Need to repair luggage...

kap

I have a piece of luggage ("Spinner"...4 wheels) which needs repair; one of the wheels broke off. Can anyone provide me with a recommendation as to where I may be able to get it repaired. It may be beyond repair, but given that it is a new piece (I just used it for the first time, since bringing it over here) I'd like to at least give it a try. Thanks in advance. Cheers!

I had the same problem a while ago and looked all around Pattaya without finding a bag repair shop. I also checked out the Internet with the same result. There used to be a bag repair shop on Sukhumvit but that has closed down, so our choices a a bit limited.

I was at Tukom the other week and when leaving I saw a small bag repair stall nearby and managed to get my bag strap repaired. He does all sorts of bag repairs but I don't know about replacing wheels. It may be worth just calling in and asking him.

If you stand looking at the front entrance of Tukom the guy is on the soi to the right hand side very close to Tukom.

Good luck

If your bag was damaged in flight to Thailand claim off the airline on arrival many people do not do this your airline has a duty of care to look after your luggage i.e.:- not crush rip or knacker your wheels I mosdt airlines have new cases ready to issue to you at the airport or send one direct to your address..

they charge enough for the tickets check out http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/passenger-rights/air/ also know your delay rights believe me if you press them they will cede ( no more mr nice guy) get waht is rightfully yours..

If your bag was damaged in flight to Thailand claim off the airline on arrival many people do not do this your airline has a duty of care to look after your luggage i.e.:- not crush rip or knacker your wheels I mosdt airlines have new cases ready to issue to you at the airport or send one direct to your address..

they charge enough for the tickets check out http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/passenger-rights/air/ also know your delay rights believe me if you press them they will cede ( no more mr nice guy) get waht is rightfully yours..

Perhaps this doesn't pertain to budget airlines. I booked a ticket on Cebu Pacific yesterday and they had a 70 peso "luggage protection" add on option. This is a new add on which I've never seen before.

Edited by tropo

You can Google" Mr Bag Fix Pattaya"

They handle luggage repairs. I saw them in Pattaya on Sukhumvit and Chiangmai near airport.

I have used them one time in the past.

They have either closed down or moved. I actually went there to find out that it was no longer a bag fix shop.

Thanks for all of the replys. Unfortunately, the bag repair place by Tukcom couldn't help me and the place on Sukhumvit (near BPH) is no longer there. Since my bag wasn't damaged by the airlines, there's no chance for redress there.

I think that if anybody could repair my luggage it would be someone who could do some sort of fabrication or something, maybe even someone in one of these scooter repair shops. I'll take a closer look at my luggage and see if I can figure out on my own what needs to be done. I'll then decide if I think there is anybody around who I think may be able to complete that task.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I recently had a bag damaged by Thai and a company from Bangkok picked up the bag and brought it back like new. Why don't you contact thr Thai office in Pattaya and ask them for the details of the company they use failing that I'll try and find the receipt this company gave me.

• 8 months later...

So does anyone have any updates on a luggage repair shop ??. I was just about to go to the one on Sukhumvit, but now according to this thread, it is closed down, I will try Tutcom for a simple zipper repair, but also need some repair that is more technical and luggage specific. There must be a significant demand for this sort of thing. Someone mentioned Soi NPW, (Nern Plub Wan?) but gave poor directions.

I never did get my luggage fixed and just made due with the broken piece...a major hassle!

I'd still like to find a repair place though...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

One time a had a wheel on my bag come apart. I went to Central Chitlom in Bangkok to the floor where they sell the luggage. Talked to a gal there and she sent my bag off and a few days later I got a call that it was repaired, ready for pick up. You might try that at the Central in Pattaya, never know.

• 1 year later...

Without seeing your bag ( photo? ) it's a bit hard to suggest a solution, but if my 4 wheeler suffered a broken wheel, I'd cut the broken wheel off and go to Global House for a similar sized wheel and a piece of plywood to go inside the bag. Screw or poprivet the wheel on in place of the broken one. If I couldn't find the correct sized wheel I'd just replace all of them. Shouldn't cost more than a couple hundred baht to do one wheel.

You can Google" Mr Bag Fix Pattaya"

They handle luggage repairs. I saw them in Pattaya on Sukhumvit and Chiangmai near airport.

I have used them one time in the past.

Closed down a few years ago!

Edited by Pdavies99

If the wheel broke off on the side opposing the pull-out-handle, just break off the second wheel, and use your luggage as a two-wheeler, grabbing on the handle while two wheels are on the floor

If the wheel however broke on the side where the handle is, bad luck.

why not get a brand new one? luggage repairs can be tricky, and if there are cracks in the main frame of the luggage it's only a matter of time until it break into pieces. You might be wasting your money with a repair. Have a look at the Samsonites and alike at Central.