Motorola moto-x: Thai availability?

SoloFlyer

Afternoon,

Looking at switching phones shortly. The only one grabbing my eye at the moment is the moto X. Reading up it looks mid-range, but with enough nice stuff to make it interesting.

At the moment its only out on US networks. First reports were that a global release would follow shortly after the US, but now it seems they have pulled the plug on that and will be releasing something else for the rest of us.

I do see that you can get an 'unlockable' Developer Edition though (but only in US, so would require shipitto etc to get it here, and then have to forgo warrantees etc.).

Anyone have any info on Thai availability, if ever?

Cheers.

I think you could buy the Developer's Edition, which is unlocked, for $649.

http://www.motorola.com/us/shop-all-mobile-phones/moto-x-developer-edition.html

There are some rumors it might show up on the Play Store. Believe the Nexus 5 might be a better price/performance proposition; that's the model I plan to buy.

The rumored low-cost version, Moto DVX, is not out yet.

I doubt the Moto X would be localized for the Thai market.

• Like 1

There are hundreds upon hundreds of posts re: shipping stuff here. Some pay nothing - other than potential U.S. sales tax, intra-U.S. shipping, extra-U.S. shipping (to Thailand), some pay VAT (7%), some pay VAT + some reasonable Duty, some pay an outrageous sum. Check the various threads for the best shipping option; I return often so just hand-carry goods - I've never had anything shipped to Thailand.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...