Ukraine Tourist Threatened By So-Called Police Gang

Rimmer

Ukraine Tourist Threatened By So-Called Police Gang

PATTAYA:--News reports that Mr.Alex Goltarenko age30, Ukraine citizen reported to the police about being abducted and threatened for money by so-called police gang.

September 24, 2013 [PDN]; at 9:30 PM Mr. Alex confessed to the police that you must driving his motorcycle to get some work done at the Welcome Jomtein Hotel located in Jomtein Beach area which was when 4 Thai guys claimed to be police detained Mr.Alex stating he had historical criminal records. He was then taken into the gang’s car; they drove around Pattaya and Sukhumvit road asking the victim for 1 million baht in exchange for his freedom.

The criminal then took the victim to a hotel on Sukhumvit Road and threatened the victim to make a call to arrange the money in exchange for his freedom. Fortunately when the criminals were occupied he was able to run away and seek help from local residents and immediately reported it to the police to prevent any further threats which could be dangerous to him.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/09/25/ukraine-tourist-threatened-by-so-called-police-gang/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-09-25

Can the writing be more crap, please? I don't understand what is being said.

I feel your pain.

I always thought that PDN used Google translate to change the Thai version to English but I have just read another story on their site, titled ‘Bisexual Rave Gang Hard Travel Bags Elicit Bankrupt In Pattaya’.

Just the headline makes me dizzy but the writing in the story realy baked my noodle and even Google translate does not mess up this much on this story.

I mean, <deleted> the story is about a pickpocket incident but they even manage to get the word ‘Paralympics’ into the story.

• Like 2

Oh please...give me a break...likely involved in a business deal (legal or illegal) at went sideways.

Khun Sherlock at it again

Much more likely than someone being randomly kidnapped off the streets of Pattaya and held for B 1M ransom.

I mean, if you involved in a shady business deal that went tits up, wouldn't you tell the police a similar ridiculous story?

Oh please...give me a break...likely involved in a business deal (legal or illegal) at went sideways.

Khun Sherlock at it again

Much more likely than someone being randomly kidnapped off the streets of Pattaya and held for B 1M ransom.

I mean, if you involved in a shady business deal that went tits up, wouldn't you tell the police a similar ridiculous story?

Pure speculation, i thought Pattaya was a very dangerous place to live lol lol

Either he had to face really stupid guys asking 1 million baht as if it grows on the trees, no guys , not everybody in Europe have 1 million in the bank ..specially in Ukraine . either there is something else .....

You are right that not every one has so much money in the bank but a lot of Thais seem to think that they do (and I don't just mean girls).

Emm I would never fall for this !!

[/quot

Maybe he got the idea from the cops in Nana who kidnapped a guy ( italian I believe ) just three ot four weeks bac and demanded 2 million to let him go free, thay by the way were all arrested but I doubt will will hear any more.

I feel your pain.

I always thought that PDN used Google translate to change the Thai version to English but I have just read another story on their site, titled ‘Bisexual Rave Gang Hard Travel Bags Elicit Bankrupt In Pattaya’.

Just the headline makes me dizzy but the writing in the story realy baked my noodle and even Google translate does not mess up this much on this story.

I mean, <deleted> the story is about a pickpocket incident but they even manage to get the word ‘Paralympics’ into the story.

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Sorry it is off topic, but worth reading

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/09/25/bisexual-rave-gang-hard-travel-bags-elicit-bankrupt-in-pattaya/

You don't to be stand under thinging simple some about story kind of gang to Ukranian take into demand hostage now about car to ransom English plane?

Try again.

These people are not even good as criminals ! hahahaha

We are fortunate in that respect.

As for the police, we shouldn't wish them to do better,

as for now we can just about get away with anything,

especially if we stay up late to do it.

Ukrainian held on 1 Million Baht ransom by “Pattaya Immigration Police”

ukraine-3.jpg
PATTAYA:--On Wednesday night a 30 year old Ukrainian made his way to Dongtan Police Station on Jomtien Beach and claimed he was able to escape from a group of men who claimed they were Pattaya Immigration Police Officers who would only release him in exchange for 1 Million Baht cash.

Mr. Sasha reported the incident to Police and revealed how a fellow Ukrainian had contacted him regarding the sale of his Honda PCX motorbike. He was told to take the bike to Jomtien Beach in front of the Welcome Jomtien Hotel where someone would come to inspect the bike with a view of purchasing the vehicle if it was in good condition.

Mr. Sasha waited for a time and was about to leave after no one came to inspect the bike. Suddenly a Honda City Car arrived and a group of Thai men emerged from the vehicle and claimed they were Immigration officers and Mr. Sasha was ordered into the car. While inside the car, he was told that he would be held by the men until 1 Million Baht was paid to them.

Mr. Sasha came up with a story that he would meet his friend at the Ambassador City Hotel in Na-Jomtien where he would collect the money. The men agreed to take Mr. Sasha to the hotel. When there, Mr. Sasha made-good his escape after a fight with the men who were determined to keep hold of their captive.
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/103849/ukrainian-held-1-million-baht-ransom-pattaya-immigration-police/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-09-26

• Like 1