September 24, 201313 yr Hello all. I am from UK. I aware that I can get a tourist visa form Asian countries just by going there to the consulate. Quick question though. Can I apply at a consulate in say Germany? or other places in Europe? as I will not be in UK at the time I will be needing it. I am sure the answer is yes but just thought I would check see.. Thanks for any helpful replies in advance.
September 24, 201313 yr Some Consulates/Embassies will only issue to those with "residency". Best to check with the Consulate/Embassy you intend applying to for a definitive answer.
September 24, 201313 yr In the EU probably no problem with needing residency. The honorary consulates would be the best choice. Info: http://www.guidetothailand.com/thailand-travel-information/honcon-europe.php
September 25, 201313 yr I believe that when you step over the threshold into a consulate or embassy you are stepping into the country of that consulate or embassy. It should not matter which country you come from as long as you have the correct documents in the correct language and can speak the language with which the staff are familiar. But then, I've never done it so I might be wrong.
Create an account or sign in to comment