Pattaya Beach "disappears" in places after heavy rainfall!

webfact

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Build the daylights out of every cm of beach front and vicinity only to have so much rainfall. bull crap people. Drainage isn't the only factor, its also because they remove soil and trees and replace with asphalt and concrete. Where else do you expect gravity to carry the rainfall?

No surprise. In August they were just finishing up the brick-path rebuild. And by "rebuild" I mean just bricks laid on loosely packed, brown sand. Three of us were walking up it saying, "Just wait till the next big rain."

On the bright side, this kind of crap construction creates continual employment in Pattaya. This gives a bit of extra money to Somchai (and , as always, to the local dirty politicians who take a cut of contracts).

U can get a jail sentence for slander in Thailand

But now they can put out contracts to rip up the road (again) and install the drains, which will of course get plugged full of garbage within days and be next to useless the next time it rains any ways, which will require more contracts to be let to clean/renovate/upgrade those drains, which will require the road to be ripped up (again) and so it goes on and on and on.

You should be in Greece.......God forbid!

But now they can put out contracts to rip up the road (again) and install the drains, which will of course get plugged full of garbage within days and be next to useless the next time it rains any ways, which will require more contracts to be let to clean/renovate/upgrade those drains, which will require the road to be ripped up (again) and so it goes on and on and on.

This has been going on as long as I can remember more than 20yrs. They spend millions of Baht every year. when are they going to get some professional people into run Pattaya. It will keep going on for many more years.

The futility of efforts to restore Pattaya's once golden beach is almost beyond belief. Dumping sand is simply a waste of time. Even the pathway girls will not bring back family groups year after year as it once did. The only way to make Pattaya swimmable again is the construction of artificial lagoons 200 metres out to Sea together with structured access for water sports. A similar approach needs to be taken at many points along the Gulf of Thailand running well into the South.

Global warming is home to stay and the reluctance of Civic Management to take this seriously will cost Thailand dearly.

"Pattaya Officials are now counting the cost of the damage to the beach and questions are being asked as to why recent expansion work to Beach Road, which is one of many known flooding hot-spots in the City, did not incorporate an upgraded storm drain system to ensure that rainwater could be dispersed into the ocean without damaging the beach."

The answer is :

Kickbacks

Kickbacks

Kickbacks

The futility of efforts to restore Pattaya's once golden beach is almost beyond belief. Dumping sand is simply a waste of time. Even the pathway girls will not bring back family groups year after year as it once did. The only way to make Pattaya swimmable again is the construction of artificial lagoons 200 metres out to Sea together with structured access for water sports. A similar approach needs to be taken at many points along the Gulf of Thailand running well into the South.

Global warming is home to stay and the reluctance of Civic Management to take this seriously will cost Thailand dearly.

Global warming Over development is home to stay and the reluctance of Civic Management to take this seriously will cost Thailand dearly.

• Like 1

....... and the garbage will be landing on the newly created beach with hand-selected sands from Chantaburi in time for Xmas again; together with the beach-roaming ladies of the second gender, the blind Somsaks wearing the BiB uniforms, the pan handlers and the fortune tellers. As far as I am concerned you can let nature have its way; in any and all aspects 8-)

I really like a good rain storm, lightning,thunder. I quite enjoy enjoy the rain beating on the roof as I am hunkered down under the covers.

Next morning I woke up, drove in from Jomtien to Irish Rovers for a hearty breakfast as I do regularly, and then home. It was not till

I read Thai Visa and saw some pictures and read the reports that their was flooding and damage. Everything drains quickly and is back

functioning in no time. Quite impressive as far as I am concerned.

Pattaya is the greatest city in Thailand, if not the entire world. Every resource available needs to be devoted to an immediate restoration of this paradise on Earth.

Compared to the weekend drunken piss and fight fest of major UK cities Pattaya is a paradise.

These flash floods are a tough problem to solve anyway. Either create massive and expensive underground sewage system for these once or twice per year incidents or do nothing and repair the damage afterwards. The latter case is in most places actually cheaper...

The world has enough problems without you adding your negative comments. .

What the hell has Pattaya got to do with the world ? apart from being the largest brothel, having said that and it being the truth how long will this post last ??????

With luck it will rain a bit heavier next time..........place needs a good clean up

i think FANTASTIC RAIN MORE ,,,,,!,they don,t know how to maintain a beach anyhow ! Less headache for everyone and the water washing right up to the road take all the garbage straight out of sight ..permanent denial of any problem wastage wise RAIN bring it on......yay!

You may not have been around then, but over 3 years in the '90s they installed new drains which got larger each year. The final version had very large pipes which were sufficient since, and it rains heavily every year.

If they failed this year, either too much rain for any drainage system, or the new walkway works has destroyed the small pipes leading to the large drain.

If the downpours continue then hopefully the rest of Pattaya will follow suit & then it can be re-built into something more attractive.

Oh dear, if you dislike Pattaya so much, why do you live there? If you don't live there, why would you care?

There's nothing wrong with Pattaya that getting rid of tourist families won't solve.

I didn't realise there were so many retired council planning experts in Pattaya. Come back, your country needs you! ;-)

Climate change, whatever it's cause will change our world. It's a great leveller...

Heavy rain in Pattaya is NOTHING to do with "climate change". It's had heavy rain many many times over the many many years I've visited it.