software.

So, I can not give you a brand name or a type.

The keyboard is a QWERTY keyboard with English and Thai keys.

The tablet is an "Eye-On, Smart Pad" tablet, type AM736AC.

Android version is 4.0.4