Spray aerosol for Honda Scoopy

salapau

My wife has a three year old Honda Scoopy in the popular dark red colour. She's not the most careful person, it has several scratches. I am happy to prepare and spray myself. Wher can I buy an aerosol to match the original colour ? I am a three/four hour drive from Chiang Mai, so a retailer that can post it would be good. Many thanks.

Youll be needing the Pylac brand spray...google images so you know what it looks like..then use google translate to try and find an online thai dealer.

if the color you need requires a base layer, do not attempt to paint without it....the store will have a color chart for every model of bike.

• Like 1

Try this place: Nippon Paints 053 214527. I have used a lot of laquer spray paints from there and they are good. The brand name is Leonard and a good selection of colors including several Honda shades.

Not sure if they will deliver but give them a call....they do speak limited english and try to be extremely helpful. One spray can is about 60 baht.

Located on Ratvithi Road inside the old city, left hand side and just along from Loco Elvis Tex Mex restaurant.

Good luck

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update, the brand name isnt Leonard.... its Leyland. Stupid me didnt check the rattle cans I have in my storage room. It is good stuff. They even have a plastic primer which is ideal when repainting side covers and the like. It ensures that the paint doesnt crack or peel off, I use it every time I paint plastic and to date the paint hasnt gone bad.

They also have the candy colours like from the 60's. First you put a base colour of sparkle silver (But not the big glitter type from the 60's), once thats dry (in about 10 minutes) you apply the top coat which is a coloured clear coat. They have red, blue, orange, green and I think yellow available as candy colours. If you remember toffee apples and how you could still see the apple through the toffee, thats how these 'candy' colours work. As the base is a silver sparkle is shows through the coloured top coat.

Ive even used this paint for picture frames and the like, it is good stuff and the beauty is that it dries so fast. Ive tried other rattle can brands including TOA but they were very poor cousins by comparison... usually the pressure drops off or the nozzle just spits globs of paint out. Very annoying when you have to do the prep work again. Leyland paints have very good pressure and come with a spare nozzle, the paint will be used up before the pressure is gone every time.

Okay I thinks thats enough of a sell!thumbsup.gif I do rate this brand A+

• Like 1