Embassy refuses Visa, tell you go on 30 day exemption instead....

Hi guys,

I'm pretty sure that I can meet all the requirements vor a single entry tourist visa, even in Manila. But I start wondering for what cost?

I think I can pretty much come up with all the papers, for the flight the cancellation fee is 2000Thb, in case that's really necessary to have a flight back to the Phils.

Then comes a minimum of 2 times going to Manila, for the application, and the passport pickup, that will sum up to somwhere 2000Thb - 10000Thb (public transport, or private car).

Then the fee for the visa itself, I guess something around 1000, with only 20% chance to get actually one.sad.png

At the end you might come up with a rfused stamp in your passport, and you get problems all around the region.

What happens actually when you run this routine, 30day visa exemption followed by 4 land crossings, can you repeat that as long as your passport is full ??? (Would be very cheap for me, I have 3 border crossings within 60Km, and for Lao I got Visa exemption too, so basically no costs involved.)

Or had someone trouble when visa was refused to enter again under the 30 day exemption again?

I'll be in Vientanne anyway next year January, so I didn't do that twice. Phnom Penh was my first thought to go, but I skipped, at present nobody knows what's happen next in PNH.

I'm just wondering, if you return to Thailand, if the routine starts again?

What happens actually when you run this routine, 30day visa exemption followed by 4 land crossings, can you repeat that as long as your passport is full ??? (Would be very cheap for me, I have 3 border crossings within 60Km, and for Lao I got Visa exemption too, so basically no costs involved.)

I did a border run with a company from BKK earlier in the week and the van was full of people who did back to back land crossings.

One guy said he had been doing it for 2 years and from all the stamps in his passport it seemed to be true.

Seems like a lot of hassle unless you live close to the border though.

I did a border run with a company from BKK earlier in the week and the van was full of people who did back to back land crossings.

One guy said he had been doing it for 2 years and from all the stamps in his passport it seemed to be true.

Seems like a lot of hassle unless you live close to the border though.

At least here in the north are only 4 land crossings allowed, and this policy is enforced as well. After that you have to check for someting new. Let it be a visa, or at least another 30 day exemption.

So mix the entries, 15 days, 30 days, Tourist Visa up, I did so for years, no problem.

Nowadays since 2009 I qualify for Non Immigrant O - Family stay to.

Laos Visa exemption, you from Switzerland? wink.png

Luxembourg, actually. Finally it pays of for the individual for the huge amount of development aid we paid clap2.gifclap2.gif

• Like 1