DSI sues Than Thuagsuban for land encroachment charges

webfact

DSI sues Than Thuagsuban for land encroachment charges

BANGKOK, 26 September 2013 (NNT) - Four suspects involved in the encroachment of government-land in Khao Phang, Kho Samui District, Surat Thani Province has been sued by the Department of Special Investigation (DSI)'s prosecutors.

According the DSI Director General, Mr. Tharit Pengdit, the four suspects are: Pongchai Fahtaweephon, Samart Reungsri, Than Thuagsuban, and Banjerd Laopiyakul.

The DSI declared that the defendants had violated the 1941 Forest Conservation Act and the Land Code and are charged with damaging or seizing forest land owned by the Government without authorization, as well as damaging or seizing forest land owned by the Government without ownership right documents or permits from related officials.

The court has scheduled an evidence hearing on the case on November 11 while granting bails to all of the four defendants.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-09-26 footer_n.gif

Big mistake stealing land from the government, next time he should just steal temple land. So long as the land stolen from the temple is over 1,000 rai and used to make a luxury housing estate for the elite, and a golf and country club, it is fine and good with no legal dramas. Precedence for this has been set, but the name of the thief eludes me at present.

Didn't hear you complaining or making a stand when you were churning up the fairways there.smile.png

• Like 2

Big mistake stealing land from the government, next time he should just steal temple land. So long as the land stolen from the temple is over 1,000 rai and used to make a luxury housing estate for the elite, and a golf and country club, it is fine and good with no legal dramas. Precedence for this has been set, but the name of the thief eludes me at present.

Didn't hear you complaining or making a stand when you were churning up the fairways there.smile.png

Its quite clear both cases should of course be punished. Too bad (but normal in Thailand) they only seem to go after corruption if it is done by their enemies. I hope they really get this guy and it will set a precedent.

• Like 1

It has been an ongoing saga for many years and your superhero was deeply involved as well.

But of course that does not suit the Red Shirt supporters ears.

• Like 2

Anyone of the readers of these forums would not hesitate to take a cut of the action if they felt they could get away with it. How many houses have been knowingly thrown up on forest land in Samui, Phuket blah blah? How many of these houses are proportionally 'owned' by westerners? Most of them.

Rule of play in Siam is if you can get away with it, go for it. Applies to all nationalities. Plenty of hippies knowingly buy cheap PBT forest land, build crap on it and then wine like b*tches when the upgrade never materialises.

Anyone of the readers of these forums would not hesitate to take a cut of the action if they felt they could get away with it.

errr . . . no . . . speak for yourself, not me. I leave all the illegal stuff to the Thai's.

Most foreigners pay the Thais to do the illegal stuff on their behalf. Except any Thai judge will ignore the middle men (assuming they happen to be Thai) and drill into the chain of events until they strike gold in the form of a foreigner.

If you 'own' a house you're breaking the law, if your wife/GF is a nominated business partner to allow you to effectively own and control a business, property, car, hire purchase goods etc then you're acting illegally.

Absentee landlord I believe.

Seems as if the said absentee landlord is currently of no fixed abode, this situation being due to being a convicted felon who absconded from Thailand to attend an international sporting event, or so it was claimed at the time However said absentee landlord is in possession it seems of a number of passports from shall we say the less ethical countries in the world.whistling.gif

One wonders where the rental income is paid and to whom as well?

• Like 1

Anyone of the readers of these forums would not hesitate to take a cut of the action if they felt they could get away with it.

errr . . . no . . . speak for yourself, not me. I leave all the illegal stuff to the Thai's.

Most foreigners pay the Thais to do the illegal stuff on their behalf. Except any Thai judge will ignore the middle men (assuming they happen to be Thai) and drill into the chain of events until they strike gold in the form of a foreigner.

If you 'own' a house you're breaking the law, if your wife/GF is a nominated business partner to allow you to effectively own and control a business, property, car, hire purchase goods etc then you're acting illegally.

Again, speak for yourself and don't judge everyone by your own standards.

• Like 1

Anyone of the readers of these forums would not hesitate to take a cut of the action if they felt they could get away with it. How many houses have been knowingly thrown up on forest land in Samui, Phuket blah blah? How many of these houses are proportionally 'owned' by westerners? Most of them.

Rule of play in Siam is if you can get away with it, go for it. Applies to all nationalities. Plenty of hippies knowingly buy cheap PBT forest land, build crap on it and then wine like b*tches when the upgrade never materialises.

Don't tar everyone with the same brush - I've never taken anything in my 50 years that doesn't belong to me; nor would it. The principle of honesty for some if far more important than money.

Define 'Belong to me' in Thailand from a foreign perspective. You may have paid for it, but it doesn't make it yours, even if it was your money you spent.

Reminds me of a young German I used to know who paid a farmer for some land, build a house on it and then spent the next six months under seige from the original (and legally current) land owner and his family who upon completion of the house decided that they wanted it back.

Haters, get off you high horse and read between the lines. it's not all about you and your ivory tower.