Ubon to Surin travel options ?

seasia

Hello

I need to go to Surin early next week, planning to fly in to Ubon from BKK, likely morning arrival, just after 7.00AM, 2nd arrival time option would be about lunch time , just after 12.05 .

Could anyone please advise as to approximate travel time and cost for the onward journey to Surin ?

train, bus or taxi ?

I have never been to Ubon, was thinking of spending just 1 night there on the return journey so 2nd question is any recommendation for a cheapish place to stay, say 500-700 baht, only need somewhere clean and preferably near a few places to go for something to eat in the evening, maybe a beer also.Anywhere central ? Guesthouse type place fine.

Appreciate any useful replies.

Have had a search but time is a bit pushed to find information

Thank Yousmile.png

Ubon then "onwards to Surin". Have you looked at a map my friend.....if you travel onwards from Ubon you will be in Laos.

You will have to travel back towards Bangkok for a good couple of hours, maybe more as I havent done it myself but just looking at google earth.

So why not save yourself time and money by getting a bus from Mo Chit to Surin, about a six hour journey, and if you want to spend an extra night somewhere then stop off in Korat on the way for your night out.

HL biggrin.png

• Like 1

or fly to Satuk (Buriram) as that's only about an hours drive to Surin.

Thanks, tried that, flights for my dates sold out, rang Nok Air, left it too late for that.

It would have been ideal.

I hadn`t realised that was an option..my fault.sad.png

• Like 1