6 months payslips & P60

Hi all!

Ok i have a question regarding the P60, basically im looking to apply under Cat A for my wifes spouse visa to England in about 2 weeks time.

I get paid hourly, and have a letter confirming how long i have been working for my company (since Oct '11) and my hourly wage (£11.26).

I will supply my last 26 weeks pay slips, which will total £10,400. This will take me back to 12th April...which is AFTER i was issued my P60 for FY12/13...so my question is do i need to submit the P60, as its not part of the 6 month period i am providing evidence for?

The reason im asking is on my P60 issued in April this year it will show only a total of 16k for FY12/13. The reason for this is that i am on non-salaried employment, and wasnt paid for holidays and bank holidays etc. Once i realised this might affect my application i have worked solidly and now have 6 months of salary to prove i earn over the £18600 minimum.

I actually earned over the minimum anyway over the last 52 weeks, im just concerned that this P60 total will confuse my sponsorship application. I thought on providing the P60 and a letter explaining why my P60 total was lower, but then i came across the following extract from the UKBA website.

"In addition to the evidence listed above, P60(s) for the relevant period(s) of employment (if
issued) and a signed contract(s) of employment may also be submitted in respect of paid
employment in the UK. If they are not submitted, the decision-maker may grant the
application if otherwise satisfied that the requirements of Appendix FM-SE relating to that
employment are met, or they may ask for the documents to be submitted in accordance with
paragraph D of the Appendix"

So on one hand i wanted to follow the guidelines and only submit for the relevent periods (12th April-4th Oct) so not to confuse my application, but also i dont want it to look like im concealing anything (which im not!).

Any thoughts?

You do not have to provide a P60. If the ECO is not happy with the submitted documentation, then he ca ask for further documentation, but he would really need a good reason to ask for a P60 if you have already submitted the required documentation that meets the requirements of the Appendix FM-SE. If the ECO does later ask for a P60, then do as you have already suggested ( provide it with an explanatory letter).

Your monthly average wage of 1733 GBP meets the requirements, and gives you an annualised gross income of 20,800 GBP. All other things being equal, etc, you should be okay. If you can, make sure that the employment letter shows an annual salary of above 18,600 GBP, or gives the number of hours you can be expected to work.