Big C Suphanburi open

jonnyscot

Better choice of shopping has improved when the new Big C store in Suphanburi open it's doors today, with Robinsons, Makro, and Tesco Lotus in town, and the smaller nasa mall still going strong, I hope I'm wrong but I fear the competition will prove too strong for one of them, Tesco lotus are also believed to be accommodating a new cinema within the existing building,,

Yes, back in my home country, if a major retailer was building in a new area then traffic management plans and everything would have to be implemented including upgraded roadways, lights etc,, somehow I don't think it happens here, Im sure we will see an increase in accidents at that U turn beside the new store although I hope I'm wrong

Hopefully the traffic will settle down after a few days, I went there last night with the wife and kids to try one of the new resteraunts within the complex, opted for the Cha-Bu-Chi, I think it's called, had a 30 minute wait before getting seated as it was probably more busy than it was the day before, but food was ok, 988 baht for 2 adults and 2 kids eat all you want, I noticed they've put traffic cones across the u turn which I think has made it a bit safer, but still much easier to negotiate your way by taking the scooter

At our first visit on the evening opening day we were greeted with a foul stench at the south end of the car park. The stench filtered into the southern entrance and half way through the complex. The stench emanated from a settlement pond that was used during the building phase to collect the toilet runoff from the toilets surrounding the temporary shacks that were build to house the workers. We are living 600 meters away and when the wind is in the wrong direction if infiltrates our home. To date I have seen no efforts by Big C to clean it up. Flood waters are rising in the area. At this rate soon we will be wading need deep through the runoff. It shows the regard Big C has for it's customers.

Not so good about that yieldman, we also visited on opening day and the wife did mention the smell (to be honest I didn't much notice) but the wife thought at the time it was from a pig farm that she thought was also in the vicinity, but since you live closer by I'd imagine your assessment of where the smell is coming from to be more accurate,,, hope they get it fixed soon