thai expat tv or uktv?

Mooner

Mooner you shouldn't let him know his play is working or we will be down to one.smile.png

Seriously I have several times thought of subscribing with him but it is so rarely that I watch that it is not worth it. It does seem a decent service though if you watch tv..

• 5 weeks later...

Don't know UKTV, but I can highly recommend Thai ExpetTV. At ฿1740 every 3 months, it's worth it for me. I used to pay that amount every MONTH for TRUEMove and only ever actually watched 2 or 3 channels. I have a 9Mbps TOT line and never have a problem. I am not trying to sell it, just saying I'm really happy with them. Also good support.

UkTV is a lifesaver- i'd go mad here without it. It looks like thai expat tv. just gives access to i player and so on, but you can see live tv on uktv, well it's 5 minutes behind.

Edited by sms747

UkTV is a lifesaver- i'd go mad here without it. It looks like thai expat tv. just gives access to i player and so on, but you can see live tv on uktv, well it's 5 minutes behind.

Judging from the free demo UKTV is definitely the way to go if you like uk tv/.

Why would you subscribe to any of these packages ??

If your speed is quick enough just watch Live uk tv or catch up by switching to Chrome and turning on Zenmate (free) to Uk IP address.

You dont need any of these subscription packages ???

If your speed is quick enough just watch Live uk tv or catch up by switching to Chrome and turning on Zenmate (free) to Uk IP address.

For many people that's a big "if". My connection would never allow me to stream from the UK though it does from the US. But these locally-based servers work fine.

And also UKTV is extremely easy to use with the permanent 7-day any-time replay feature. None of the official broadcasters' websites allow anything like this even if your bandwidth is up to steaming them.

Not sure if ExpatTV has exactly the same any-time programme guide facility that UKTV has. When I tried it a year or so ago it just had a -18hrs feature which was nowhere near as good.

For many people that's a big "if". My connection would never allow me to stream from the UK though it does from the US. But these locally-based servers work fine.

And also UKTV is extremely easy to use with the permanent 7-day any-time replay feature. None of the official broadcasters' websites allow anything like this even if your bandwidth is up to steaming them.

Not sure if ExpatTV has exactly the same any-time programme guide facility that UKTV has. When I tried it a year or so ago it just had a -18hrs feature which was nowhere near as good.

Ah ok fair enough. I had just stayed hotel that had free wifi which was locally 10-12 meg

No idea what it was internatiionally but streamed Live tv and Catch up 99% of the time without buffering

Expat tv has /had a special offer of B2000 for 6 months .( i think its till the end of this month ) .Reception very good .I had the uktv for free untill they started delating channels .

Bummer when you have to pay for something.

Expat tv has /had a special offer of B2000 for 6 months .( i think its till the end of this month ) .Reception very good .I had the uktv for free untill they started delating channels .

Why dont you guys use this link for British Tv. No subscription and you dont even need a VPN switched on so no speed throttling.

http://brittv.co.uk/

UKtv has a weird interface but it works better than iplayer and the others. With i player I often get a 'this content does not seem to be working' message.Much easier to forward through the ads as well. Is it run by Germans? probably why it works so well!

Why dont you guys use this link for British Tv. No subscription and you dont even need a VPN switched on so no speed throttling.

http://brittv.co.uk/

Probably cos it no longer works- '

BritTV Is no-longer Providing TV Online..

Thank you all for your company for the last 7 years!!

As not to leave you guys buggered, i found a very good alternative for you.

"BritTV is no longer providing TV Online" according to their website.

Correct

Just clicked on and working perfectly albeit am in Uk ??

Thats bizarre because interface is saying what you guys have just said but clicking on first link opened normally or is that because am in uk ??

Edited by Chivas

Yep ,they get people hooked in and then start charging lol .Anyway the B2,000 i payed for 6 months of expat tv wont break the bank .

Yep ,they get people hooked in and then start charging lol .Anyway the B2,000 i payed for 6 months of expat tv wont break the bank .

You mean that they should provide a free service forever? biggrin.png

ExPat TV often give a free trial, but only for a couple of days and agree the 2,000 Baht is a good deal.

I watched UKTV's free service forever and when they started deleting the programs I felt I should sign up with them as I'd had a lot from them with no problems. Both seem to be pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have had Expat TV for nearly 2 years and have been quite happy with it. I have an older TV so it works well with the set top box. I must say that UKTV is both cheaper(3800 Baht for a year) and more solid in it's connection. It's going to be difficult deciding which one to go for come renewal time next year.