Worst flooding in 26 years - girl, 10, swept away in Prachin Buri

webfact

One really feels for that poor little girls family. Playing innocently then swept away. RIP

that poor little girl but what the hell were the parents doing letting her play in water deep enough as to sweep her away.

i highlighted this in another topic of people up to their necks in water laughing and bikes trying to go through it and yes kids having fun,all this was on ch.3.news report.so how do you think the goverment will take anything serious when people seem to enjoy it rather than complain.

just wait and see if ayuthaya ind.est.gets flooded again,then you will see a flood of all the big companies pull out of thailand,the gov.were warned back in 2011 by the big japanese car makers.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sad story, poor girl the first life taken away by the flooding water this year. yet I guess no one gives a dam_n in the govt as she won't cause billion baht of economical lost.

is it still the face saving debate for these high officials and politicians ?

i believe at least 9 reported deaths preceded her

One really feels for that poor little girls family. Playing innocently then swept away. RIP

that poor little girl but what the hell were the parents doing letting her play in water deep enough as to sweep her away.

i highlighted this in another topic of people up to their necks in water laughing and bikes trying to go through it and yes kids having fun,all this was on ch.3.news report.so how do you think the goverment will take anything serious when people seem to enjoy it rather than complain.

just wait and see if ayuthaya ind.est.gets flooded again,then you will see a flood of all the big companies pull out of thailand,the gov.were warned back in 2011 by the big japanese car makers.

another thai visa member with reading comprehension issues. she was in 30 cm of water. not up to her neck. the wave was created by the army vehicles.

• Like 1

I think it's really important to understand that flooding can happen in any country, and it does. The UK and the USA for example have had serious floods recently.. it's nothing new.

There is only so much that man can do to control nature. It's easy to blame the government and I'm sure they could have done more.. but floods will happen.

Oh Stop it... you will have me in tears... floods wink.png

another thai visa member with reading comprehension issues. she was in 30 cm of water. not up to her neck. the wave was created by the army vehicles.

its you that has reading comprehension issues,second line read it again this has nothing to do with the poor girl that lost her life

it was posted days ago in another topic[monday] do you know how deep 30cms.is 1ft.so can it be someone with a bent measuring tape.and yes it was reported that a military vehicle caused a wave big enough to sweep her away just wonder how fast it was going.

• Like 2

Sad. Yet this is the only tragedy we have heard about in the newspaper. It would be interesting to know how many The Nation reporters are up in the flood zone wading around in the water up to shoulders getting the facts first hand from poor Thais suffering?

Stop wondering, the number i zero, they are all in their dry Bangkok office drinking coffee coffee1.gif

Prachin Buri flood still critical, waters rising
By English News

13800782666342-640x390x2.jpg

PRACHIN BURI, Sept 25 -- The flood situation in Prachin Buri province on the Cambodian border east of Bangkok is still critical as floodwaters coursed through a factory in the 304 Industrial Park.

The Daicel Safety Systems (Thailand) Company, a manufacturer of airbag inflator systems for automobiles located in the 304 Industrial Park in Si Maha Phot district was flooded when rising water overflowed to enter the factory.

Workers are moving production machinery to higher ground while installing water pumps to drain out the flood water.

Industrial park workers are rushing to build a makeshift dyke from 'Big Bag' sandbags to protect more than 500 factories in the estate from the flood.

Flood vicitms in the province face difficulty as they have run out of food and drinking water.

In Phichit, more than 1,000 households including commercial centre in Tap Khlo district was flooded for the third day, with the water level on average between 60-100 centimetres at the river bank at Yan Sue sub-district in the provincial seat to prevent possible waterflow from the river.

The water level in the Chao Phraya Rriver continues to rise after the Chao Phraya Dam discharged water.

The situation at Phong Peng subdistrict was worrisome as the water stood at two metre high and no sign of easing. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-09-25

sad story, poor girl the first life taken away by the flooding water this year. yet I guess no one gives a dam_n in the govt as she won't cause billion baht of economical lost.

is it still the face saving debate for these high officials and politicians ?

