Changing Married Visa ext. to ED Visa. Possible

I live in Thailand nearly 4 years. I am nearly 49.

My Marriage with my Thai wife is going downhill and i would like to ask in advance is it possible to change my Marriage Visa (extension until Summer 2014) to an ED Visa in Thailand? (Until i get 50, i have to wait another 15 month for a retirement visa).

For any answer or other Visa opinions i would be thankful.

Edited by Mentors

If you got divorced you could change the reason for your extension (it is not a visa) to one for going to school with paperwork from school. You would not be able to change until extension ends which a divorce would do.

Another option would be to get multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage prior to divorce which would remain valid after divorce.

Edited by ubonjoe

Best option is to get the multiple entry O visa ...

That will give you up to 15 months and doesn't disappear if you get divorced. You just new to do border runs ever 90 days

Then in 15 months, go for your retirement extension

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

Do you have a re-entry permit with your extension of stay? If yes, you need to cancel your extension of stay at immirgaiton first, before you apply for a multiple non-Immigrant visa. If you do not have a re-entry permit, simply leaving the country would cancel your permisison to stay.

The visa is applied for outside of Thailand, in Savanakhet, Laos can you get a multiple non-O based on your marriage.

• Like 1

You could get it at anytime. You have to make a trip to a embassy or consulate to get it.

Savannakhet Laos does them with no financial proof. KL Malaysia does them but you need to 400k baht in a Thai bank.

You would need your marriage certificate and signed copies of your wife's ID card and house book.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/658691-non-o-multiple-entry-savannakhet-now-requires-proof-of-finances/page-2

Requirement at Savannakhet for Multi O based on marriage.

Avery reliable source has just returned from Savannahket and NO funds required for an O-Multy based on marriage.

Just..

Completed Visa Application

two Passport Size Photos

Passport

Copy of Photo Page of Passport

Copy of Marriage Certificate

Original Marriage Certificate

Copy of Wife's Housebook

Copy of Wife's ID

5,000 baht

Have your wife sign the copy of MC,her housebook and her ID. It would be nice if you can get her to write a letter asking that they issue you a multi O based on marriage.

Yes, getting an O visa is an easy answer, try to do it just before you get divorced.. but don't wait until you are actually divorced or you may find it very difficult to get an O visa aged under 50.

The O visa will require you to make your last entry to Thailand within 12 months, but that's not a expiry date as such so you still have a O visa for another 3 months if you do a border hop the day before the 12 months is up, so then it can be extended by applying for a retirement extension if your application and your 50th birthday both leave sufficient time for that application to be processed.

• Like 1