Phuket jet-ski operator attacks Israeli tourists

webfact

I seem to remember something about these things having compulsory insurance....or was it a dream?

Not paying the "compulsory" extras will "insure" you can't leave until you do. seems it is all part of the Phuket "adventure".

• Like 1

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not everyone knows about the jet ski scams.

But over time more and more people will know how Thailand treats its guests (not all of course)

One day, the light will turn on for some important official and he/she will know that catering for the cheaper end of the tourist market, lowers standards and profit.

Then perhaps these conning Thais will be looked upon as leeches doing an injustice to Thailand and not just tourists and get sentenced as terrorists against the nation.

Edited by thhMan
  • Like 2

I seem to remember something about these things having compulsory insurance....or was it a dream?

Very interesting point. Owning and operating a vehicle of any sort carries the requirement to have it insured. That should be the very first point made, and/or policies should be reviewed and proper notice given to customers renting; "Be advised that these rented vehicles do not carry any insurance coverage, and the renter is liable for all damage to the vehicle; either pre-existing damage, or damage done during the rental period."

Again; excellent point! Why are the police and the Phuket government allowing uninsured vehicles to be used in a business?

I cannot help but think enough negative things about the Thai mentality and Thai mind that justifies the way they pollute the term "existence" at certain times like this.

• Like 2

Tell all family friends and any one you know visiting

"Never rent a Jet Ski in Phuket!"

I told my son and his mate that last year, fully explaining the reasons and consequences and detailing examples ... yet the first thing they did in Patong was to rent them.

Bright-eyed tourists, particularly young adults, do not think logically - they are in fun mode.

Whilst we're aware of it, I doubt very few tourists have ever even heard of a 'jet-ski scam' at all.

When its explained what can or what is infact is planed to happen they just would,nt believe it, when i get asked back at home about thailand...i think most dont believe such things would be aloud to continue,

Same when i tell about the criminal activities of the police, to them it sounds like a 3rd world african state.. maybe nigeria.

Edited by tingtongfarang
  • Like 1

Took a road trip to Heaven last week and had a nice chat with God. He asked me how were things in Thailand. I told Him it's the same old s..t everyday here. You can assault people and get away with it here if you are a Thai for that matter even kill them as long as you use a Samurai sword. I asked Him why on earth did He create these cretins. He told me He lost a bet to the Devil in a card game. If He won the Devil had to quit tempting people and if the Devil won God had to create another Hell on earth. Ergo, Thailand.

Edited by SCARLETIBIS1
  • Like 2

I read it as the civil part of the case, as opposed to the criminal part, will be heard at the tourist court i.e. damages will be awarded, But from who to whom? To the jetski operator for the damage to the jetski or to the Israelis for a physical attack on them? Or perhaps the two will conveniently even themselves out.

Of course this is arse-about-face, though in this instance, as the perpetrator has admitted he attacked the tourists, it should work.

Though will a criminal case actually get to court?

Correct.

The Israelis will be called to the tourist court pretaining to the alleged jetski damages, not relating to the ABH incident.

These jetski scams have been well documented and cannot understand why tourists are still falling into the trap? Perhaps they believe that the worst will happen to the other fella and not to them? Whatever, I don`t think these Israelis are going to receive justice anyway, it could even go against them in court. If it does, than I guess this will be hushed up and there will not be any updates regarding this case.

Well you can't just damage peoples jet skis and expect not to compensate them. There was no denial of damage on the Israelis part.

Which articles says they do not deny the damage? The only other article I've seen states that after hiring it, it "felt weird" so the younger guy beached it, they then went to get the operator.

• Like 1

Another nail in the coffin ( I hope)

Yeah and only another 50.000 nails to go!

Its really becoming farcical now, all these years the goverment and cops have had the opportunity to stop this but obviously prefer not to,

This dumb looking Thai Jet Ski operator would be a good start,

but they are already calling it non criminal, and he is quickly out on bail and back to his jet skis and flagpole!

• Like 2

Tell all family friends and any one you know visiting

"Never rent a Jet Ski in Phuket!"

What could be coming is, that Phuket me put on NO GO warnings by foreign embassies. It appears that the Governor of Phuket can not, or will not control the organized crime. ph34r.pngph34r.png

Why is an assault a non criminal charge?

Thai law can be mysterious. Like when a speeding charge in connection with vehicular manslaughter of a policeman has a 2 year statute of limitations. I wonder if the vehicular manslaughter of a police officer charge also has a statute of limitations. I cite these very different cases to highlight surprising aspects of the law and legal system.

I did learn one thing from that other case. The first thing I will do if ever pulled over for DUI is immediately grab a bottle of whiskey and guzzle. That way, they could not prove I was drunk before or after I was pulled over. I wonder if I could pull that off in another country? Obviously, if in custody you would need a mate to slip you one but it might be possible.

Edited by Minnehaha

Well since this cretin is out on bail it is fairly obvious a criminal charge has been made. Of course the likelihood of the scumbag actually getting any punishment if the case astoundingly gets to court (after the Isralies have conveniently left Thailand thus evading any need for justice to be seen to be done), it will not help the civil case for damages.

I truly hope the newspaper will diligently follow the case and report the decision of the court with full details.

• Like 1

“After the Israelis returned the jet-ski to me, I saw that it was damaged.

Aren't they always?

I was angry, and we quarreled. Then I used the wooden flag-pole to strike them,” Mr Danaichet told the police.

Full confession. Throw away the key!

These cowboys really need to be taken down. :(

You gotta remember this is Thailand. A Thai who commits murder or rape will often be released on bail. bah.gif

The thing that is surprising in this case is that the slime even arrested him, they are generally working hand in glove with the scum renting out the jet skis.

Edited by johnlandy
  • Like 1

Tip: Before renting a jet ski. whip out the phone/camera and take shots of the jet ski from all angles. Show the pics to the operator. When you return the jet ski ... there will be no claims of damage. A hassle, yes. But necessary in corrupt Thailand unfortunately.

• Like 1

Read it again. They are clearly referring to things like a civil claim for damage and so on.

No, not really, although it can be inferred, it still doesn't address the criminal issue. Why is that? Crappy reporting, bad copywriting, or no criminal case? Let us all know since obviously you have superior knowledge to the rest of us.

A very good question and one which he will find very difficult to answer passifier.gifpassifier.gifpassifier.gif

Well you can't just damage peoples jet skis and expect not to compensate them. There was no denial of damage on the Israelis part.

Which articles says they do not deny the damage? The only other article I've seen states that after hiring it, it "felt weird" so the younger guy beached it, they then went to get the operator.

Probably the limbs of the swimmers they ran over causing propeller vibration.

There was no comment from the Israeli's Israelis full stop

There was no statement or implication in the article that the Israelis denied they damaged the jet ski whether or not in fact the jet ski was damaged.

People are very quick to rush to judgement of the Thai. Clearly he must have been very angry about something.

I took the liberty of correcting your damaged grammar. No charge for that.

• Like 1