Actually the little girl is the tenth person that has perished in this years flooding. I believe at least one maybe more persons are missing. Article in other paper.

Good thing everything is "under control".

Though the death of this child is a tragedy the underlying problem that does not get mentioned gives more context to this situation. Drowning is the leading cause of death amongst children , 2650 deaths a year according to one survey.

Its a debatable statistic, along with child deaths in road accidents. The high number of child drownings is directly attributed to the lack of education, with 11 million kids in Thailand not being taught/able to swim. But I dont really understand your point as it relates to the topic or my post

"PRACHIN BURI, Sept 25 -- The flood situation in Prachin Buri province on the Cambodian border east of Bangkok is still critical as floodwaters coursed through a factory in the 304 Industrial Park."

Guess they are going to have to look at their marketing strategy there:

"Situated at 14-18 meters above sea level is another key advantage of our site."

http://www.304industrialpark.com/en/why/

• Like 1

PRACHIN BURI: -- A 10-YEAR-OLD girl was washed away and feared dead yesterday as the eastern province of Prachin Buri battled its worst flooding in 26 years.

"Big waves were generated by three military vehicles that came to the area to help flood victims," a witness said.

Amazing how previous posters link ( and blame ) the flooding directly to the PM ( presumably because of their hatred towards her ) yet the article is about the tragic death of a kid caused by thoughtless driving of military vehicles.

Thai visa at it's agenda driven best.

I will post it again so the red mass can read and ignore it as the truth hurts.

I don't blame them for the flooding, I do blame them for not doing enough. They had 2 years to prepare and they had a hell of a wake up call. Nobody in their right mind can say they were not warned. Then as per normal with this government they did not want to give openness about the spending of the flood budget or do environmental studies as this would limit their chances of stealing money(kinda like the rice scam where you never see real numbers and everything is a secret). So I call that incompetence and thievery. Because of this many programs were halted. I blame them for this if you cant blame a government for not performing what can you blame them for mr Red supporter ?

Now here in Bangyai (yes I was flooded for along time last time so its a sensitive subject) they were making some new sluices, (red dominated area) But money ran out and (to much stolen) so the project has been abandoned and the partly constructed sluice gate is standing there. Again a example of incompetence...

So do i blame them for the weather and rain... no i blame them for plundering the budgets and not being open doing their work good. 2 years and almost nothing has been done.. only to get dear leader back... now mr Red shirt can you counter this.

Are you saying that if the democrat party was in power this wouldn't had happened? That they would have built a good anti flooding system and implemented flood prevention measures, and that they would not have stolen part of the budget in hidden commissions and the like? It looks to me as it would have been exactly the same, maybe with a better (for some segment of the public) rhetoric, but that's all.

What this country needs are anti corruption laws and enforcement such as China is doing now. Death penalty, life in prison or long sentences if found guilty of corruption, this is a real crackdown and not the ones we are used to around here. And I would dare to say that yellows and reds would be flooding the jails in the same numbers, mr Yellow shirt biggrin.png

I am sure the democrats would have stolen a bit too however not on the scale that has happened now. The democrats were at least a bit qualified at what they did and were not busy trying to get convicted criminals back without jail-time. From what I have seen from the Democrats they were better at getting things done. They knew the rules better and were at least bit more open about things. There are reports about how much corruption has risen with the Reds.

I do agree about your view on corruption as the Democrats are corrupt too (at least some of them) I see them as the least evil but strict corruption laws would be best. The country deserves so much better.

Fair points, nice to see this kind of answer in TV ;-)

BTW, I completely agree with you on this country deserving much better. Hopefully, one day the people will wake up and start putting pressure to get real change, although I think they will need to stop struggling to survive first.

Have a nice day

• Like 1

PRACHIN BURI: -- A 10-YEAR-OLD girl was washed away and feared dead yesterday as the eastern province of Prachin Buri battled its worst flooding in 26 years.

"Big waves were generated by three military vehicles that came to the area to help flood victims," a witness said.

