Coke wants to bring young Thais together with nickname campaign

webfact

Coke wants to bring young Thais together with nickname campaign
By Coconuts Bangkok

1376655_10152694948848306_2118687431_n.j

BANGKOK: -- Coca-Cola has launched its new "Be Fizzy, Be Bold, Share a Coke" campaign in Thailand. Coca-Cola’s aim, with the help of people's nicknames and Thai expressions printed on 250 million cans and bottles, is to encourage young Thais to express their feelings and connect with one another, and with the Coca-Cola brand.

The campaign started in Australia and is now in 50 markets around the world. Thailand is the first country in Asia to use the nicknames campaign.

More than 80 nicknames and 10 expressions, such as "Kon Naa-rak", "Kon Jing-jai", "Kon Pi-sed", "Kon Suay", and "Kon Lor", [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/09/25/coke-wants-bring-young-thais-together-nickname-campaign

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-09-25

In all seriousness, the biggest health threat globally now is down to poor diet from fast food and fizzy pop.

Burgers and fried chicken and fries and sugary drinks are causing obesity and all that goes with that and not just in Western countries.

This is as big a health challenge as smoking, drugs and STD's . . . probably combined.

• Like 2

In all seriousness, the biggest health threat globally now is down to poor diet from fast food and fizzy pop.

Burgers and fried chicken and fries and sugary drinks are causing obesity and all that goes with that and not just in Western countries.

This is as big a health challenge as smoking, drugs and STD's . . . probably combined.

It's just another card in the deck of evolution which will eventually sort out those that are horizontally challenged.

Nobody is force feeding us!

Edited by phosphorescent

Indeed. Bung as many warnings on a pack of cigs you like, but how's about a few on this paint stripper while you're at it

• Like 2

It's just another card in the deck of evolution which will eventually sort out those that are horizontally challenged.

Do not underestimate the power of a world class marketing department.

• Like 2

"Khun Rihanna" would be good..... she seemed to find what some Thai girls could do with cola fascinating!

But wouldn't it more beneficial if they just put health warnings on the bottles instead like they do with cigarette packets?

Edited by bigbamboo

Lazy mans crapper cleaner. Empty 1 of those horrible brown filled bottles down your toilet, flush 10 minutes later, and hey presto clean toilet! Can also be used for cleaning rust off of metal, simply scrunch up some tin foil (aluminum for yanks), then rub rust with coke soaked foil. I have personally tried both uses and it works great. Would never drink the rancid sugary bottle of cax though!

Good Point. Especial handy when checking in to hotel it's always a good idea before you unpack to pour a bottle in the toilet up and around inside the rim, close the lid and flush 15-20 minutes later.

Do not underestimate the power of a world class marketing department.

in thailand thats the last thing i would do , they believe anything , if its on TV , it must be true ,..........this time next week i will have farang skin !

Perhaps they could print various symptoms and complications of diabetes on the bottles instead.

Have liked and even kneeled respecfully to that post.

I have been saying for years that food and drink labelling should carry the same disgusting photos that is currently (and entirely unfairly) displayed on cigarette boxes. If you are a smoker, you have to look at the often photo-shopped disgusting photos of people dying horribly, every time you reach for a cig. This despite the fact that the text warning "may cause cancer" would have been sufficient. So I have been saying for years that McD's and Cola etc. products should have photos of obese people being winched out of the demolished wall of their condo, which has been in the News, walls being knocked down because the person can't get through the doorway any longer, and industrial cranes being used to lift them out of their homes. Or yes, a photo of somebody struggling with diabetes. Or a photo of an obese person who has hanged themselves because they are so consumed with self-loathing. Sugar and also many of the chemicals used in junk food, are addictive, no different to cigarettes, and kill you even faster than cigarettes in many cases. And yet on cigarettes we see the dying men with goo pouring out of them, and on cola McD's etc. we see happy smiling cartoon characters. Also as a side note, nobody knows if the dead people on cig boxes were even dying from tobacco, they might have worked as petrol pump attendants for 20 years, which is actually more hazardous to the lungs than smoking is.

