Eye Prescription - is it the same Thailand and USA?

dancep

I went to Rutnin eye hospital and got a new prescription, and am now buying a new pair of glasses in the US online.... but I want to check if the prescription is written in the same standard as the US and Canada. I ask as the Cyl and Axis numbers are quite different from prior ones, and I understand there are different ways to write the prescription.

Any ideas?

thanks

Very fast replies and very useful.... I now see that in Canada they were using the minus cyl, and at Rutnin in BKK they used the plus cyl notation. So it looked like my new Thai prescription had an opposite astigmatism in one eye, and increased strength, when in fact it has barely changed once I convert it. So makes a lot more sense!

Amazing what we learn... I am also buying from Zenni after hearing some good reviews. An entire progressive set of glasses with high impact 1.61 for about $100.... would cost $400 or more locally in Canada. I tried to buy in Thailand but found it was much harder than I expected in the many shops, and not that cheap once they added all the extras.. and I tended to be swarmed by staff who thought every single frame looked great on me... So I will try online and take my chances, rather than wait until I come back to Thailand next month.

thanks a lot

Have never been charged any duty and shipments are made by courier service. Have ordered from Zenni at least four times in last several years. Only negative was last time someone thought Bangkok was in Ireland so shipment went there/back to China before getting here but still only about 10 days. There is on-line tracking and I advised Zenni of error (was being ping-ponged from France to UK for several days).