Work Visa To Australia Or Elsewhere

Would anyone know;

How might a skilled Thai man residing in Thailand put his name / resume forward for a willing Australian employer to pick up and perhaps go through the task of bringing him here for work? Is it possible? I see many Asian men in Australia doing the same thing, I was wondering if it's possible for the Thai?

TIA

depends on what skill. If it is in demand, then it stands a good chance. A qualified hairdresser or boiler makers has better odds of getting into Australia than an accountant. Unless they are Kiwi's of course :o

depends on what skill. If it is in demand, then it stands a good chance. A qualified hairdresser or boiler makers has better odds of getting into Australia than an accountant. Unless they are Kiwi's of course :o

Indeed, but the Oz Embassy website just has info on Work Holidays which isn't quite what this chap wants. How would he go about getting his resume to an appropriate employer, being a mechanic. One that would sponsor him.

You could also Google to some of Australia's employment sites. Employers are always searching for skilled tradesmen and advertise widely.

I'm sure any resume forwarded via email would be considered.

You can also subscribe on-line, free of charge to Australias main newspapers. These sites list jobs in the classified sections of the respective newspapers.

Edited by Mighty Mouse

Learn to make google your best friend...

http://www.immi.gov.au/work/sponsored_skilled.htm

Jeez, I learned that a long time ago and I saw that page before coming here. It doesn't answer my question. That page is for employers and those already in the loop. How does a Thai man get IN the loop ? If you can point out that piece of info on that page, you have better eyes than me. Who does he see in Thailand to put his name forward to come to Australia for shortterm employment?

You could also Google to some of Australia's employment sites. Employers are always searching for skilled tradesmen and advertise widely.

I'm sure any resume forwarded via email would be considered.

You can also subscribe on-line, free of charge to Australias main newspapers. These sites list jobs in the classified sections of the respective newspapers.

If he wants to go down the permanent residence route. Then he will have to get his trade checked by the Adelaide Skilled Centre.But also the job must need to be in demand. For me being a spark , i had to prove 7 years of being in the trade. Though i think the others are less than 7 years. Thats how i done mine a few years ago. Only when they give you a number can you apply for the actual visa. It may have changed but thats the way it was about 3-4 years ago. As for sponsorship then i cant help . Sorry.