Flood embankments along Chi River collapse

Lite Beer

How bad does this have to get before someone with balls stands up and calls it want it is instead of just saying it will be okay in a couple of days bah.gif

...]

As bad as it gets. These government agencies are getting paid to lie to the public and screw the rest of the provinces over at the cost if Bangkok ONLY BANGKOK...

does anywhere else even matter?

Nope, only the feudal elite and their innocent kids...

"Nope, only the feudal elite and their innocent kids..." If the kids are innocent, why drag them down? Regarding a "feudal elite": Isn't Thailand a Democracy? Doesn't the majority have it's politicians of choice in power? Perhaps it's better to ask the question of "Why do the serfs keep allowing it to happen?" They are the ones with the real power.

Edited by Local Drunk
  • Like 1

How bad does this have to get before someone with balls stands up and calls it want it is instead of just saying it will be okay in a couple of days bah.gif

...]

As bad as it gets. These government agencies are getting paid to lie to the public and screw the rest of the provinces over at the cost if Bangkok ONLY BANGKOK...

does anywhere else even matter?

Nope, only the feudal elite and their innocent kids...

"Nope, only the feudal elite and their innocent kids..." If the kids are innocent, why drag them down? Regarding a "feudal elite": Isn't Thailand a Democracy? Doesn't the majority have it's politicians of choice in power? Perhaps it's better to ask the question of "Why do the serfs keep allowing it to happen?" They are the ones with the real power.

With innocent, that's an ironic term for rich kids of Thai politicians that do whatever they want and not held accountable for any wrongdoings, because their influential parents have the power to redirect any if their kids' wrongdoings in order to preserve face...

So in technical sense those kids are behinds deep down their hearts... Aka "innocent"

"that's an ironic term for rich kids" I'm not sure I see the irony there, and you didn't address the question Thai democracy.

A update on the Chaiyaphum floods, I took a risk & rode into Chaiyaphum on my' Cruising' bike today (as I can't fit shopping on my Trials bike) from Nong Bua Daeng, a 50 Km trip, didn't hit water until 3 Km outside of Chypm, about 0.5m deep, in the centre however near the bus station was impassable for me at about 1m deep, & the main roundabout with the Statue in the middle & then onto the Nakhon Ratchasima road,(where Big C, Makros & Global House are) was barely passable at about 0.75m. Everywher passable in a pick up I'd say but you'd definately struggle in a Car in places... Hope this helps someone..

• Like 2

They are reporting the Mun river is dropping 2 cm an hour since Thursday but I live on the the Mun river in Sisaket and our house is 50m from the river. The truth, since thursday it has been rising more than 2 cm a hour. Thursday it was 2m from the top of our flood wall on our land. Saturday night it crested over the flood wall and is continuing to rise. The fishing is good behind our house!

Okay update, it is still rising and the top of flood wall is now 2m under water. Just waiting for the Typhoon!

Edited by 55Jay

They are reporting the Mun river is dropping 2 cm an hour since Thursday but I live on the the Mun river in Sisaket and our house is 50m from the river. The truth, since thursday it has been rising more than 2 cm a hour. Thursday it was 2m from the top of our flood wall on our land. Saturday night it crested over the flood wall and is continuing to rise. The fishing is good behind our house!

Okay update, it is still rising and the top of flood wall is now 2m under water. Just waiting for the Typhoon!

Typhoon passed, no rain from the typhoon, no floods and water level peaked last night. The Mun river has receded a bit and stop advancing on us. The fishing is the best it has been in years!