DAAD distributes Thaksin's donations to flood victims

Lite Beer

DAAD distributes Thaksin's donations to flood victims

BANGKOK: -- Some 50 members of the Democratic Alliance Against Dictatorship' (DAAD) were in Prachin Buri today, distributing food supplies from former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra to flood victims.

In 100 boats, the 2,000 sets of dry food supplies were distributed.

Led by Sa-nga Khunyotying, the DAAD members said Thaksin was concerned with the flood situation.

xnationlogo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.lJ-soZNYrR.
-- The Nation 2013-09-29

So the pr#$% in Dubuy spends a few grand andd gets great coverage

Smart move on his part

Pretty stupid for the media to run the story

even sillier for the voters to fall for it

Just read there are over 2 million people affected by the floods ...

Are their care packages on the way?

What a huge A HOLE .......... has just appeared in my condo wall

50 members in 100 boats? facepalm.gif

Try reading the report again.

and?

Some 50 members of the ... (DAAD) were in Prachin Buri today, distributing food supplies...

In 100 boats, the 2,000 sets of dry food supplies were distributed.

That looks like "50 members ... in 100 boats" were distributing food supplies.

• Like 1

will he be supplying 40.000+ food sets to those in Buri Ram, or is that the extent of this stunt to keep his name in the frame?

I live in Buriram and 6 days ago the authorities pleged compensation for the (now ongoing) floods. Fanfare was made and those affected were given a pathetic sack of a few tinned fish, a small bottle of cooking oil, and a few other non perishable items. The name of the donor, written on the outside of the sack I will not mention because of the draconian laws in this Country.

They also registered all those who had their fields flooded, compensation of 2000bht plus a rai was mentioned. They are going to have to find a damn site more now since it's hardly stopped raining and there is more to come.

Maybe if HIS government lived up to the promises made in 2011 which resulted in massive borrowing for flood prevention measures that haven't materialised he would have to resort to this cheap publicity.

Thais got some splainin' to do about the money funded for flood management a few years ago.

50 members in 100 boats? facepalm.gif alt=facepalm.gif>

Well that is what the Nation said and we all know how accurate they are. Probably only had 5 guys to count them and they didn't want to take their shoes off.

Should have used the ten guys who counted the boats

I was given to understand the floods were under control , how silly of me to believe anything the PTP administration may say.bah.gif width=19 alt=bah.gif>

Well from where Thaksin sits they look under control and we all know he is the PTP.

Seems to me in the 2011 flood there were truck loads of supplies going out to help victims from the Government collection point. They had banners on them saying gifts from Thaksin. Right up there with invading hospitals. What a wonderful man

Opportunistsad.png .

Victims? I think we are waaaaay past labeling people as victims. How about fools.

There is a Thai saying: "Fool me once... shame on you. Fool me 2556 times... uhhh... erm... shame on you?"

The donations are irrelevant to all of this, and more or less a moot point to an ongoing mental disease or disorder. I cannot decide which.

• Like 1

Maybe if HIS government lived up to the promises made in 2011 which resulted in massive borrowing for flood prevention measures that haven't materialised he would have to resort to this cheap publicity.

Thais got some splainin' to do about the money funded for flood management a few years ago.

No splainin necessary.. nobody to answer too....they have fixed the flood problems, nuff said, job done....next

• Like 1

That works out at about 20 sets per boat. For a multi-billionaire I would not 'report' that he is concerned with the flood situation at all. It all another pathetic 'keep my name in the media and in the ears of the reds' stunt. Where are all the pumps that he 'bought' from Korea during the last floods? Don't the media want to spend time investigating that?

edited to add" Soutpeel............snap! biggrin.png

Easy to criticize What did you donate to the flood victims?

• Like 2