Immigration On Arrival Sep 23, 1130

gk10002000

I just arrived from LAX to Taipei to BKK. Flights were on time. The lines at immigration were not up to the "ramp". yet, but they got that long right after I got in line. I was in the Premium/Elite seats on EVA so I got out ahead of most of the plane's passengers. The lines moved very quickly I thought. I was through in 23 minutes. I have no problem with that. Arriving back in LAX always takes longer than that. I only had my carry on so all was good. I bought the 134 baht bus ticket for the 1300 bus to Pattaya and that went smoothly. Good job all around to the system today in my opinion. One strange thing; I wanted to go back upstairs but the escalator near the food court was blocked by a guard and he would only let people with boarding passes back up. However, one can take any of the elevators it seemed.

That escalator has been blocked for some time now. Went to use it a few weeks ago and the security guard wouldn't allow it, even with my friends having their tickets and all of us showing passports. Something to do with restricting touts maybe. If you walk away from the food court the next set of escalators you come to (near the taxis) is okay to use.

That escalator has been blocked for some time now. Went to use it a few weeks ago and the security guard wouldn't allow it, even with my friends having their tickets and all of us showing passports. Something to do with restricting touts maybe. If you walk away from the food court the next set of escalators you come to (near the taxis) is okay to use.

Well if you know about the next set of escalators, the chances are touts would too.

biggrin.png

Escalator/elevator and even outside access has been blocked for level 2 (arrivals) from doors #10 ~ #4/#3 for the past ~ 5 years. Prior to this, the Arrivals area was overrun with greeters and it was challenging for passengers to exit from Customs B & C.