Nok Air announces new route Hua Hin to Bangkok from Nov 15, 2013

george

Hope Nok can get a few slots to do the Hua Hin to Chiang Mai direct. Would be very popular.

Yes, I'm sure that the Chiang Mai route would make a lot of sense, but it takes me a little over two hours to get from the Bang Na Trad Road to Hua Hin via the Rama 2 link road/bridge.

Why would anyone want to spend two hours at the airport in advance of the flight, plus the flight time, and then the waiting time for baggage at the other end in order to avoid a two and a bit hour road journey?

• Like 2

Good news for some people,thumbsup.gif though I agree with GeorgeO, We are a family of three, so that would equate to 3600 Baht, plus taxis to and from the airport. A private minibus door to door 2000 Baht. No competition I am afraid. But Hey! it is a step in the right direction, progress is a coming.clap2.gif Although the price quoted was FROM, so what are the variables?coffee1.gif

9.15 at night seems a bit late in the day for tourists, by the time we got to our apartment the reception would be shut.

The price to me is ok it's only $A40 and 30mins. not 2.5hrs by bus or up to 5 hours on train. I'm getting scared to ride in taxis driven by maniacs.

^ Yes, that's a terrible flight schedule and probably will not get enough business (as in the past) to keep the flight up. Many people (like myself) would use this flight to connect with another Nok Air flight to another part of Thailand. We go to Loei quite often using Nok Air out of Don Muang, but that flight leaves around noon so that (or any) connection whether out of Don Muang or Swampy would require an overnight in Bangkok with the flight from Hua Hin arriving so late.

Edited by hhfarang

Hope Nok can get a few slots to do the Hua Hin to Chiang Mai direct. Would be very popular.

Yes, I'm sure that the Chiang Mai route would make a lot of sense, but it takes me a little over two hours to get from the Bang Na Trad Road to Hua Hin via the Rama 2 link road/bridge.

Why would anyone want to spend two hours at the airport in advance of the flight, plus the flight time, and then the waiting time for baggage at the other end in order to avoid a two and a bit hour road journey?

Taken me 5 hours recently from HH to the airport, over the weekend its a hell of a road.

Although the price quoted was FROM, so what are the variables?coffee1.gif

Indeed. This is probably if you book months in advance.

I'd like to know what the "walk up" price is for this flight.

I just checked their web site, and they quote 1070 each way on Thursdays and 1347 on Friday and Sunday for travel in late November early December. There is a higher price of 1600+ which may offer more flexibility. The prices will vary of course depending on demand. The aircraft is a SAAB 340 (turboprop) which is one of the few types likely to make money on the short haul.

They might fly to CNX (or elsewhere) later but only if there is enough demand to make some money.

I cant see the point. I live in Borfai and can drive my truck to swampy in 2 hours at night, 2.5 hours in day. Bangkok central add another 45 minutes to an hour.

To fly it would take longer wouldnt it? To get to HH airport one hour before, fly for what 45 minutes, exit the plane and hail a taxi then over to swampy or central is over an hour again.... Thats almost 3 hours.

So, whats the point?

If they flew to Chiang Mai, Loei, Pai, Krabi etc.... That would be brilliant. But HH to BKK? Jesus whats the point?

Umh... could be they planned the schedule thinking to people from Bangkok who use to spend the weekend in Hua HIn... for them could be good... arriving at dinner time on friday and being back on dinner time again in sunday...

If this will help the street traffic, welcome!

wai2.gif

I cant see the point. I live in Borfai and can drive my truck to swampy in 2 hours at night, 2.5 hours in day. Bangkok central add another 45 minutes to an hour.

To fly it would take longer wouldnt it? To get to HH airport one hour before, fly for what 45 minutes, exit the plane and hail a taxi then over to swampy or central is over an hour again.... Thats almost 3 hours.

So, whats the point?

If they flew to Chiang Mai, Loei, Pai, Krabi etc.... That would be brilliant. But HH to BKK? Jesus whats the point?

Not everyone is like You. Thats the Point.coffee1.gif

So, whats the point?

Lower risk to life and limb than driving.

Safety, more relaxing? Each to their own. Personally I prefer a Limo=comfort and a 'safe' driver.

DMK to HHQ???? Ummmmmm......

Take a look in 6 months from now and it will be discontinued for sure.

Many have tried and all have failed and Nok air will be no different.

There is no market for this at all. Never has been never will be.

Please dont laugh too much but the best way to reach hua hin in safety and normally in around 4 hours is by train.

Yes I said it by train and there's many services too.

As per post above a lot of bangkok ppl use the place and other areas around PKK.

In general they are not going to travel all the way too DMK wait for around 1.30 hours fly for 40 mins then land then pay taxi from airport.

They will just drive from bangkok for sure.

International tourist ummmm... arrive BKK transfer to DMK then do the same??? Enough said about that one already. But honestly that is there only potential market nok has.

It does not make any sence.

Drive from Bangkok to Hua Hin around 4 hours. Buses around 4.30 to 5 hours.By train 4 hours travel time no guarantees what time you leave.

Prices.... well I leave that to the experts but the most exspensive I here of is from BKK limo service at 4000 thb oneway but thats for 4 passengers so 1000 each not bad.

Went down there the other week travelling from bang na with gf. She thought I was crazy going on train.

We left home via taxi to hua lampong on Saturday morning using express way fare was 175 thb arrived in 20 mins waited for 30 mins then train departed at 8.20am ( ment to be 8.05am) arrived safe and well in hua hin just after 1pm.

Since we been back she is now a convert for the train to travel down there. She says its the safest and the easiest and the best.

Mind you her friends are not convinced!

There's no market for sure.. however if one was to offer a flight from CNX or URT or HKT or even HDY to hua hin then its possible that it may last.

But bangkok to hua hin come on, a waste of time.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So, whats the point?

Not everyone is like You. Thats the Point.coffee1.gif

Well ok, fair enough. I guess some people do not have there own car or simply dont like driving. As I said, fair enough. Why the bloody hell though would you end your reply with a 'boring' smiley?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Stay away from Nok Air, they purposely stole my wife's bag and in a separate incident when their website malfunctioned and over charged me and I called it to their attention they basically said tough $hit. You are far better off with a more professional discount airline, or basically ANY other airline.