Amazing how previous posters link ( and blame ) the flooding directly to the PM ( presumably because of their hatred towards her ) yet the article is about the tragic death of a kid caused by thoughtless driving of military vehicles.

I don't blame them for the flooding, I do blame them for not doing enough. They had 2 years to prepare and they had a hell of a wake up call. Nobody in their right mind can say they were not warned. Then as per normal with this government they did not want to give openness about the spending of the flood budget or do environmental studies as this would limit their chances of stealing money(kinda like the rice scam where you never see real numbers and everything is a secret). So I call that incompetence and thievery. Because of this many programs were halted. I blame them for this if you cant blame a government for not performing what can you blame them for mr Red supporter ?

Now here in Bangyai (yes I was flooded for along time last time so its a sensitive subject) they were making some new sluices, (red dominated area) But money ran out and (to much stolen) so the project has been abandoned and the partly constructed sluice gate is standing there. Again a example of incompetence...

So do i blame them for the weather and rain... no i blame them for plundering the budgets and not being open doing their work good. 2 years and almost nothing has been done.. only to get dear leader back... now mr Red shirt can you counter this.

Are you saying that if the democrat party was in power this wouldn't had happened? That they would have built a good anti flooding system and implemented flood prevention measures, and that they would not have stolen part of the budget in hidden commissions and the like? It looks to me as it would have been exactly the same, maybe with a better (for some segment of the public) rhetoric, but that's all.

What this country needs are anti corruption laws and enforcement such as China is doing now. Death penalty, life in prison or long sentences if found guilty of corruption, this is a real crackdown and not the ones we are used to around here. And I would dare to say that yellows and reds would be flooding the jails in the same numbers, mr Yellow shirt biggrin.png

The point is that the Democrats are not in office. PTP is in office and has been since the previous flood. They have to take the responsibility of the flood prevention failure due to lack of response and not having qualified people in place with a vision to see what needs to be done. And yes Thailand does need anti corruption laws and enforcement.

The point is that the Democrats are not in office. PTP is in office and has been since the previous flood. They have to take the responsibility of the flood prevention failure due to lack of response and not having qualified people in place with a vision to see what needs to be done. And yes Thailand does need anti corruption laws and enforcement.

...and though they just left office in 2011, when the last big flood hit, and did NOTHING in their term, people still blamed PTP for the 2011- flood!

Fact is simply that no one, no DEM, no PTP, gives a hoot about the subject!

...and that is very sad!

Fair points, nice to see this kind of answer in TV ;-)

BTW, I completely agree with you on this country deserving much better. Hopefully, one day the people will wake up and start putting pressure to get real change, although I think they will need to stop struggling to survive first.

Have a nice day

Of course anyone seeing the Democrats as angels is crazy.. I just think they are the lesser evil. The best would be corruption measures like China.. but even there there is corruption still as the people in charge still are un touched (real up high). Anyway its better there (corruption wise) as here.

Here in Thailand they think that if you turn your back to the problem, it is not going to happen.

I pity the family and friends of the little girl. God bless her soul....

Has anyone noticed that Yingluck seems more concerned about the potential flooding of an industrial state than people's houses!!

I am just getting angrier and angrier everytime she mutters those same old words - "don't worry there is not a problem, everything is under control" as all she wants is not to alarm the people over matters that show this government up for what it is in failing the people time and time again and being grossly negligent in it's duties and (non)governance of Thailand.

Plodrasop is a liability and hopefully, one day, he does something that will bring this government down through his antagonistic comments and total dismissal of the people's fears and wishes from his bigotry and self-belief that he is right when everybody else knows that he is wrong!!!

Please let him be the one as I hate this ignoramous above all others.

At least that other antagonist 'Chalerm' was frank and outspoken and had the most (only) success this government can claim in his supression of drugs agenda - this was why he was transferred to the labour ministry by the way, as Yingluck/Thaksin saw him as performing much better than the pseudo-prime minister and wanted him moved out of the limelight!!