Internal ceiling height

Go far standard western hight (2.438) 96in. if you want to run air and reduce total space.

Western ceiling height is so low to save on heating costs, to save on cooling costs you better build as high as possible.

My living room ceiling is 5 meter, and i rarely have to open the fan.

Remember hot air rises, cool air falls.

Go far standard western hight (2.438) 96in. if you want to run air and reduce total space.

Western ceiling height is so low to save on heating costs, to save on cooling costs you better build as high as possible.

If you run an a/c unit the same applies to heating as cooling you are conditioning a volume of air. Reduce the space. I have 3m walls I don't run a/c.

5 metres..............wow..............whistling.gif ...............that's over 16 feet..................wow

That is possable if you have an up stairs and vaulted ceiling in the living room to the second floor. I would not think all rooms are that way. You would want A/C in an office or something then that room would or should have lower ceiling - the BTU spec for A/C is based on the sq.Cube and not just the sq.m of the space. Size really does matter rolleyes.gif

5 metres..............wow..............whistling.gif ...............that's over 16 feet..................wow

I don't have a picture from the inside of the living room at hand, but take a look at the roof height of the living room, you will notice that there are no windows so it isn't another level.

post-163350-0-60143300-1368030364.jpg.

Edited by jbrain

That is possable if you have an up stairs and vaulted ceiling in the living room to the second floor. I would not think all rooms are that way. You would want A/C in an office or something then that room would or should have lower ceiling - the BTU spec for A/C is based on the sq.Cube and not just the sq.m of the space. Size really does matter rolleyes.gif

I thought that since cold air sinks (technically, I think it's hot air rises?) it doesn't matter how high the ceiling is, as long as the air con has the capacity to keep the necessary thickness of cold air measured from the floor up? i.e. You could have 10m ceilings, but as long as your air con kept the lower 2.5 meters cool, it didn't matter what temp the upper 7.5 meters were. Is that not how it works? (I am seriously asking. It's what I've read someplace and assumed it is how it works.)

Wife wanted two rooms knocked into one!!

Possible lack of communication=

One bedroom lessfacepalm.gif

wai2.gif

I thought that since cold air sinks (technically, I think it's hot air rises?) it doesn't matter how high the ceiling is, as long as the air con has the capacity to keep the necessary thickness of cold air measured from the floor up? i.e. You could have 10m ceilings, but as long as your air con kept the lower 2.5 meters cool, it didn't matter what temp the upper 7.5 meters were. Is that not how it works? (I am seriously asking. It's what I've read someplace and assumed it is how it works.)

No. That may have some effect but you will still use more power and require a larger (more BTU) unit if the overall space is larger. I made our house with 3m wall to avoid using A/C but that means it is not as hot - it is still damn hot when it gets hot. I am adding A/C to the office this year and will redo the ceiling panels by dropping the system back down to normal hight and up grading the rock wool reducing the space in that room by 10cube in doing so, means a smaller A/C unit and saves power.

Bit of a how longs a piece of string question. The "standard" heights in a country like Australia in modern houses are 2.4 and 2.7 metres. Older houses vary between 3 and 3.6 metres. Part of this reason was to allow fumes from the old heating systems to escape through the wall vents which are set up near the ceiling.

Thailand from what Ive seen doesnt have any set heights as theres no real uniformity between different builders. Given this, who wouldnt want higher ceilings. Most of what Ive seen though are around 3 metres or 10foot.