I personally would prefer no graphic logos on any products, a simple bold statement of the dangers would be fine, but so long as they're putting the freddy-kruger pictures on cigs they should do the same for junk food.

coffee1.gif

having agreed with you and 'liked' your post , i think there is another major factor ,....... exercise !.......or lack of , too many pc/video crap ! .

• Like 1

Coke is an icon, and will always be one. A coke once in a while is great. People who

get hooked on all the sugar and get diabetes, fat, and ill eat to much: candy, cake, bread, and ice

cream too. Let's not all pick on Coke. Poor eating habits, not coke causes most of

these health problems. Try Coke Zero !! and get out and exercise................

• Like 1

Seems like most of the people posting doesn't drink Coke.

Why would someone drink it and then rant about how harmful it is?

It contains Sugar, Harmful Chemicals, etc etc bla bla bla... - Well if you know it Dont Drink it..... no one is forcing

And if you are still drinking it after knowing these.. stop complaining....

This goes for any other drinks....

Edited by Nepsydaz
  • Like 2

"Let's get obese together"

How about that for a campaign slogan?

funny, i have been drinking coke all my life and i am neither diabetic or obese.

As with all things moderation is key. a coke on a hot day is a wonderful and no one can tell me different.

Now, those of you buying cases of pop at a time and drinking it as a substitute for water deserve every roll of fat you get.

• Like 1

Coca Cola is one of the most vicious companies in the world, especially in South America, where workers are routinely exploited and paid a pittance. Watch the documentary "The Coca Cola Case" and see what this company is all about. If I remember correctly. something like 8 people who attempted to unionize the exploited Coca Cola workers were assassinated within 1 year in Columbia.

I don't use their products and almost heave when I see their warm and fuzzy advertising campaigns -- "...teach the world to sing in perfect harmony..", etc. is very offensive IMHO

Well you might be right about the poor working conditions... but most of the leading brands of any category has the same story.... phones, garments, electronics like Phones, printers, HDD etc all has the same story...

so there is a high chance that you are using many things apart from coke, that treats their employees like what you mentioned about Coke does. This has become a Harsh Reality.... sad to say but in reality we cant just stop using all these products...

Coca Cola is one of the most vicious companies in the world, especially in South America, where workers are routinely exploited and paid a pittance. Watch the documentary "The Coca Cola Case" and see what this company is all about. If I remember correctly. something like 8 people who attempted to unionize the exploited Coca Cola workers were assassinated within 1 year in Columbia.

I don't use their products and almost heave when I see their warm and fuzzy advertising campaigns -- "...teach the world to sing in perfect harmony..", etc. is very offensive IMHO

Well you might be right about the poor working conditions... but most of the leading brands of any category has the same story.... phones, garments, electronics like Phones, printers, HDD etc all has the same story...

so there is a high chance that you are using many things apart from coke, that treats their employees like what you mentioned about Coke does. This has become a Harsh Reality.... sad to say but in reality we cant just stop using all these products...

Certainly Coca Cola isn't alone in exploiting its workforce, but the topic of the thread is about the Coca Cola company, so... Also, I don't think you could find (many) other cases where such extremes are seen -- the near-instant killing of so many hopeful union organizers.

IMO, the bigger and more financially successful a company (or family) is, the more blood can be found on its hands. I really do have a strong suspicion of the methods of big business, and this has led me to be somewhat of a minimalist. Before making a larger purchase, I really weigh the options and evaluate the need. As a result, I don't crave much in the way of material goods, and my bank situation is quite healthy. (Thank god the world's economy doesn't depend on consumers like me. LOL)

Edited by Wavefloater
  • Like 1

Lazy mans crapper cleaner. Empty 1 of those horrible brown filled bottles down your toilet, flush 10 minutes later, and hey presto clean toilet!

Use Haiter, or whatever that chlorine bleach is called. It works better, and it frees drains, too.

They may not be forcing people but they ARE tricking and duping them into shortening their lives in order to keep the 'big dollars' rolling in!!!

People just don't realise the damage that HFCS and chemicals do to virtually every organ in their body, apart from making them pile on the pounds. I bet they are not aware that 'zero' versions of this flavoured sugar water are more dangerous and obesity making than the regular poison versions either!!